Failing XBL?

#1 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2500 posts) -

Is anybody else'  XBL logging offline while trying to connect to a Gears online match? I know the matchmaking sucks but now I can't find a match and my XBL disconnects frequently. Is the XBL screwing up with you guys?

#2 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

Yeah everyone is getting kicked off randomly. I'd guess that it has to do with the new dashboard preparations. It's really annoying though.

#3 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

dido

#4 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I was playing for about a couple hours up until 5 or 10 minutes ago, during that time I was booted about 3 times. I was able to log back on, instantly though. At least I was on a map-creator and not in matchmaking, so wutevz.

Shawn said:

"Yeah everyone is getting kicked off randomly. I'd guess that it has to do with the new dashboard preparations. It's really annoying though."

That's probably right. ^^

Edit: It isn't just Gears of War 2, I forgot to say I was playing Far Cry 2. It's XBL. Anyway, I'm excited for the NXE so it doesn't really matter to me that the pre-launch preparations are causing some turbulence.
#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I can't wait for the NXE! I have gotten kicked out of Live a couple times but nothing too big.

#6 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I thought it was because I downloaded the new NXE patch (seems like anybody who had signed up previously got a code today if not a few weeks ago). Glad it's not just me!

#7 Edited by banned8921 (1246 posts) -
mugugipan said:
"dido"
Did you mean ditto? Or did you just randomly mention dido one of my favorite singers.

#8 Posted by carlthenimrod (1599 posts) -

I got punted off during wave 50 in horde mode. :{

#9 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

This is not something I have yet experienced.

#10 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I haven't gotten the boot as of yet, but I have only played a few hours of MP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.