Favourite Moment? (could contain spoilers)

#1 Posted by Captain_Insano (1540 posts) -

What is your favourite moment from the game? Be it a cut-scene, or a hectic fight etc.

Mine has to be when you are in the Hollow for the first time and you are taking out a Locust patrol/army with a sniper. Marcus counts each one as you kill them and them proclaims 'That's 5 Motherfuckers!'. Completley awesome

#2 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

*SPOILERS*



Haha, Marcus counting during the sniping scene was cool. For me, I think my favorite moment would definitely have to be when you find Maria. I thought it was done brilliantly. As far as gameplay goes, I really enjoyed the area in the game where you encounter that talking computer system, and throughout the facility there are like turret/cameras. I thought that part was a lot of fun.

#3 Posted by Captain_Insano (1540 posts) -

yea, the Maria cutscene is pretty awesome. The way that she changes in Dom's eyes was really well handled. I wasn't a big fan of the turret system in the facility, though it was cool in that it added a big of a strategy/platforming element to the gameplay

#4 Posted by Gylature (7 posts) -

I thought the speech by the Chairman right at the beginning was pretty epic.

#5 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

Cole on the Nexus speakers.  That part was hilarious.  

#6 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -
Gylature said:
"I thought the speech by the Chairman right at the beginning was pretty epic."

I agree, I was playing co-op with a mate and i just started screaming out 'DIE YOU MOTHER FUCKIN LOCUST SCUM!!!!!!'... yeah... it was good...

Dont judge me...
#7 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

the Maria scene and the final scene . Also I loved that  bad ass sniping countdown .  5 Mother fuckers

#8 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -
daniel_beck_90 said:
"the Maria scene and the final scene . Also I loved that  bad ass sniping countdown .  5 Mother fuckers"

I actually played through as Dom on my first go, and i didn't hear that part... Im playing through again with my partner and i heard it last night, its fkin funny.
#9 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Psynapse said:
"daniel_beck_90 said:
"the Maria scene and the final scene . Also I loved that  bad ass sniping countdown .  5 Mother fuckers"

I actually played through as Dom on my first go, and i didn't hear that part... Im playing through again with my partner and i heard it last night, its fkin funny."
yeah , it was unbelievable yet so awesome 
#10 Posted by Milkman (16801 posts) -
Manks said:
"Cole on the Nexus speakers.  That part was hilarious.  "
"'Oooh, mommy! Don't let the bad man hurt me!' FUCK YOU. I'ma kick your momma's ass! WOOO!!"
#11 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Manks said:
"Cole on the Nexus speakers.  That part was hilarious.  "
"'Oooh, mommy! Don't let the bad man hurt me!' FUCK YOU. I'ma kick your momma's ass! WOOO!!""
not you , you were great , specially with the bitch ass stuff  :P 
#12 Posted by Captain_Insano (1540 posts) -
Manks said:
"Cole on the Nexus speakers.  That part was hilarious.  "
I concur.
The writing and dialogue in this is significantly better than Gears 1. I found myself enjoying what they were saying and the story a lot more this time round
#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, the characters in Gears 2 are more likeable and seem more fleshed out than before. They have more memorable and entertaining dialogue this time around.

#14 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Manks said:
"Cole on the Nexus speakers.  That part was hilarious.  "
"'Oooh, mommy! Don't let the bad man hurt me!' FUCK YOU. I'ma kick your momma's ass! WOOO!!""
YEP>>> THE BEST BY FARRR!!!!!!!!!! WHOA<<<<<<<<<<< HF> SORRY THE VODKA"S KICKING IN< IM TRYING TO Stay up for NXE> oh shit sorry BOUT THE caps
#15 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

So many cool moments... but the biggest impact on me was the one where

SPOILERS

Dom finds Maria.

but I also like the aforementioned Cole scene. The toast easter egg was pretty awesome too. I LIKE EM CRUSTY ON THE OUTSIDE.

#16 Posted by wimael45 (53 posts) -

my favorite part was the snipin countdown and also the cole intro in slow motion.....and when baird was like "i hated the queen's speech...but yours was great cole....specially the ass part:"

#17 Posted by wimael45 (53 posts) -

you know the bitch-ass part(sorry--dont remember well)

#18 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

I liked the part in the cave, when you lights go off and the corpsers appear around you.
Also, inside the worm was a fun level, pretty brutal too :D.

#19 Posted by wimael45 (53 posts) -

i also liked when dom and marcus are choking because of the dust underground and carmine was like "maybe thats why ya should wear helmets........."

#20 Posted by HistoryInRust (6316 posts) -
RandomHero666 said:
"I liked the part in the cave, when you lights go off and the corpsers appear around you.
Also, inside the worm was a fun level, pretty brutal too :D."
As much as I disliked a lot of the tank sequence, I agree, the Corpsers in the darkness was a really memorable moment. 

John DiMaggio's voice work for the scene where the Giant Worm is revealed--that's just hilarious.

"THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!"
#21 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"*SPOILERS*



Haha, Marcus counting during the sniping scene was cool. For me, I think my favorite moment would definitely have to be when you find Maria. I thought it was done brilliantly. As far as gameplay goes, I really enjoyed the area in the game where you encounter that talking computer system, and throughout the facility there are like turret/cameras. I thought that part was a lot of fun."
Why don't I remember this?
#22 Posted by HistoryInRust (6316 posts) -
dsplayer1010 said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"*SPOILERS*



Haha, Marcus counting during the sniping scene was cool. For me, I think my favorite moment would definitely have to be when you find Maria. I thought it was done brilliantly. As far as gameplay goes, I really enjoyed the area in the game where you encounter that talking computer system, and throughout the facility there are like turret/cameras. I thought that part was a lot of fun."
Why don't I remember this?"
Because nothing happened in that section.  You ran from wall-mounted flamethrowers and, once every seven minutes, had the opportunity to melee a single Wretch. 

I fucking hated that part.  Luckily, the Razor-Hail sequence nearly made up for it. 
#23 Edited by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I screwed up the part where you snipe the Locusts.  I kept missing and ran out of ammo by the third one.  I really liked the first time you go underground and see all the other COGs coming down after you.  It gives you the feeling that you're a part of something a lot bigger.

Sir_Ragnarok said:

"RandomHero666 said:
"I liked the part in the cave, when you lights go off and the corpsers appear around you.
Also, inside the worm was a fun level, pretty brutal too :D."
As much as I disliked a lot of the tank sequence, I agree, the Corpsers in the darkness was a really memorable moment. 

John DiMaggio's voice work for the scene where the Giant Worm is revealed--that's just hilarious.

"THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM!""
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought that was funny.
#24 Posted by Player1 (3868 posts) -

Something about riding the Brumak, and taking out 25-30 enemies with each rocket.

I could FEEL the power I had on the back of that thing.

#25 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

Riding the Reavers out of the locust caves and over that forest was so incredibly fun and exciting. I had the goofiest and widest smile throughout the entire experience.

The Corprsers in the dark were pretty cool.

The incredibly cheesy and comical deliverance of "It's a giant worm!" had me laughing pretty hard, whether it was intentional or not is a different matter.

Even though I called it as soon as they introduced a second Carmine, his death scene was also a source of comic relief.

And of course, the first time you get your hands on a mortar was a great feeling of power and "coolness?" .

#26 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

When Tai blows his head off, I really hated him, and that made me happy.

#27 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Seeing a friend pickoff a locust head when he's not on screen. Seeing that head randomly explode always puts me in a good mood.

Close second would be Coles interruption on the queen speech.

#28 Posted by wimael45 (53 posts) -

punching a down locust 3 times in the face when they are down........

#29 Posted by smurf317 (29 posts) -

Finding Tai was one of the most memorable parts for me. I had to set down the controller to pull myself together, no lie.

#30 Posted by wimael45 (53 posts) -

marias face gave me chills....it was crazy

#31 Posted by wimael45 (53 posts) -

what else??..............

#32 Posted by damswedon (3191 posts) -

the "Thats alot of juice" scene with baird n cole

#33 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

One line from Cole had me in hysterics

BAIRD: "They're processing people, man"
COLE: "I'll show these motherfuckin bitches some process!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.