Gears 2 at Comic-Con 08

#1 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

The Gears of War 2 team will be at Comic-Con this week with showings of new stuff. The stuff included are the announcement of novels, comic books and action figures for the franchise.

Hey, its going on the Halo route now. =)

#2 Posted by igpx407 (75 posts) -

Except the novels are being written by Karen Traviss. She wrote the superb Republic Commando series of Star Wars books (some of my favorite books of all time). Her skill should put the Gear's tie-in books several steps above Halo's.

#3 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

Seems like more developers are paying attention to Comic Con, this would make more sense with Star Wars/Fantasy/Comic games but I would think they would rather show updated builds at Leipzig and PAX.

#4 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -
Nobility said:
"

Seems like more developers are paying attention to Comic Con, this would make more sense with Star Wars/Fantasy/Comic games but I would think they would rather show updated builds at Leipzig and PAX.

"
Or TGS.
#5 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
MAV3R1CK said:
"Nobility said:
"

"
Or TGS.
"
I don't think they would with TGS. Since many Western games don't sell well there.
#6 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -
LightYagami245 said:
"MAV3R1CK said:
"Nobility said:
"

"
Or TGS.
"
I don't think they would with TGS. Since many Western games don't sell well there.
"
My thoughts exactly.
#7 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Hmm. I missed this.

#8 Posted by MojondeVACA (23 posts) -

I hope they show something new at Leipzig.

#9 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
MojondeVACA said:
"I hope they show something new at Leipzig."
I hope they show some Horde gameplay.
#10 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
igpx407 said:
"Except the novels are being written by Karen Traviss. She wrote the superb Republic Commando series of Star Wars books (some of my favorite books of all time). Her skill should put the Gear's tie-in books several steps above Halo's.
"
Sweet. She is a great author. I might pick up the novel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.