Gears 2 - Did anyone watch after the credits ?? ****Spoilers****

#1 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

****I'll start this by warning all that this will contain spoilers****

At the end of Gears of War 2, after the credits have rolled... There is someone that comes over a radio...

Please tell me that other people have actually seen/heard this... I think it opens up so many questions, is Adam Fenix alive? What does he have to do with the Queen? (in the campaign she says 'its a shame you have not followed your fathers footsteps' or something like that).

Care to discuss???

#2 Posted by Muze (183 posts) -

That'll probably be what Gears of War 3 will be about.

#3 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -
#4 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

I'm guessing the Locust started by one immulsion mutated person had sex with another immulsion mutated person and then out came a baby locust and then another,and then another,and another,and another,they were just flyin out and then once there was like 1000 they all underwent cellular Mitosis and copied themselves over and over again.Also Marcus' dad is a Brumak.No but in all seriousness i think that Adam Fenix is some sort of mutated human/locust guy that got captured by the Lambent or something like that.

#5 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

Yeah I heard that, and tagged with the fact that Locust (the Queen) know Adam, then its more intriguing. Was Adam working for a way to have both humans and Locusts in Sera? Who knows.

#6 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

For those who didn't wait at the end of the credits...

#7 Posted by Rowr (5650 posts) -

marcus meets his father in Gears 3 and has to destroy him. DUUUUH.

#8 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Looks like Marcus has only unleashed more Locust! AW COME ON!

#9 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -
Rowr said:
"marcus meets his father in Gears 3 and has to destroy him. DUUUUH."
I think that Adam (Marcus fasher) created the Locusts.
#10 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

1.Humans are not indigenious to sera.
2.Locust are mutated humans.

There are quite a few clues in the source of the collectables and mission names...ect As well as story.

One of the Missions is named indigenious creatures, after that is disturbing revelations...ect
One thing being that there are way to many locust for his father to have created them in a life time frame, which points to the more logical conclusion locust are indigenious to sera and humans are not, Or that locust have just all ways lived underground and are now being forced out by the lambent, another is that locust are ancient mutated humans *since imulsion isn't a recent thing*

#11 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
systech said:
"Looks like Marcus has only unleashed more Locust! AW COME ON!"

Probably also infected all the water and sent up a dust cloud huge enough to give everyone on the surface a fat case of Rust Lung.
Staff
#12 Posted by bwooduhs (1617 posts) -

Damn the story of this game is like Lost. It answers a question and then asks 2 more.

#13 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
bwooduhs said:
"Damn the story of this game is like Lost. It answers a question and then asks 2 more."
yeah which makes no sense when all these pundits are down on gears story as a cliched crappy story, the story is great!
#14 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"bwooduhs said:
"Damn the story of this game is like Lost. It answers a question and then asks 2 more."
yeah which makes no sense when all these pundits are down on gears story as a cliched crappy story, the story is great!"
we have to wait , Gears of war  will definitely have 3 or 4 more sequels , so raising question is nothing but a great movement  .
have not you seen MGS franchise  ? it raises one question after another but all of them were answered in the final game .
#15 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

Aw come on!

#16 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -

god dern locust!!

#17 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

What's certain is that Adam Fenix knows a lot more about the Locust than we do. I assume we shouldn't have done what we did at the end of the game.

#18 Posted by CreamyGoodness (1086 posts) -

once again the locust are thought to be destroyed. but no ,there, not

#19 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

They messed up, big time. The water is now going to be mixed with immulsion(I think that's how you spell it).

#20 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"1.Humans ARE indigenious to sera.

There is no such thing as earth in the GoW universe. Sera=Earth basically. The humans have always been on earth.
#21 Posted by Captain_Insano (1540 posts) -

My theory is that Adam Fenix is the dude that you had to fight when you confronted the Locust Queen. A lot of the dialogue at that point mentioned Adam Fenix and I picked up the implication that the thing you were fighting might be him. It did escape on the Reaver as well as the Queen so it could return in a future game. Fenix probably tried to stop the Locust early on or found out about them but then became one of them himself. Maybe he was captured and tortured before being transformed into a Locust

#22 Posted by TomboDemon (138 posts) -

i have a theory that all of the prisoners that the locust take are infected with rustlung,
ill post this later as a new topic with my evidence, but i started thinking about it when looking at my collectables,
one of the early ones is about a patient with rustlung who was released, and then a later one a journal by a prisoner was written by that very same person,
as well as Maria having been possibly a Jane Doe with Rustlung,
and i think this could mean Baird has a case of it too

#23 Posted by marcusfriendly (87 posts) -

I believe that it has something to do with the sequel. Common Baby!!!

#24 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
marcusfriendly said:
"I believe that it has something to do with the sequel. Common Baby!!!"
that was an amazing fist post !!!
#25 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Adam Fenix might have been captured by the Locust and decided to work for them instead of being killed.  While working for them, he might have found out something crucial that would cause something catostrophic to humans if they sank Jacinto(which could explain why Adam Fenix yelled "What have you done!" at the end of the credits").

All I know is that I can't wait for Gears of War 3!

#26 Posted by Captain_Insano (1540 posts) -

Though it was Adam Fenix's suggestion to sink Jacinto. To me that means that he has been corrupted by the Locust. The 'bad' side of him gave the advice to sink Jacinto, which is what Marcus and the COG did. The 'good' side of him knows that it was a bad idea, hence the yelling at the end of the credits. Either way it is a way for Epic to justify future Gears of War games and give them a storyline

#27 Posted by KurtanionNZ (24 posts) -

It kind of sounded like an old recording to me, I'm not sure why. Maybe post original Lightmass Bombing but it didn't sound very recent to me, even though that would make sense.

#28 Posted by William (441 posts) -

HE R KING

#29 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I really didn't find anything special about what happened after the credits...I kind of expected it for a while.

#30 Posted by Ichi (59 posts) -

The story really could go a lot of different ways :

About mixing the immulsion and the water :

Why weren't the Gears more skeptical about finding tips about how to destroy the Locusts ON A LOCUST COMPUTER?

About the humanoid Locust queen :

I think it'd be great it Adam Fenix was a true traitor and knocked up the Locust Queen or something equally crazy
It seems like the Locusts might have been created by humans as a war weapon.
I kind of think it'd be cooler if the humans realized they were the assholes for invading Sera and the Locust are willing to ignore the humans if they leave Sera alone
Or maybe they could go the Halo route and introduce some even more evil aliens and half way through GOW3 you'll control a Locust leader and in GOW4 you join forces to fight the new enemy.

#31 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

My theory is that if you read some of the collectibles one says something of the lines of "If E-Day never have happened, there might have been a revolt". Also remember the enemies encountered in that abandoned COG base? Chairman Prescott knew about that. Maybe the humans engineered the first Locust to cause a war so Prescott could keep his power.... or something like that.

#32 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Yeah, GOW3 is gonna be a prequel, in my opinion and you'll play as Adam phoenix, again that's just what i think will happen.

#33 Edited by AutomaticSnake (390 posts) -

The only thing i heard at the end was............ buy Gears of War 3............. buy it.........

#34 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"1.Humans are not indigenious to sera.
2.Locust are mutated humans.

There are quite a few clues in the source of the collectables and mission names...ect As well as story.

One of the Missions is named indigenious creatures, after that is disturbing revelations...ect
One thing being that there are way to many locust for his father to have created them in a life time frame, which points to the more logical conclusion locust are indigenious to sera and humans are not, Or that locust have just all ways lived underground and are now being forced out by the lambent, another is that locust are ancient mutated humans *since imulsion isn't a recent thing*"

Come on we all know the Locust came from the moon and eat Imulsion:P.
#35 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

Clearly just the setup to Gears 3

#36 Edited by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
SSbabel said:
"Yeah, GOW3 is gonna be a prequel, in my opinion and you'll play as Adam phoenix, again that's just what i think will happen."
Adam phinex is a pansy scientist , he can not even spell the term  awwwwwwwe  Come ooooooooon  !
all the Gears of war games will be played as Marcus Fenix  and delta squad .
#37 Posted by Rorschach (316 posts) -
Jeff said:
"systech said:

Probably also infected all the water and sent up a dust cloud huge enough to give everyone on the surface a fat case of Rust Lung.
"
I hate it when that happens.
#38 Posted by Rorschach (316 posts) -
DARKIDO07 said:
"My theory is that if you read some of the collectibles one says something of the lines of "If E-Day never have happened, there might have been a revolt". Also remember the enemies encountered in that abandoned COG base? Chairman Prescott knew about that. Maybe the humans engineered the first Locust to cause a war so Prescott could keep his power.... or something like that."
I'm surprised that there aren't more theories floating around involving this. I mean, mutated-ey-ish-esque bros in cog base? Not such a good sign.
#39 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
Jeff said:
"systech said:

"
It's like your reading my mind.
#40 Posted by Gun_Crazed_Riot (5 posts) -

I personally believe Adam Fenix is being held captive by the queen...but hey who know =]

#41 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I reckon there will be another Halo and you have to use the index to destroy it along with the Locust, or something.

#42 Posted by Sledgemeyers (40 posts) -

First of all, I'm completely taken back right now.

If anybody is actually right and the plot of Gears 3 reveals that Adam Fenix knocked up the queen to make the Locust, I will probably never play an Epic game again. So far, the story they're setting up with the Locust being indigenous to Sera is much better and has a much deeper social commentary. And as we all know, it works, because the human's migrated to Sera for immulsion amoung other things.

Plus, human's can't evolve from immulsion due to rustlung. Ka-durrrrr.

I think Gears 3 will take the "humans are the bad guy" approach and reveal some things we'd expect and wouldn't to us as well as the Gears. Imagine Marcus finding out the Locust have been killing the infected (rustlung/lambent) due to a greater threat and discovering the Locust have been here all along... which we can all guess, but for some reason the Gears have yet to speculate. I can easily see the Locust only assualting the people due to a conflict over immulsion... either because it's dangerous or because they need it. THOUGH, if you notice, the Locust have no major machienery that need immulsion. If they'd actually use it for better purposes they'd be a bigger threat.

Plus, it's been set up already that the government know a bit more than the troops, not to mention that rustlung could be worse than expected. In the beginning of the game Dom or Tai asks if rustlung is contageous to which Marcus replies, "I'd rather not take my chances." How would Dom react if he was posed with the question of killing the Locust despite them quanantining his wife for the better of everyone? It's really the only route I could see for him, because the wife story is done and him being angry in the third would just be lame.

#43 Edited by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

The humans of Sera are not from Terra. Earth doesn't exist in the Gears of War universe.

#44 Edited by JJR (12 posts) -

I wanna know more about the New Hope Research facility, and the sires.  I remember reading somewhere that Adam Fenix accidentally discovered the Locusts.

#45 Posted by drakesfortune (296 posts) -

Gears 3 will be about Adam Fenix, and it'll come out that the president aligned with the fuck tards under the Earth to make money, and somehow Fenix will have aligned with the queen to stop it or something.  I don't know, but obviously the president is in it for the emulsion/money.  I actually picture that a lot like prison break and how their dad was once a bad guy aligned with the "corporation" only to find out they're really the bad guys, and then is trying to take them down.  I see Marcus Fenix taking down the president in Gears 3. 

I'll say this, Gears 2 is fucking great.  The Dom parts were pretty cheesy, but I'm glad they tried a lot harder on the story..  Even though it was kind of cheesy, it was still fun, and I appreciated the effort put into thstory.  Gears one had a shit strory.  

#46 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

Marcus Fenix, the biggest fuck up game character ever.  Spanning 2 games already, he has accomplished just about nothing. 
Plant bomb "oh, it didn't work"
locate maria "oh, she's dead"
sink jacinto "you made things worse"

just put it down marcus...

ShadowVirus said:

"I reckon there will be another Halo and you have to use the index to destroy it along with the Locust, or something."

considering just how much they stole from halo, the designs of the elephant and spiker straight up, the flood forms, the introduction of heavier artillerly, all of which are form halo 3 (mortor- aka missle pod, grinder- aka turret) and slow you down, the whole civil war thing (and there really is quite a bit more)  I wouldn't be suprised at all.
#47 Posted by MadMatr07 (200 posts) -

Wait is no one bringing up the secret facility with the creatures in tanks resembling locusts?

#48 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
Gargantuan said:
"The humans of Sera are not from Terra. Earth doesn't exist in the Gears of War universe."

What the hell is Terra?
#49 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Aren't the lambent the more "evil aliens"
and what about the Sires, do they qualify as Locusts?
Idk
I can wait 2 years.

#50 Edited by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Adam Fenix did not tap the Locust Queen. You heard it here first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.