Gears 2 gets Linked Achievements

#1 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -
#2 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

sounds cool

#3 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Did I just read 'unlock a playable Raam' ?!

*faints*

#4 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

Sounds cool i guess

#5 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

Well, balls. Now I might actually have to go back and play the first Gears again.

#6 Posted by FuzzyFace56 (43 posts) -

Nice....I really like that idea, gives ppl a reason to go back and buy the last game and rewards the ppl who bought there last product. Its a smart move and more developers should follow.

#7 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

I think its MP only, would be weird playing through the story as Raam...

#8 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

I can't wait to be ownin noobs with my Minh Kim + gold lancer

#9 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

I like being rewarded for playing previous games. It encourages people to play the newer ones to see the stuff the get from playing the older one, and it encourages people looking forward to the new one to go back and play the old one. Good stuff.

#10 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

i hope it works with the pc version since thats the one i have

#11 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Good thing I beat Gears of War on insane and have all the COG tags. :D

#12 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -

That's really neat. I'm glad when developers do interesting things with achievements.

#13 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Gears of War achievements scared me, especially the online ones. I got all gold on portal (360 version) and I still find the Gears achievements a bit insane in terms of length to achieve. Not impossible but some of them were a bit excessive.

#14 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -

thats cool I guess but I deleted my save data once I traded in my copy of the game so hopefully it just reads that you have the achievement and doesn't need save data.

#15 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
TheWorstPlayerEver said:
"thats cool I guess but I deleted my save data once I traded in my copy of the game so hopefully it just reads that you have the achievement and doesn't need save data."
I doubt it needs save data, so, you should be fine.
#16 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

its cool but seems weird... i mean everyone who played gears have defeated raam. no?

#17 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"its cool but seems weird... i mean everyone who played gears have defeated raam. no?
"
Unless they haven't finished the campaign. Quite possible.
#18 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Cool.  I wonder what you'll get for having unlocked "Seriously...".  I didn't even get 1000 kills in multiplayer in GoW (couldn't stand the bullet lag!!), so there's no way I will go back and try to get Seriously... but it's probably something cool.

#19 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Cool.  I wonder what you'll get for having unlocked "Seriously...".  I didn't even get 1000 kills in multiplayer in GoW (couldn't stand the bullet lag!!), so there's no way I will go back and try to get Seriously... but it's probably something cool.
"
It is even harder now because the majority of players will quit out if there losing making it so your kills, curb stomps etc. don't count.
#20 Posted by ROWD (129 posts) -

They HAVE to do more things like this with achievements in games. I've passed the 20,000 mark and need something more to keep me interested in them.

#21 Posted by CB (116 posts) -

Can't wait until we learn what the other achievements will do, especially Seriously.

#22 Edited by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk love this idea and hope more games copy this.

SpikeSpiegel said:

"DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Cool.  I wonder what you'll get for having unlocked "Seriously...".  I didn't even get 1000 kills in multiplayer in GoW (couldn't stand the bullet lag!!), so there's no way I will go back and try to get Seriously... but it's probably something cool.
"
It is even harder now because the majority of players will quit out if there losing making it so your kills, curb stomps etc. don't count.
"

Kills still count towards achievements as long as puny host does not quit and you stay until the match ends.
#23 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

This is a pretty cool concept... it's a good way to take advantage of how popular the achievement system is and making it more part of the game.

#24 Posted by Major (506 posts) -

Just imagine what you'd get for the Seriously achievement... I like this idea of retroactive achievements

#25 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -
samcotts said:
"Did I just read 'unlock a playable Raam' ?!

*faints*
"
i think he meant in the mp
#26 Posted by Strife88 (225 posts) -

They tried to do this in RSV2 and I think a lot of people remember what happened with that...no achievement for months.

#27 Posted by Vanquish (25 posts) -

At least the old achievments dont directly transfer over

#28 Edited by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

It's more like "Get achievements in GOW and get special stuff in GOW2". Anyway, it sounds pretty cool, I might have to buy the first Gears Of War again, even though I already beat all the examples he gave. Gears Of War is so expensive at the moment now, it's like $34.99 at EBgames.

#29 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

I planned on getting the collector's edition at first,but I don't want a damn gold plated lancer. The day's of people ever thinking having more gold on yourself is somehow cool,or makes you like "pimp" should of never existed to begin with,but i'm sure are over. I hope there is a way to choose wether or not to have the gold color enabled/disabled.

#30 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

wow man this sound pritty awsome im all for the idea and i hope to see loads more game doing this with there upcomming sequels

#31 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

thats AWESOME!!! cant wait for this game, gold lancer bitch

#32 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

Yeah I found about this on Epic forums and have to say it's awesome.

#33 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

Wow that's pretty cool. Especially since I have most of the achievements in Gears 1.

#34 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Looks great

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.