Gears 2 rank reset.... Way to go Epic.

Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

So I log on today to finally get that 100 cheevo and boom, rank reset to a level 1 from an 85.

I have never cheated, bridged host, glitced or anything like that. I pride myself on being one of the few people that played Gears fairly.

Epic can officially go eff themselves.

#1 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

So I log on today to finally get that 100 cheevo and boom, rank reset to a level 1 from an 85.

I have never cheated, bridged host, glitced or anything like that. I pride myself on being one of the few people that played Gears fairly.

Epic can officially go eff themselves.

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19171 posts) -

My rank was reset as well. It sucks.

#3 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

so this is why they had 20exp weekend >_>

#4 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@natetodamax:  Did you guys clear your cache since the last time you played?  That clears all your updates and since this xp system was a patch, it supposedly resets your rank.  Either way, that sucks OP.  It's taken me forever and xp multipliers to get to 67.  I couldn't imagine losing 85 progress.
#5 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -
@Damien: No I didn't clear it, haven't done in a while. I played a quick match in the morning on this XP event and when I went back later in the day I was just reset completely.

I'm back to a 57 now because of the XP event, it also reset all the achievements. I had 76,000 + kills towards seriously 2.0, I am more annoyed about that than anything else now. I should have my 85 back and then some by the time this XP event is finished.
#6 Edited by Supermarius (1196 posts) -
@JTB123 said:

" @Damien: No I didn't clear it, haven't done in a while. I played a quick match in the morning on this XP event and when I went back later in the day I was just reset completely.  I'm back to a 57 now because of the XP event, it also reset all the achievements. I had 76,000 + kills towards seriously 2.0, I am more annoyed about that than anything else now. I should have my 85 back and then some by the time this XP event is finished. "

Do you think the resetting might have been intentional or some known consequence of recent patching? Maybe Epic cant fix it so they decided to do a 20x experience event to help the affected people catch back up.
#7 Posted by Bollard (5256 posts) -

Cry me a river; Since title update 6 I can't even find a game online any more.

#8 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

Reminds me of when the Halo Wars ranks and stats reset. Condolences

#9 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

On the 6x a few months ago i got up to lvl 80, then it got reset to 1, within a few days i was back up to 50.
Very first day of the 20x i got reset from 50 to 1.
I should be lvl 100 now.. I gave up, and am choosing to help my mate get his last few levels to get to 100, then glitch the achievement off him.

#10 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

None of my stuff got reset...

#11 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

I was just playing today and my epic lvl 14 was still intact.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.