Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears of War 2 achievements?

ajarbuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ajarbuckle

Does anyone know what the gears of war 2 achievements are? I know there is seriously 2.0, but if anyone knows of other achievements please post them.

Avatar image for nathanthomson11
    nathanthomson11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By nathanthomson11

From the interviews, the achievements will be much the same as the original. They talked about how even if you get 20 shotgun kill in a match, only so many will count towards the achievements. This is so maybe achievements whores will stop using one weapon until they get the achievement, they will have more reason to use multiple weapons during a match. Personally I think its pretty smart because that was a major problem in the last game.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I know weapon achievements are probably coming back. Anyway, good thing is, there will be an achievement tracker to let you know your true kill count, weapon kills count...

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By shadowjak

It seems pretty much the same but with a better way to keep track of where you are at it. Though I can see one for winning a certain amount of chainsaw duels as well as an achievement for killing enemies with the flame thrower. They'll probably throw in one or two from Horde too.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

shadowjak said:
    "It seems pretty much the same but with a better way to keep track of where you are at it. Though I can see one for winning a certain amount of chainsaw duels as well as an achievement for killing enemies with the flame thrower. They'll probably throw in one or two from Horde too."
    Yeah, likely to 'survive this long' or 'kill this many enemies'.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
    nathanthomson11 said:
    "From the interviews, the achievements will be much the same as the original. They talked about how even if you get 20 shotgun kill in a match, only so many will count towards the achievements. This is so maybe achievements whores will stop using one weapon until they get the achievement, they will have more reason to use multiple weapons during a match. Personally I think its pretty smart because that was a major problem in the last game."
    Major problem? Hardly.
    ajarbuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ajarbuckle

I agree with you guys, the only addition I see happening is something for horde mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.