Gears Of War 2 Anniversary Event!

Posted by Drumtasticnick (11 posts) -

To commemorate the first year anniversary of the release of the frankly brilliant Gears Of War 2, Epic have got together with Xbox Live to host a 10 day event packed with loads of goodies and special modes...guaranteed to nail you those tough achievements that so far have been eluding the grasp of your clammy and blood-stained hands!

The event runs from Friday November 6th (last Friday) to a week on Monday (November 16th)...that is 10 days of chainsaw-duelling awesomeness and will have the following modifications:

> Triple experience (!!!) for all game types.

> All games will be in the new Tactical mode. Tactical scenarios feature increased weapon damage, decreased ammunition, and longer bleed-outs.

> A separate playlist with every game type listed, allowing you to choose a specific game types.

> Public horde will now be set to the Hardcore difficulty.

So now there's no excuse for teaming up with all your buddies and fragging the hell out of wave after wave of bad guys for those ever-illusive gamer points and push on to rank 100!

I only found out about this today, so will be nailing it for the remainder of the event. I could probably do with the help so please free to add me as friend on Xbox Live (Gamertag is Latrelus), spam with me invites, pop your headset on and we'll have a good ol' chinwag about carving up the opposition. Also, you can check out the Gaming Sessions on TrueAchievements to see who is boosting what and when.

Good luck, and I'll see you out there!

#1 Posted by Drumtasticnick (11 posts) -

To commemorate the first year anniversary of the release of the frankly brilliant Gears Of War 2, Epic have got together with Xbox Live to host a 10 day event packed with loads of goodies and special modes...guaranteed to nail you those tough achievements that so far have been eluding the grasp of your clammy and blood-stained hands!

The event runs from Friday November 6th (last Friday) to a week on Monday (November 16th)...that is 10 days of chainsaw-duelling awesomeness and will have the following modifications:

> Triple experience (!!!) for all game types.

> All games will be in the new Tactical mode. Tactical scenarios feature increased weapon damage, decreased ammunition, and longer bleed-outs.

> A separate playlist with every game type listed, allowing you to choose a specific game types.

> Public horde will now be set to the Hardcore difficulty.

So now there's no excuse for teaming up with all your buddies and fragging the hell out of wave after wave of bad guys for those ever-illusive gamer points and push on to rank 100!

I only found out about this today, so will be nailing it for the remainder of the event. I could probably do with the help so please free to add me as friend on Xbox Live (Gamertag is Latrelus), spam with me invites, pop your headset on and we'll have a good ol' chinwag about carving up the opposition. Also, you can check out the Gaming Sessions on TrueAchievements to see who is boosting what and when.

Good luck, and I'll see you out there!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.