Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Gears of War 2 Seriously Achievement - 100,000 kills!

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Gears of War 2's 'Seriously 2.0' Achievement Information [UPDATE]
    Written Thursday, August 21, 2008 by Jason Debelyak

Update:  We got word that there was a bit of confusion on what kills will count towards the Seriously 2.0 achievement.  Apparently, every single kill that is gotten in ANY game mode will count, whether it be campaign, co-op, or multiplayer (either ranked or player).  So no matter what you're playing, the kills will count, and you'll even have a kill tracker so you can keep track of how many kills you've gotten so far.  Thank God it was a misunderstanding, because 100,000 kills strictly through campaign could get tiresome, so it's good to know you can get kills however you want to now.  Choice is always good. 

Certainly one of the most sought after questions concerning Gears of War 2 for any achievement junky is the incorporation of another Seriously achievement.  Well, revealed by Cliff Bleszinski today at the Canadian X08 event, there will be a second Seriously achievement to hit Gears of War 2.  Dubbed "Seriously 2.0", it will require players to get 100,000 kills as opposed to the 10,000 kills in the first installment.  Yes, you read that correctly, 100,000 kills.  However, all kills from single player and co-op campaigns will count, presumably kills from the new Horde mode as well.  However, apparently, kills gotten in multiplayer will not count.

Definitely one of the most disappointing things I've heard about Gears of War 2, as I was extremely excited for another multiplayer seriously.  Hopefully they'll reconsider it, or atleast include one for campaign and one for multiplayer.  We'll find out in the coming months, as Gears of War 2 nears it's release date of November 7th.

From 360fanboy.

I think this is awesome, although it is a bit dissapointing that it includes campaign, it is 100,000 kills, and even in campaign that is probably a shit load.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

I might be buying GoW again, soon. I sold it after 2 months of playing because all the little wankers got it for Christmas and the MP was tainted. I need to finish up my achievements though, and I consider myself a junkie (e.g. achievement whore).

ajarbuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ajarbuckle

I imagine most people will still get most of there kills from the campaign though...after all it is much easier to kill AI than it is a human player.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

There is a topic already about this... in the Gears of War 2 forum.

Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Justaddwater

Should be too hard seeing as there are loads of those little guys in the background that take like 3 shots to kill.

ajarbuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ajarbuckle

are there any other confirmed achievements?

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By tomance

Achievements like that are really dumb.  I don't want to dedicate my life to a game to get an achievement.

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shadowjak

Sweet that it coutns in Player and Campaign. That will make it much eaiser. I got it in GoW, but still 10,000 ranked was too much.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'm currently working on the Seriously achievement for GoW original. I stopped playing after the first 2 months -- all the kids just angered me. Now that it's cooled down a bit, I'm enjoying it again. Any word on how the GoW achievements are affecting GoW2?

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DrPepper1990

I know what an achievement is but not a seriously thing.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu_Magic
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "There is a topic already about this... in the Gears of War 2 forum."
    Yep but it'll get more exposure here.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ket87

Well, its good for a few reasons one being it will be in any mode and any kill and that it keeps track of it. In Gears 1 it was lame that for one it was ranked only and that kills wouldn't count if you left a match because you didn't want to sit through a 45 minute match because the match settings were a tad bit stupid in the online. And also maybe this time around you cant glitch and get them.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vinchenzo
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "I know what an achievement is but not a seriously thing."
    I'm convinced you don't have a 360 and you just browse these boards to get your post count up.
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a little demanding - even through playing campaign and multiplayer combined.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.