Gears2 Commercial, Sequel to "Mad world"........"Last Day"

#1 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -

"Delta squads 'Last day' before heading out to war"

Nov 7th cant come soon enough

#2 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I saw this on the telemundo, awesomeness. It has more a cartoony feel, this video.

#3 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

Is this the song that's in Little Miss Sunshine (instrumental though)?

#4 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Is it offical? Gears of War has the greatest ad's ever.

#5 Posted by Ice_Cold_Rayman (216 posts) -

Pretty nice ad.

They should use "Another Day" by Dream Theater, for one commercial.

#6 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"Is this the song that's in Little Miss Sunshine (instrumental though)?"
jeah jeah

#7 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -
#8 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I wish the games fit the tone more. The over-the-top gore really kills the emotion you feel for the guys, as does their cries of, "Shit Yeah!"

It was a good ad, possibly a great ad, but it didn't represent Gears of War.
#9 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

The Mad World one was way better.

#10 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

I love Gears of War ads.

#11 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

The ads always make me care about the characters.

#12 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -
TomA said:
"The Mad World one was way better."
Agreed.

SpikeSpiegel said:
"The ads always make me care about the characters."

And all that care is instantly undone once you actually start playing the game. I wanted half of Delta Squad to just die when I was playing Gears, and Marcus is basically just a player avatar with a built in harsh grunting machine.
#13 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -
adam_grif said:
"TomA said:
Agreed.

SpikeSpiegel said:

And all that care is instantly undone once you actually start playing the game. I wanted half of Delta Squad to just die when I was playing Gears, and Marcus is basically just a player avatar with a built in harsh grunting machine."

And your just a pessimist
#14 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
toxicEnchiliada said:
"adam_grif said:
"TomA said:
Agreed.

SpikeSpiegel said:

And all that care is instantly undone once you actually start playing the game. I wanted half of Delta Squad to just die when I was playing Gears, and Marcus is basically just a player avatar with a built in harsh grunting machine."

And your just a pessimist"
Agreed.
#15 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
adam_grif said:
"TomA said:
Agreed.

SpikeSpiegel said:

awww, so you want a spiky haired 8 old half animal princess and her cudly party of friends in a war torn shooter? sorry epic couldnt deliver your "emotional" request
#16 Posted by bjorno (1412 posts) -
BAIRD?
#17 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -
toxicEnchiliada said:
"adam_grif said:
"TomA said:
Agreed.

SpikeSpiegel said:

And your just a pessimist"
*You're

Keano said:
"adam_grif said:
"TomA said:
Agreed.

SpikeSpiegel said:

awww, so you want a spiky haired 8 old half animal princess and her cudly party of friends in a war torn shooter? sorry epic couldnt deliver your "emotional" request"

I hate final fantasy, and other such weaboo shit. Gears is a great game, but that's it. It does not have a compelling story, and it has terrible characters. Maybe Dom will improve a little in Gears 2 with his new sub-plot going on, but if the writing remains as generic action-movie like as it has been in the past, it's not going to matter much.
#18 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Nice.

Gears of War has always had the best adverts.
#19 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

A really great ad. I think I like this one better then Mad World, but that is probably because I've seen Mad World way to many times.

#20 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -
Ice_Cold_Rayman said:
"Pretty nice ad.

They should use "Another Day" by Dream Theater, for one commercial."
Dear lord no. They should never ever use that song. It's so ridiculously cheesy.

I would recommend they use "Sarcaphagi" by The Mars Volta, or maybe "Soldier's Poem" by Muse.
#21 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Keano, that response is retarded. If you ever saw The Green Mile, you would know you could feel emotion for large men.

#22 Posted by friendleefire (7 posts) -

The marketing commercials for the Gears Series have been real attention grabbers, whether you like them or not is a different story.  I think I enjoyed the Mad World one more with the giant monster at the end.  I was so excited at the chance to get to fight something like that in the game... too bad it was'nt as "EPIC" as i had hoped (pun intended).

#23 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

This is pretty good but I liked "Mad World" more.

#24 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Epic seem to have mastered the art of making trailers.

#25 Posted by Player1 (3857 posts) -
bjorno said:
"BAIRD?"
No one likes him...so they didn't show him. 
#26 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
Player1 said:
"bjorno said:
"BAIRD?"
No one likes him...so they didn't show him. "
I like Baird.
#27 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Player1 said:
"bjorno said:
"BAIRD?"
I like Baird."
Yeah Baird is fucking beast.
#28 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

Good trailer but does not match up to Mad World.

#29 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

Gears has the greatest ads ever

#30 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

I don't think it was as enticing as the Gears of War 1 Mad World commercial, but was still great, none the less.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

I thought the Madworld ad was fucking stupid, and I think the same thing for this one.  =  /

#32 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

The beginning of the video is great, but then it just drags on. They should have shown a bit of the monsters, or at least tried to think of a much better ending like the one for Mad World which was plain awesome.

#33 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Whether or not you like these at all or not, doesn't really change the fact that it completely doesn't fit the game at all...they could do a better job with this, focusing more on the game and less on putting some kind of song or poem that people like to the trailer to make them seem better than they really are.

#34 Posted by Dalai (7016 posts) -

It was good, but the Gears: Mad World ad 2 years ago was one of the best video game ads in recent memory.

#35 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Dalai said:
"It was good, but the Gears: Mad World ad 2 years ago was one of the best video game ads in recent memory."
I agree.
#36 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -

Holy shit, that ad is even more embarassing and inappropriate than the Mad World one was. It's a game about five hundred pound quasi-homosexuals curb stomping the shit out of the native species of a planet. They should be eating gigantic bacon cheeseburgers and riding polar bears.

#37 Posted by Dalai (7016 posts) -
TEAMHOLT said:
"Holy shit, that ad is even more embarassing and inappropriate than the Mad World one was. It's a game about five hundred pound quasi-homosexuals curb stomping the shit out of the native species of a planet. They should be eating gigantic bacon cheeseburgers and riding polar bears."
You just gave away the plot for Gears 3.
#38 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

Too bad the gears ads never represent the game well.

#39 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -
Black_Raven said:
"Too bad the gears ads never represent the game well."
Care to elaborate?
#40 Edited by Aaron89 (95 posts) -

Definitely the minority, but I hated the Mad World ad. Find this one to be 100x better, and, makes me even more excited to play the game.

#41 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -

The ad was great at the beginning, but I think it needed to end better.

#42 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"I love Gears of War ads."
Agreed
#43 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Wow, that was a nice one.

#44 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -
Shawn said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Player1 said:
"bjorno said:
"BAIRD?"
I like Baird."
Yeah Baird is fucking beast."
Dies, Spiritual new character replaces him.
#45 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I thought that was really good.

#46 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
Manks said:
"Black_Raven said:
"Too bad the gears ads never represent the game well."
Care to elaborate?"
Where in the entirety of Gears of War did you feel sorry for these guys in a big way? They're too busy chopping Locust in half to the squeal of guitars and cries of, "Shit yeah!" to show emotion.
#47 Posted by mandeponium (275 posts) -

Goosebumps.

#48 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

In a game in which your character counts how many enemies in a row hes killed - this is the kind of stuff they need to make to try and make the game seem intelligent and justify the massive violence and raging homosexualism

#49 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Best. Ad. Evar!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.