Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Glitching?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Do you think this game will have as many glitches as the last did?I know mostly all games have glitches but the Gears 1 glitches could really kill the experience.Do you think anything like that will be in this one.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Balls

Well that's a strange question.

Umm.. yes? I think?
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek

You figure Epic and Cliff would learn that bad glitches=sometimes annoying multiplayer matches.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

I figure it will, just because the first one was so fucking broken..I don't even know how people continued to play and even enjoy it. Thankfully I could give a shit less, because there's so many more interesting games coming out that are actually new this year, than a 1.5 game...new recorded sounds don't excite me no...a few more executions? here is the thing..while that is cool I think, so many people took the first games MP so seriously and never did executions, they just shot from long range or did a quick melee/shotgun blast to finish them...so adding more executions and such just seems useless. Basically this is the game that gears could of been if a patch was added that included grabbing enemies for shields..and adding like 2 weapons, sorry but its the truth...not hating on the game, and I will probably play it at some point and enjoy a co-op campaign somewhat down the line, but I don't see how people don't see this.

Its getting the hype that halo 3 got, even though everyone should of known that even there..its mostly just the same game, and in halo's case..the same game with features that detract from its better predecessors.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aaron89

I read a disheartening post on the official forums one day, which I can't be bothered to find right now. It was of those who had played the game at various conventions, and noticed a lot of the glitches were actually in the current build. They mentioned weapon sliding, and even crab-walking I think. But, here's the thing:

1. EPIC has used the same build for all conventions, so although the bugs may be worked out (and exploits demolished), it may have shown differently. And there's still lots of time for fixin'.
    2. There are bots now. Assuming the bots don't glitch (haha..), you could just gather some friends and play against them. Sure, it's not the same experience, but an alternative nonetheless.
    I'm confident that there WILL be glitches in the sequel, but I trust EPIC to at least address most of the issues.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Player1

Look at halo 2, to halo 3. They took out most of the major problems, though there still are a couple. I think gears 2 will be a huge improvement. 

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    Aaron89 said:
    "I read a disheartening post on the official forums one day, which I can't be bothered to find right now. It was of those who had played the game at various conventions, and noticed a lot of the glitches were actually in the current build. They mentioned weapon sliding, and even crab-walking I think. But, here's the thing:
    1. EPIC has used the same build for all conventions, so although the bugs may be worked out (and exploits demolished), it may have shown differently. And there's still lots of time for fixin'.
    2. There are bots now. Assuming the bots don't glitch (haha..), you could just gather some friends and play against them. Sure, it's not the same experience, but an alternative nonetheless.
    I'm confident that there WILL be glitches in the sequel, but I trust EPIC to at least address most of the issues."
    Wasn't there bots in Gears 1?There was characters coming into matches called Marcus and stuff that just left after a couple of seconds.
    Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blu_Magic
    pause422 said:
    "I figure it will, just because the first one was so fucking broken..I don't even know how people continued to play and even enjoy it. Thankfully I could give a shit less, because there's so many more interesting games coming out that are actually new this year, than a 1.5 game...new recorded sounds don't excite me no...a few more executions? here is the thing..while that is cool I think, so many people took the first games MP so seriously and never did executions, they just shot from long range or did a quick melee/shotgun blast to finish them...so adding more executions and such just seems useless. Basically this is the game that gears could of been if a patch was added that included grabbing enemies for shields..and adding like 2 weapons, sorry but its the truth...not hating on the game, and I will probably play it at some point and enjoy a co-op campaign somewhat down the line, but I don't see how people don't see this.

Its getting the hype that halo 3 got, even though everyone should of known that even there..its mostly just the same game, and in halo's case..the same game with features that detract from its better predecessors."
    Truth? No. A lot of improvements and additions have been made but it seems you've overlooked them.

You've already stated the addition of grabbing downed enemies as shields and new weapons, (there are more than 2) but here are are other improvements/additions:

-The ability to crawl/ ask for help when downed
    -They've expanded the multiplayer to 5 vs 5.
    -The addition of a matchmaking system and parties.
    -Multiplayer bots
    -A screen shot feature
    -New multiplayer modes : Wingman, Gaurdian and MeatFlag
    -Horde Mode (5 players vs wave after wave of increasingly difficult locusts)
    -The campaign mode is said to be longer and better than the original.
    -Graphics have been tweaked
    -A few small but nice additions include the new camera system you'll experience after dieing in an online multiplayer game and they've remade some multiplayer maps from the original game (Gridlock and Subway)

If these improvements and additions don't make Gears of War 2 a full fledged sequel then I don't know what will.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    Blu_Magic said:
    "pause422 said:
    "I figure it will, just because the first one was so fucking broken..I don't even know how people continued to play and even enjoy it. Thankfully I could give a shit less, because there's so many more interesting games coming out that are actually new this year, than a 1.5 game...new recorded sounds don't excite me no...a few more executions? here is the thing..while that is cool I think, so many people took the first games MP so seriously and never did executions, they just shot from long range or did a quick melee/shotgun blast to finish them...so adding more executions and such just seems useless. Basically this is the game that gears could of been if a patch was added that included grabbing enemies for shields..and adding like 2 weapons, sorry but its the truth...not hating on the game, and I will probably play it at some point and enjoy a co-op campaign somewhat down the line, but I don't see how people don't see this.

Its getting the hype that halo 3 got, even though everyone should of known that even there..its mostly just the same game, and in halo's case..the same game with features that detract from its better predecessors."
    Truth? No. A lot of improvements and additions have been made but it seems you've overlooked them.

You've already stated the addition of grabbing downed enemies as shields and new weapons, (there are more than 2) but here are are other improvements/additions:

-The ability to crawl/ ask for help when downed
    -They've expanded the multiplayer to 5 vs 5.
    -The addition of a matchmaking system and parties.
    -Multiplayer bots
    -A screen shot feature
    -New multiplayer modes : Wingman, Gaurdian and MeatFlag
    -Horde Mode (5 players vs wave after wave of increasingly difficult locusts)
    -The campaign mode is said to be longer and better than the original.
    -Graphics have been tweaked
    -A few small but nice additions include the new camera system you'll experience after dieing in an online multiplayer game and they've remade some multiplayer maps from the original game (Gridlock and Subway)

If these improvements and additions don't make Gears of War 2 a full fledged sequel then I don't know what will.

"
    Epic win.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think it's really hard to say, if I had to choose one answer it would be no, there will be less glitches.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

I know all the things you listed as well...I wasn't gonna list off every single ability you can do to a downed enemy or while you are downed..but its really such a small thing, look at what I said - I said the new executions and moves like that 'I' think are really cool, however, as you would notice from Gears 1, the super serious players don't ever spend time doing executions or any such thing, no , god forbid you do something that looks cool and kinda make it more fun..so to me those are cool additions, however the majority will probably once more be super serious and not touch them, therefor its kind of a small addition.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Ma7moud

I doubt it. More people are working on Gears 2 and they have more development time so I think they will have enough time to polish the game. I believe they have started polishing the game since E3.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aaron89
    TheGamerGeek said:
    "Aaron89 said:
    "I read a disheartening post on the official forums one day, which I can't be bothered to find right now. It was of those who had played the game at various conventions, and noticed a lot of the glitches were actually in the current build. They mentioned weapon sliding, and even crab-walking I think. But, here's the thing:
    I'm confident that there WILL be glitches in the sequel, but I trust EPIC to at least address most of the issues."
    Wasn't there bots in Gears 1?There was characters coming into matches called Marcus and stuff that just left after a couple of seconds."
    No, there were no multi-player bots in the original. Those characters that would enter as "Marcus" was just the game not properly registering the user - sort of a "placeholder."
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Aaron89 said:
    "TheGamerGeek said:
    "Aaron89 said:
    Wasn't there bots in Gears 1?There was characters coming into matches called Marcus and stuff that just left after a couple of seconds."
    No, there were no multi-player bots in the original. Those characters that would enter as "Marcus" was just the game not properly registering the user - sort of a "placeholder.""
    What are you two talking about?
    Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blu_Magic
    pause422 said:
    " I know all the things you listed as well...I wasn't gonna list off every single ability you can do to a downed enemy or while you are downed..but its really such a small thing, look at what I said - I said the new executions and moves like that 'I' think are really cool, however, as you would notice from Gears 1, the super serious players don't ever spend time doing executions or any such thing, no , god forbid you do something that looks cool and kinda make it more fun..so to me those are cool additions, however the majority will probably once more be super serious and not touch them, therefor its kind of a small addition."
    If you know all the things I've listed then why do you think Gears 2 is only going to be a "1.5 game"?
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

You just said it right there dude, why do I 'think' that. I'm not saying my opinion is anything but an opinion to begin with, you disagree with me and thats fine..you shouldn't even care that its my opinion if yours is different. I've also already said it, besides picking up guys as shields, and horde mode(which I do think sounds really cool, trust me) the majority of people just won't pay any attention to the other additions, being the new executions and such because as I said, they just take the game too seriously and will shoot someone while they're downed to kill them.

All in all I will probably play horde mode more than anything, I can already tell much like R6V with terrorist hunt, I'll enjoy that part of the game a lot, just not the mp as much, I'm figuring the whole nade sticking to walls/running and shotgunning guys before they get up will replace the whole roll around and spam the shotgun in a not so amazing swap....in all honesty though with sooo many games hitting this year, and my new PC getting here in another day or so(so fucking excited) I probably won't even play Gears 2 anytime near its release date..I'm just more interest in other games honestly, if this had a million improvements, it would still play the same at its core, which I'm just gonna need to get into again when I'm ready to. Way more interested in the games that are either original ip's this year, or really a huge changing sequel(i.e Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Farcry 2, Fallout 3) Not hating on the game or you for loving it as much as you apparently do, just a different opinion, which should of seemed obvious.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blu_Magic
    pause422 said:
    "You just said it right there dude, why do I 'think' that. I'm not saying my opinion is anything but an opinion to begin with, you disagree with me and thats fine..you shouldn't even care that its my opinion if yours is different. I've also already said it, besides picking up guys as shields, and horde mode(which I do think sounds really cool, trust me) the majority of people just won't pay any attention to the other additions, being the new executions and such because as I said, they just take the game too seriously and will shoot someone while they're downed to kill them.

All in all I will probably play horde mode more than anything, I can already tell much like R6V with terrorist hunt, I'll enjoy that part of the game a lot, just not the mp as much, I'm figuring the whole nade sticking to walls/running and shotgunning guys before they get up will replace the whole roll around and spam the shotgun in a not so amazing swap....in all honesty though with sooo many games hitting this year, and my new PC getting here in another day or so(so fucking excited) I probably won't even play Gears 2 anytime near its release date..I'm just more interest in other games honestly, if this had a million improvements, it would still play the same at its core, which I'm just gonna need to get into again when I'm ready to. Way more interested in the games that are either original ip's this year, or really a huge changing sequel(i.e Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Farcry 2, Fallout 3) Not hating on the game or you for loving it as much as you apparently do, just a different opinion, which should of seemed obvious."
    I just think your previous statement is ridiculous and I'd like to know what's your reasoning behind such a statement. I'm not allowed to ask you to elaborate on your opinion?

Bolded: You haven't "already said it". You just dismissed Gears 2 as a "1.5" game and only listed two minor features that are being added. You didn't mention horde mode in either of your previous posts anyway. Oh and people won't pay attention to the other additions? What? So you're saying no one is going to pay attention to the new multiplayer modes, the new party system, the remade maps, the campaign mode and the screen shot feature? Yeah, you're totally in touch with the tastes of millions of other gamers so I guess you've got a point. (sarcasm)

You also repeatedly say you're not hating but calling Gears of War 2 a mere 1.5 game seems like hating to me.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK
    pause422 said:

lawl stop bashing you just make yourself look like an arse
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Glitches will probably be less rampant due to the game being built from GoW1, but will still exist. Somebody has to be the fucktard that tries to get off the map again, and eventually succeeds.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

Crunch, you're a moron, no one needs fanboys here, honestly. you're dismissed.

Secondly I'm not gonna gonna continue going back and fourth with you Blu, as I said its just a difference of opinion. Of course the game has new multiplayer modes and such...any sequel does, I didn't find it worthy of mentioning it as if its some mindblowing feature. And by the "people won't even pay attention to that stuff" statement, I thought I made it obvious I was referring to the execution moves and all that stuff, because of how people just shoot dudes while they're on the ground and never actually want to do a cool finishing move on them...which I would much rather do and think its a cool addition, it just seems obvious the majority of gears players won't be bothered to, much like the first one(at least afte rthe first week or so) ever do an execution or anything.

Lastly, calling it a 1.5 game in 'my' opinion as I stated like 5 times, wasn't an insult at all. I liked the first gears, I didn't think it was amazing or anything like some did, but I definitely did like it, I just mean by the same - its a sequel of course its gonna feel like the last game kind of formula, you're still gonna be doing the same stuff at the core, which as I noticed you agreed to my whole rant about retards complaining about gears and other games being repetitive and told them to fuck off, you see my stance on that.  I meant I'm just not ready to get back into at its launch, especially with all the other games I'm interested in a bit more, because since I don't feel like playing Gears 1 anytime soon and haven't ina while, Gears 2 coming out isn't gonna change that feeling(as in its core is the same). I have to get into it first, after I've played other stuff then have some time to get un-burned out from Gears how I initially got(and I get with many games, GTAIV was a real fast one for me, like 2 weeks and I was done, yet I liked the game a lot.) Now I put this in the most straightforward answer I could for just my reasons and preferences, and why saying it was 1.5 wasn't insulting it , but it just wasn't going to change my mind and make me immediately want to play it right off the bat just because I got burned out of it.

Not one thing here was a bash against the game at all, which you will see if you don't let yourself get caught up in the "I like this game, this person doesn't like it as much as me, I have to make sure they realize I'm right and they're wrong" kind of attitude, you will see that I'm definitely not insulting it and just sharing my general opinion, because yes it has some new additions, but if I don't feel like playing gears 1 atm, I'm not gonna feel like playing gears 2 until I'm ready to play more gears

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crunchUK

i'm a fanboy and i'm dismissed? oh noes

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blu_Magic
    pause422 said:
    "Crunch, you're a moron, no one needs fanboys here, honestly. you're dismissed.

Secondly I'm not gonna gonna continue going back and fourth with you Blu, as I said its just a difference of opinion. Of course the game has new multiplayer modes and such...any sequel does, I didn't find it worthy of mentioning it as if its some mindblowing feature. And by the "people won't even pay attention to that stuff" statement, I thought I made it obvious I was referring to the execution moves and all that stuff, because of how people just shoot dudes while they're on the ground and never actually want to do a cool finishing move on them...which I would much rather do and think its a cool addition, it just seems obvious the majority of gears players won't be bothered to, much like the first one(at least afte rthe first week or so) ever do an execution or anything.

Lastly, calling it a 1.5 game in 'my' opinion as I stated like 5 times, wasn't an insult at all. I liked the first gears, I didn't think it was amazing or anything like some did, but I definitely did like it, I just mean by the same - its a sequel of course its gonna feel like the last game kind of formula, you're still gonna be doing the same stuff at the core, which as I noticed you agreed to my whole rant about retards complaining about gears and other games being repetitive and told them to fuck off, you see my stance on that.  I meant I'm just not ready to get back into at its launch, especially with all the other games I'm interested in a bit more, because since I don't feel like playing Gears 1 anytime soon and haven't ina while, Gears 2 coming out isn't gonna change that feeling(as in its core is the same). I have to get into it first, after I've played other stuff then have some time to get un-burned out from Gears how I initially got(and I get with many games, GTAIV was a real fast one for me, like 2 weeks and I was done, yet I liked the game a lot.) Now I put this in the most straightforward answer I could for just my reasons and preferences, and why saying it was 1.5 wasn't insulting it , but it just wasn't going to change my mind and make me immediately want to play it right off the bat just because I got burned out of it.

Not one thing here was a bash against the game at all, which you will see if you don't let yourself get caught up in the "I like this game, this person doesn't like it as much as me, I have to make sure they realize I'm right and they're wrong" kind of attitude, you will see that I'm definitely not insulting it and just sharing my general opinion, because yes it has some new additions, but if I don't feel like playing gears 1 atm, I'm not gonna feel like playing gears 2 until I'm ready to play more gears"
    I'm cool with people having a different opinion on Gears 2 and it seems I've misunderstood you when you called it a 1.5 game.  It seems you were referring to its core gameplay being similar to the original which you've grown tired of. That's totally understandable. My mistake for starting an argument with you.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422

Its completely cool, and I'm sure to have some fun with it when I'm in the 'gears' mood again, it just probably won't be right at launch since I'll probably wanna play Fallout and Farcry to completion and I'm gonna take my time and explore the hell out of those games, that will take me a really long time..but ya, I'm glad we got that sorted out, my intention wasn't to piss you off and go at a constant back and fourth argument for an hour lol all is good.

AKillerCombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AKillerCombo

Well, I remember watching a video on youtube, someone at PAX08 playing Gears 2 and them saying that the chainsaw glitch is still in the game, they could change it but i dont think they will at this stage in its development.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422

Plenty of devs make a lot of changes at the very end of development for games, sometimes the most final things you would assume that were added months and months ago are only adding at the very end, if there are a few bugs easily recognizable that were also in the first game, I would imagine, or at least hope, that they will be taken care of. I'm sure there may be a few in it , but patches should be able to take care of it. A lot also have playable demos be old builds that have been updated greatly since then.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wefwefasdf

They better fix the darn chain saw glitch. I will send Cliff a very personal e-mail if they don't.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aaron89
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "What are you two talking about?"
    When someone enters a match, and the game doesn't register it properly, their name will end up being "Marcus" for some odd reason. It can change to the proper name shortly after, or boot the player. It's just something that was coded into the game - but nothing major. Honestly, I've only seen it about 7-10 times in 2 years ...
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGamerGeek
    Aaron89 said:
    "SpikeSpiegel said:
    When someone enters a match, and the game doesn't register it properly, their name will end up being "Marcus" for some odd reason. It can change to the proper name shortly after, or boot the player. It's just something that was coded into the game - but nothing major. Honestly, I've only seen it about 7-10 times in 2 years ...
    "
    Wow, I saw it like twice a week.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wefwefasdf
    TheGamerGeek said:
    "Aaron89 said:
    "SpikeSpiegel said:
    "
    Wow, I saw it like twice a week."
    I have never seen it. 0_0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.