Gold lancer

#1 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

post your thoughts on Gears 2 Gold Lancer for people who puchase the Limited Edition

caption
#2 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk would consider buying it if Hulk knew there is definite option to enable/disable gold lancer for when Hulk not feel like using gold weapon.

Hulk bought Collector's Edition for Gears 1 only because standard version was sold out when Hulk went to buy it.

#3 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I think it's a good added bonus, and definitely makes me want to buy it. I'm a sucker for Limited Edition versions of games. I even thought about buying a preowned limited edition version of the first Gears the other day, just so I could use it's case.

#4 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I would have preferred a gold shotgun.

#5 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk prefer golden pistol.  Hulk love Gears 1 pistol and Hulk probably be big fan of new burst pistol.

#6 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -

it looks good, i like it

#7 Posted by JNYR (112 posts) -

JNYR thinks hulk is not funny.

#8 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk think JNYR get SMASHED soon.

#9 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
JNYR said:
"JNYR thinks hulk is not funny.
"
You wouldn't like it when he's angry dude....
#10 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

Would have made a lot more sense if they wouldhave made it a gold shotgun since that is what everyone uses anyway in multiplayer

#11 Edited by Hulk (428 posts) -
SlayingShogun said:
"Would have made a lot more sense if they wouldhave made it a gold shotgun since that is what everyone uses anyway in multiplayer
"
In Gears 1 yes.  But Gears 2 will not be big rolling shotgun fest anymore.  At least that the direction Yung Clifford going for.

Lancer is big signature weapon for Gears series.  Make more sense that it the weapon that gets gold treatment.
#12 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Yeah lets hope it plays out as Cliff thinks it will,and that will end. Because if it continues,gears 2 multiplayer isn't going to be any better than the first.

But as far as the lancer goes,people need to stop thinking adding "gold" to your character or gun is somehow cool,because its not. I would definately get the edition because of other content in it,if you could turn off the gold gun,but they don't say wether you can or not.

Although there are rumors of a higher edition with a lancer replica that comes with the game as well.

#13 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

well hopefully the next one isnt a shotgun fest because i actually would like to use the lancer

#14 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk always think gold weapons very cheesy and lame.  But Hulk also like lots of variety and if Hulk can get some kind of variety in a weapon skin, Hulk probably play around with it some just to keep things a little fresh 500 multiplayer hours in.

#15 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

Yeah,if there was different skins for weapons(like camo' in cod4) that would be cool,but since gear's color palette and type of game is kind of all 'greyish" and nothing else,I doubt they'll have different color weapon skins.

and yeah slaying,if it turns in to the same easy ass nadetagging, shotty rolling fest(even with the shit implemented that cliff stated,since I have yet to see it in action if it truly works or not) I'll have no desire to play gears 2 online at all,just like the second. Which would be very dissapointing.

#16 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

i want it, the question is, hows the price.

#17 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
samcotts said:
"I think it's a good added bonus, and definitely makes me want to buy it. I'm a sucker for Limited Edition versions of games. I even thought about buying a preowned limited edition version of the first Gears the other day, just so I could use it's case.
"
Haha I was considering the same.
#18 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

same and not get a load of abuse for doing so

#19 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I have the Limited Edition on reserve. :D

#20 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -
pause422 said:
Although there are rumors of a higher edition with a lancer replica that comes with the game as well.
"
Oh no I'm not falling for that again, I already have a worthless Master chief helmet....I'm such a sucker for props.

Honestly I would rather it come with real COG tags or something instead of a golden gun I will most likely throw away for power weapons. What does having a golden lancer prove? That I have 10 more dollars than other people in the game?
#21 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
KairuDeLarge said:
"pause422 said:
"
Oh no I'm not falling for that again, I already have a worthless Master chief helmet....I'm such a sucker for props.

Honestly I would rather it come with real COG tags or something instead of a golden gun I will most likely throw away for power weapons. What does having a golden lancer prove? That I have 10 more dollars than other people in the game?
"
That your 1337.  Just kidding. I still think having a gold lancer is kind of cool though.
#22 Posted by Player1 (3857 posts) -

It is probably the main reason most people are getting the limited edition. 

#23 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Looks sick! Im gonna get the normal edition though

#24 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

Does not really matter for me, I'm a sucker for limited editions for some reason. But as long as it is just a cosmetic change than an actually game altering change to the Lancer, I think everyone should not worry.

#25 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I'm going to get it because the price is phenomenal & the gold lancer is pimp classy :]
-It's like a FPS grill yo!

#26 Posted by zmf (50 posts) -

I usually buy the Limited Editions of games simply because I like having the best there is but I hate it when it's just art or "Making of DVD" or some poster shit. An actual in-game feature is cool but a real life golden lancer would be better.

#27 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Stupid, and a waste of money. That is for the people that are buying it JUST for that.

#28 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Gold lancer? That sounds terrible

What's with people and gold weapons, it just looks tacky and lame...but that's just my humble opinion of course

#29 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Termite said:
"Gold lancer? That sounds terrible

What's with people and gold weapons, it just looks tacky and lame...but that's just my humble opinion of course
"
Well, I am a lamer. ;-)
#30 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

For $130 for me, the gun would have to work =\

#31 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

getting it

#32 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -

I think it's definitely worth it.  I'm not one to buy limited edition games, usually because you don't really get much and it's a very high price.  However, for $70 dollars only $10 dollars above retail is more than a fair price to pay for a LE.  I'll definitely be picking up this one.

#33 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I'm getting it. Why? Because I can.

#34 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -
Shawn said:
"I'm getting it. Why? Because I can.
"
LMAO That's the perfect reason.
#35 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
Homer said:
"For $130 for me, the gun would have to work =\"
The Limited Edition is $70, your thinking about the actual Lancer replica for $130 without the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.