Gold LANCER Screenshot

• 98 results
#1 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
im glad they didnt over do it by making the Whole thing gold. its subtle so it looks cool

November cant come soon enough

#2 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

You seriously just post this twice?

#3 Posted by Lombax (105 posts) -

neat, I am still 50/50 on if I am going to pick up GoW 2 but that gun is cool. 

#4 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Yep, definitely getting the Limited Edition.  Thanks for posting!

#5 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

That actually looks pretty cool.

#6 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Is this really it, because it just looks like the old screen shot of the lancer but somebody has altered it. Not saying its not real but just wondering if you could give us the link where you found it.

#7 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

Nothing like getting blood stains all over your 24k gold. Glad I pre-ordered the Limited Edition.

#8 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -

I'm happy they put some time into the design, I was half expecting a bright yellow gun that didn't fit into the game.

#9 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I cant believe people are actually shelling out JUST for that. I mean, I could see if you wanted the other stuff, but paying for the LE just for that is ridiculous.

#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I cant believe people are actually shelling out JUST for that. I mean, I could see if you wanted the other stuff, but paying for the LE just for that is ridiculous."
It isn't just that is included but I would much rather prefer in game content than crappy stuff that i will eventually lose or break.
#11 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

Wow thought it was going to be lame photoshop but that looks like the real thing. I think if you had 5,000 or more kills in the first game you should get red and black lancer or for seriously(which I dont have)

#12 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Thank god it's not completely gold, that looks sick.

#13 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

100% Badass

#14 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
CitizenKane said:
"100% Badass"
100% Badass
10% Pimp
#15 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Chainsawing people with a golden lancer will be awesome.

#16 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"Chainsawing people with a golden lancer will be awesome."

yeah its going to awesome
#17 Posted by Triumph (10 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I cant believe people are actually shelling out JUST for that. I mean, I could see if you wanted the other stuff, but paying for the LE just for that is ridiculous."

Yeah, a gold lancer is the only thing included in the limited editon. Some people might want it for the boxart (there are people that build a collection instead of beating a game and selling it 10 hours later) and prefer the LE boxart to the standard edition (which sucks btw)

Or it couldn't be any of the following right?:

• Collectible SteelBook™ DVD case
  • "Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2," a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
  • Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, "Rendezvous."
  • #18 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
    Triumph said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

Yeah, a gold lancer is the only thing included in the limited editon. Some people might want it for the boxart (there are people that build a collection instead of beating a game and selling it 10 hours later) and prefer the LE boxart to the standard edition (which sucks btw)

• "Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2," a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
  • Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, "Rendezvous."
  • "

I agree there is more to the package gold lancer is cool added bonus
    #19 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Triumph said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

• "

I agree there is more to the package gold lancer is cool added bonus"
    Personally I think the making-of-the-game video's are a sham. But other wise LE has a lot of good stuff to offer.
    #20 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
    Shawn said:
    "HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Triumph said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

• Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, "Rendezvous." "

• I agree there is more to the package gold lancer is cool added bonus"
    Personally I think the making-of-the-game video's are a sham. But other wise LE has a lot of good stuff to offer."

Yes making the game is boring. I wish they would say first movie teaser on disc
    #21 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Personally I don't like the look of the gold on it. If you get that edition for the other stuff can you still not use the gold lancer in game?

#22 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Im not sure if thats enough to get me to invest that extra ten dollars.

#23 Posted by gameshark5 (248 posts) -

nice, it looks really good and not like the garbage Army of Two weapons

#24 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
    gameshark5 said:
    "nice, it looks really good and not like the garbage Army of Two weapons"

I agree but I hope the limited edition is reall limited or than this will become lame and everyone will have it and norm lancer will be cool
    #25 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -
    Triumph said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

• "
    Are you serious? Right in the middle of my post it says "I COULD SEE IF YOU WANTED THE OTHER STUFF". Read before you post. Good day sir. I said good DAY.
    #26 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

I don't really care for anything else in the LE except for the lancer, and that isn't worth the extra $20 or so, so no thanks.

#27 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Also, I'm wondering if you'll be able to pick it up after someone who has it dies oO

#28 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Looks cool, as long as it doesn't give away my position or whatever...

#29 Posted by gameshark5 (248 posts) -
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "gameshark5 said:
    "nice, it looks really good and not like the garbage Army of Two weapons"

I agree but I hope the limited edition is reall limited or than this will become lame and everyone will have it and norm lancer will be cool"

from what I hear thats the case, but yeah if it becomes available to everyone (say from an achievement or something) its gonna be hella lame.
    #30 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

im so glad i preordered the limited edition

#31 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Triumph said:
    "TheGTAvaccine said:

• "
    Are you serious? Right in the middle of my post it says "I COULD SEE IF YOU WANTED THE OTHER STUFF". Read before you post. Good day sir. I said good DAY."
    I think he needs this :
    caption

#32 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -

Bigger, better, and more badass.

#33 Posted by Player1 (3852 posts) -

look sweet. The only thing I was worried about was it shining and giving away your position, like a few of the golden guns in cod4, but that looks really cool. 

#34 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Eventually people who have it may be mocked by those who don't. That is my guess.

#35 Posted by Pezjulo (224 posts) -

I have a new picture!!

The Gold Lancer:

caption
    #36 Posted by Guild_Master (250 posts) -
    Pezjulo said:
    "I have a new picture!!

The Gold Lancer:
    caption
    "
    /thread
    #37 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "Eventually people who have it may be mocked by those who don't. That is my guess."
    Well duh.
    #38 Posted by Warchief (651 posts) -

GETTN' PAID! if i were to get the LE I would opt for the one that comes with a real lancer. 

caption
    #39 Posted by Aaron89 (95 posts) -

I thought it'd be cheesy, so I was going to get the regular edition. This, however (if true), looks awesome! It'll be pretty common online, but I don't care...

#40 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
    Warchief said:
    "GETTN' PAID! if i were to get the LE I would opt for the one that comes with a real lancer. 
    caption
    "

Yeah thinking about getting that shit for 150 just need a little more mulah
    #41 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Warchief said:
    "GETTN' PAID! if i were to get the LE I would opt for the one that comes with a real lancer. 
    caption
    "

Yeah thinking about getting that shit for 150 just need a little more mulah"
    I'll just wait till Christmas. :-)
    #42 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
    "Warchief said:
    caption
    "

Yeah thinking about getting that shit for 150 just need a little more mulah"
    I'll just wait till Christmas. :-)"

Maybe I will ask for the lancer for christmas seperate but my mom will wonder why I am asking for it if all it does is rumble when you press the trigger no darts no nothing but whatever
    #43 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

You know what would be great? If EPIC made Boomer heads on little plaques, kind of like how people keep bear heads, deer heads and swordfish. Likewise I just want to hang a Boomer head right above my TV.

#44 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
    Shawn said:
    "You know what would be great? If EPIC made Boomer heads on little plaques, kind of like how people keep bear heads, deer heads and swordfish. Likewise I just want to hang a Boomer head right above my TV."

be cool but would like it if lancer shot darts or paints or something . But it would be cool for profile pic strobe light plus lancer in dark= awesome
    #45 Posted by CB (116 posts) -

That doesn't look half bad.

#46 Posted by RUBiX (5 posts) -

why do games do the gold weapons thing. still getting it though so i can laugh at all the peasents

#47 Posted by cakeordeath (70 posts) -
    #48 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
    cakeordeath said:
    "

DONT BUY THIS GAME!!!! It promotes Racism

"
    GTFO.
    #49 Posted by IxRyanRitterxI (127 posts) -

you can tell on the end of the barrel there is sloppy photoshopness because it is not a straightline like the barrel of the gun should be

#50 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

I thought it was going to be solid gold and look really cheesy.  I'm surprised it looks as cool as it does, I was thinking about buying the SE anyway since I have the SE of the original game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.