Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Hey: Are a lot more 12 year old dudes playing Gears of War 2?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

So, I was looking into maybe getting Gears of War 2 sometime because it does look to be awesome and the filter is supposed to take away all the incredibly ridiculous and corny cussing. Anyways, I go to Whattheyplay.com to see what would happen if I turn and the filter and if my parents would let me buy it. Anyways, I read about the filter, check some more reviews and decide I shouldn't get the game. Not that I think it's a bad game just that it's not something I'd like.

Anyways, I scroll down the page on What They Play and find some INCREDIBLY stupid comments from adolescent dudes who can't even type the name of the game they're trying to convince people to buy. They also probably think that WhatTheyPlay is the ESRB....and that the site is made to tell people not to buy M rated games......
    Here's a link: http://www.whattheyplay.com/products/gears-of-war-2-for-xbox-360/

Then I realized that because of the filter there must be a lot more adolescent brats who won't shut up playing Gears of War 2 than the original. So, I'm just wondering: is it as bad as Halo 3?
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

Not AS bad.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Kazona
    Rowr said:
    "Not AS bad."

Worse or almost as bad? :P
    Avatar image for daeth_on_demand
    Daeth_On_Demand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Daeth_On_Demand

I went to that link.  My favorite comment was, "this is a asome game"...

Anyways, I haven't noticed much of an increase in young gamers in Gears 2.  Maybe I'm just lucky enough to avoid them, or maybe they realize they need to shut up, but I haven't heard very many young voices over my mic as of late.  Honestly, I think it's because 12-year-olds are mostly ADD and, since Gears games have longer re-spawn times then say Halo 3 or CoD4/5, they aren't patient enough to play.  I doubt most parents would care, considering one can just turn off the violence and the language...

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Chummy8

Lol, man it was great to be 12.  My biggest fight was getting my parents to buy me games at all, no one cared about game ratings.  Hell, the ESRB didn't even exist yet.   But more to the point  yeah, it's as bad.

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Moeez

It's worse than the 1st game, and worse than Halo 3. On my end. 

BUT...
    Multiplayer doesn't work or hasn't been working for a while, so don't worry! lol Even patch didn't fix anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.