How is the stopping power?

#1 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

Does the stopping power take away the stupid shot gun crap that was going on in the first?
Is the lancer actually useful for more than just the chainsaw bayonet?
Will I ever kiss a girl?

#2 Edited by Royale (157 posts) -

yes.

yes.

still no.
#3 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -
Royale said:
"yes.
yes.

still no.
"
Thanks, I think!!!
#4 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -
mugugipan said:
"Does the stopping power take away the stupid shot gun crap that was going on in the first?
Will I ever kiss a girl?"
I think the shotgun defuses the "stupid shot gun crap"--it's a pretty worthless weapon this time 'round, from what I've experienced.  It feels flakier than the shotgun in the first game, and I'm pretty sure the team designed it to make it harder to score a highly-powerful shot, even at pretty close range. 

As for the Stopping Power feature, it is certainly noticeable.  I don't particularly care for the fact that it actually slows you down if you're being hit from behind, but I guess that is pretty logical.  On the whole, Stopping Power is much more dramatic when you're being shot from the front.
#5 Posted by MB (12207 posts) -

The shotgun is worthless now, at least compared to how it was in the previous game.  Not only is it less powerful and far less likely to insta-gib your enemy, but it's rate of fire has also been reduced.

#6 Posted by Evans (30 posts) -

It was a nice addition, it also stops the gayness of the roadie run glitch if someone figures out how to do it in GoW2.

#7 Posted by MB (12207 posts) -
Evans said:
"It was a nice addition, it also stops the gayness of the roadie run glitch if someone figures out how to do it in GoW2."

One thing has nothing to do with the other - Epic should have just fixed the running glitch and left the shotgun alone.  I can see reducing it's rate of fire, but also gimping it's power just makes it practically worthless.
#8 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

It's power wasn't gimped, they just made it more difficult to aim and shoot with, and tones down it's rate of fire.

#9 Posted by pause422 (6178 posts) -

See I actually thought the opposite, I found it is definitely gonna be used less because of the stopping power preventing nubs from just sprinting+ rolling around blind firing and killing you in one hit, but whenever I enclosed on someone, unlike Gears 1 I almost always killed them with a single shot, I thought the damage was actually increased. The range I think seems increased at least, if you watch the tracers when you fire it.

#10 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
mugugipan said:
"Does the stopping power take away the stupid shot gun crap that was going on in the first?
Will I ever kiss a girl?"
Yes
Yes
Yes only if you kiss your own girl  lol   XD
#11 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

still no for the last one sry dude :(

#12 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

IF you can't aim well with the shotgun just bash them once with it and shoot for their knees.

#13 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -
MB said:
"Evans said:
"It was a nice addition, it also stops the gayness of the roadie run glitch if someone figures out how to do it in GoW2."

One thing has nothing to do with the other - Epic should have just fixed the running glitch and left the shotgun alone.  I can see reducing it's rate of fire, but also gimping it's power just makes it practically worthless."
Are you talking about crab walking
I.E. where they'r running and still able to shoot.

Even if someone could pull that off in part 2 (which iam not sure if they can or cant......yet) the speed at which you roadie run has been slowed down a bit so your not goign to be as invincable as you once were.

and for the OP:
Yes
Yes
Only in your dreams....or if you pay her.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.