I think I just got screwed over.

#1 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Ok so here's the story (I'll try to keep it short).

I come home on Friday night, pop in GeoW 2, and play for hours. Then I decide it's time for some MP, so I enter my GL code along with the 48 Trial code. Everything worked fine. Then I enter the Flashback Map code, it works, but I see that it's a 110 or so mb download, so I decided to cancel the download and do it at a later time.

Funny thing is, when I tried to enter it again today, it said the code was invalid, even though I entered the correct #'s and letters. I call up Microsoft support, and I tell the guy what the problem is. He takes my name and address (which took forever because he repeated every letter that I said). After 10 mins he asks me my xbox serial #. He then asks me if I'm calling to check up on my refurbished console status, as I sent my old one in in November 07'.

At that point I just stare at the phone blankly, still trying to register the idiocy of this idiot. I tell him again about the code error, and he said to wait 2 minutes while he does some bullshit or something. 30 fucking minutes later he tells me "uhh there's nothing we can do, call the store and ask them. Would you like to participate in a quick survey? It'll only take a minute."

I hang up, call Best Buy, after 20 minutes of bickering with the Geek squad guy he just tells my to contact Epic, but the problem is I can't seem to find their customer support number anywhere.

Shoot me now, please.

#2 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Pew pew

Consider yourself shot

That situation sucks dude
#3 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

It's not in your Download History?

#4 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
Hexogen said:
"It's not in your Download History?"
It was, but there was a yellow triangle with an ! in it, and the only thing I could do was delete it, not re-download it.

I just want to play some Gridlock in GeoW 2 :(

If anyone knows Epics customer service number please post it.
#5 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

You let Microsoft hang up on you?

Who the fuck lets a tech service hang up on you, cmon Jolly! When they give you that line of shit, you always ask for their superior officer or something. Works every time.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

This is pretty much the same as when I tried to get my gold lancer. It said it was unable to download, I repeat and it says invalid. The entire code system is pretty much billshit.

#7 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"This is pretty much the same as when I tried to get my gold lancer. It said it was unable to download, I repeat and it says invalid. The entire code system is pretty much billshit."
what did you do? did you ever get the code to work?
#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

All you have to do is go to your account management tab in the marketplace blade and find it in the download history.

#9 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

That sucks Jolly.

I can't find a support number either, I think your best bet is to post this over at the Gears of War forums and hope for a response from staff.

#10 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

My Xbox is broken, stop your whining.

#11 Edited by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Just an update, I went down to the store where I bought the game (Best Buy) and they gave me a brand new copy! The thing that pissed me off was that I had called them earlier and they said that they cannot give me another code because they were "out of copies" then I go down there and there are like 50 on the table.

But whatever, at least now I have an extra Golden Lancer and 48 hour Trial codes ;)

#12 Posted by Milkman (16689 posts) -
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Just an update, I went down to the store where I bought the game (Best Buy) and they gave me a brand new copy! The thing that pissed me off was that I had called them earlier and they said that they cannot give me another code because they were "out of copies" then I go down there and there are like 50 on the table.

But whatever, at least now I have an extra Golden Lancer and 48 hour Trial codes ;)"
Hey, want to give away that Golden Lancer code?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.