I Unlocked Seriously 2.0

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I'd rather try and get it properly first, but well done on getting that many kills in general."
Properly? I used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this lifetime. Unless you can correct me on my definition of "proper.""
you used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this life time? sorry no playing the game near 24/7 reloading the same level likely on casual is not the only way to get it horde is an easy way to get it, and so is single player. Surfice to say you used the cheap easy route to get it and you know it so dont sugar coat it, i dont care if you did cause i do it too but dont act like you did it the honorable way.
#52 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You're nuts, dude. Why would you invest over 24 hours playing the same short sequence over and over just for an achievement?

#53 Posted by Silverbucket (72 posts) -

Depends what your motivation was for getting the achievement in the first place, for finishing the game 100% or for bragging rights. I think it's the latter, but in the end the it doesn't matter, the achievement system encourages this sort of behavior. It would have been a better achievement if you had gotten it without trying to get it, but no one follows those rules anyway, so whatever.

#54 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"You're nuts, dude. Why would you invest over 24 hours playing the same short sequence over and over just for an achievement?"
Because he is a whore?
#55 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I'd rather try and get it properly first, but well done on getting that many kills in general."
Properly? I used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this lifetime. Unless you can correct me on my definition of "proper.""
you used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this life time? sorry no playing the game near 24/7 reloading the same level likely on casual is not the only way to get it horde is an easy way to get it, and so is single player. Surfice to say you used the cheap easy route to get it and you know it so dont sugar coat it, i dont care if you did cause i do it too but dont act like you did it the honorable way."
Horde isn't that easy to get it, and neither is single player. You must be dimwitted to think those are liable options. I only got about a thousand kills from an entire 50 wave horde game, maybe not even that. I'd like to see you get 5,000 in a game though. And I'm not sugar-coating anything, the fact you think working on an achievement is "honorable" is pretty funny.

Kush said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"You're nuts, dude. Why would you invest over 24 hours playing the same short sequence over and over just for an achievement?"
Because he is a whore?"
Thanks.

Silverbucket said:
"Depends what your motivation was for getting the achievement in the first place, for finishing the game 100% or for bragging rights. I think it's the latter, but in the end the it doesn't matter, the achievement system encourages this sort of behavior. It would have been a better achievement if you had gotten it without trying to get it, but no one follows those rules anyway, so whatever."
Well it is primarily to finish the game to get 100%, but bragging rights come along with it. I am a completionist.
#56 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"My goodness, so many pissed off folks over a silly achievement.  There are far bigger things to get pissed about...like how people are considering anything OTHER THAN Left 4 Dead the best game of the year...based off the demo alone!!!
Nonetheless, if Epic was stupid enough to make it that easy to get and haven't patched it yet, then fuck...why not?  I'm gonna take advantage of it, because it's points and that's what counts in the end.

It doesn't matter HOW you do it.  As long as it gets done.  I use that same rule with my roommates about dishes.  =  D
"
What is the end? I don't see the point of grinding 10+ hours for one achievement. I'm not sure there's even a qualification for "taking advantage of" for putting a lot of hours in..
But hey, to each his own.
#57 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
Kush said:
"Because he is a whore?"
Thanks.
You're welcome! You should be very proud of your "whore-ness".
#58 Edited by Snail (8574 posts) -

Wow. You guys still at it? I'm not sure what the discussion is about anymore...

Vinchenzo said:
"pause422 said:
"I'm pretty sure you aren't one of the first. I could of swore the week Gears was supposed to come out I saw somewhere that anyone who got the game ahead of time would have that achievement unlocked automatically for some reason.(could be wrong, but pretty sure that's what it said.)"
Ya people have unlocked it before, but I am pretty sure I'm one of the first, if not only, on GiantBomb. Do I get a medal!?"
No but you get 2500 G.
#59 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"HandsomeDead said:
By playing the game and earning it as you go rather than grinding on one area for 24 hours."
Alright. Well when someone gets Seriously 2.0 by playing through the campaign 50 times and sinking in countless hours, hundreds if not more, then get back to me."
Are people meant to only play the game once and then move on? I've been doing horde quite a bit, I have 5000 kills and I intend to keep playing it for a while more because it is actually fun to do. But if you want to grind the fun out of games for achievements, i'm not stopping you."

I'm not saying that you shouldn't get any kudos, congratz for sticking in there, but I agree with this. I never understood why people care so much about about reaching a certain rank or achieving certain items that they are willing to grind the shit out of a game until the point that is nothing more than a chore. It defeats the whole purpose of gaming. If you are going to work that hard on something, why not find a job and earn some money?
#60 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"jakob187 said:
"Well, I did also use that line when my roommate was considering working at the strip club over on Ruby St....
...and for some foolish reason, I talked her out of it"
Is it weird that what I notice in that picture is the Nightmare Before Christmas pic in the back?"

Yes, I was looking at her boobs.

Edit: I, just now, reread my previous post and it looks like it was written by a 3rd grader. It's all cuz of teh skool nd hao it maks u tird
#61 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Well, boobies are for teenagers...

#62 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"Well, boobies are for teenagers..."

Or for people that are attracted to women...
#63 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:
"Well, boobies are for teenagers..."

Or for people that are attracted to women..."
Well, I'm still tryin' to get her and her stupid ass retard of a boyfriend broken up so I can hit it, but it's a work in progress.  Gettin' closer though.  = D
#64 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

...I don't even know if I can laugh at the disrespect towards women.

#65 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kush said:
"...I don't even know if I can laugh at the disrespect towards women."

Where were women disrespected here?
#66 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Where were women disrespected here?"
Yeah, where is the disrespect?  I mean, her boyfriend is a stupid ass retard and she needs to be treated better than that.  And by treated better, I mean pay attention to her, actually give a shit about her, and rail her until I wake up FIVE apartment buildings instead of just three.  Nothing wrong with that.
Back on topic...
#67 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I won't be able to even get a single kill until at least after Christmas! D=

#68 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

Damn. Patience at its best.

#69 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Yeah, where is the disrespect?  I mean, her boyfriend is a stupid ass retard and she needs to be treated better than that.  And by treated better, I mean pay attention to her, actually give a shit about her, and rail her until I wake up FIVE apartment buildings instead of just three.  Nothing wrong with that.
Back on topic...
"
The disrespect is where you say, "I'm trying to get her to break up with her b/f, so I can hit that."
#70 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Back on topic...
"
You are a fucking homo. 
#71 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

HOLY CRAP!

#72 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kratos81 said:
"jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Back on topic...
"
You are a fucking homo. "

No. Shut up.
#73 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
whackmypinata said:
"jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Back on topic...
"
The disrespect is where you say, "I'm trying to get her to break up with her b/f, so I can hit that.""
It's not just so I can hit it.  It's so she isn't with a stupid ass retard anymore as well.  I mean, if the dood goes around talking to all these other chicks and then tells them "hey, i'm gonna break up with her soon, just wait"...then he doesn't deserve to hit it.
#74 Posted by whackmypinata (941 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"whackmypinata said:
"jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Back on topic...
"
The disrespect is where you say, "I'm trying to get her to break up with her b/f, so I can hit that.""
It's not just so I can hit it.  It's so she isn't with a stupid ass retard anymore as well.  I mean, if the dood goes around talking to all these other chicks and then tells them "hey, i'm gonna break up with her soon, just wait"...then he doesn't deserve to hit it."
You didn't explain that in your post. Also, you wanting to hit that doesn't make you any better than the other guy, who isn't loyal to his girlfriend.
#75 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"whackmypinata said:
"jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Kush said:

Back on topic...
"
It's not just so I can hit it.  It's so she isn't with a stupid ass retard anymore as well.  I mean, if the dood goes around talking to all these other chicks and then tells them "hey, i'm gonna break up with her soon, just wait"...then he doesn't deserve to hit it."

*Internet five*

I had a friend (to have is presented in the past tense, because she is a fucking idiot as of a week ago) who's boyfriend cheated on her and she knows it and she of course went running back to him. Not so long ago that same meathead asshole humiliated me in front of more than a hundred kids in my highschool by saying really brutal things to me, shit you wouldn't hear in the stupidest of steriotypical highschool movies.

And of course, she defends him and now won't talk to me or listen to me. Oh, Kush, she has a fantastic body that I would love to do things to. That is not disrespecting her, saying that I want to go out and fuck bitches is disrespecting women, I am respecting her body and respecting a feminine attribute that I greatly admire. Grow some balls.
#76 Posted by MB (11903 posts) -

This thread has gone way off topic and really no longer serves any purpose.  Keep threads on track if you want them to stay open, please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.