Inane Achievement Question

#1 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6298 posts) -

So to make a long story short I'm essentially left with none of my friends to beat insane with. I found a very helpful method online however, and I was wondering if it would work.

You do split-screen co op. Sign in your account with one controller and put it on insane. Put the other profile on casual. Play through it on casual while your main profile gets dragged through the game and eventually completes the game on insane. Does this work? Will this work? Thanks any help is appreciated.

#2 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

This would work for most of the game, but you would have to constantly be hiding your character, and you'd have to play both controllers during the parts where you are separated. I'm not sure if this would work during boss fights either.

#3 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -

Probably wouldn't work 100 %

Option B is to man up and just do it by yourself like i did. Its actually not that hard, easier than part 1 IMO. But that could just be because none of  the boss battles are hard.

#4 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -
Everyones_A_Critic said:
You do split-screen co op. Sign in your account with one controller and put it on insane. Put the other profile on casual. Play through it on casual while your main profile gets dragged through the game and eventually completes the game on insane. Does this work? Will this work? Thanks any help is appreciated."
Jeff asked Cliff Bleszinski about this in a recent interview, and I quote:

JEFF - "So if I want to get the insane mode achievements then I want to play on insane while somebody else is playing on casual and I wanna hang back and let them do all the dirty work"
CLIFF - "You can do that if you want, but, you know, if you wanna ruin your own fun you can jack the DVD and snap it in two and pee on it too."
#5 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
HazBazz said:
"Everyones_A_Critic said:
You do split-screen co op. Sign in your account with one controller and put it on insane. Put the other profile on casual. Play through it on casual while your main profile gets dragged through the game and eventually completes the game on insane. Does this work? Will this work? Thanks any help is appreciated."
Jeff asked Cliff Bleszinski about this in a recent interview, and I quote:

JEFF - "So if I want to get the insane mode achievements then I want to play on insane while somebody else is playing on casual and I wanna hang back and let them do all the dirty work"
CLIFF - "You can do that if you want, but, you know, if you wanna ruin your own fun you can jack the DVD and snap it in two and pee on it too.""
I remember this quote too. Honestly, just ask around on forums, even this forum, and you might find the friend you're looking for. Half the fun is getting pissed at the enemies with a partner, and then the accomplishment of completing a difficult scene consequently earning an achievement in the long run.
#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Yes, you can do that. It isn't very hard either and only requires a small bit of trickery during some parts.

#7 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -
Roger_Klotz said:
"Why not try playing insane by yourself. I played hardcore with a friend and decided to play insane by myself. I'm on act 3 with no problems. Sometimes I find it easier than hardcore."
depends on who you're playing with. i played hardcore with a friend, split screen, and we didnt have too many problems. but now im playing insane alone and its way harder. if the person you're playing with sucks, then yeh its going to be harder.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.