Incomplete Match Penalty........WTF?

#1 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

I'd love to know why the hell the game just started docking me for absolutely no reason saying incomplete match when I played a complete match. It even demoted me which made me more mad haha. I lost the match but damn man that is punishment enough they don't gotta start slapping DNF on me when I played a full game a terrible game but a full one none the less.

#2 Posted by bozosc (104 posts) -

did you leave before you got loaded to the lobby because that does count as not finishing, I lagged out of a match today and they took away 1500 points, what can you do...

#3 Posted by grimmspectre18 (70 posts) -
@bozosc: Ugh that's the worst. When that happens I always feel a part of myself die inside.
#4 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

Did you quit the match right before the one the where you lot xp?  If someone quits a match, they won't lose any points until they finish the next one they play.  If you didn't do that then this shouldn't be happening.

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19190 posts) -
bozosc said:
did you leave before you got loaded to the lobby because that does count as not finishing, I lagged out ... [more]
Huh? I lost connection to a match once and never lost points after the next one.

Besides, if you guys want to quit, all you have to do is disconnect the ethernet on the back on your Xbox. The game doesn't penalize you if you lose connection, and you don't have to quit out to the dashboard.
#6 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -

Yeah I get this also, it's strange.. I'll play a match from start to finish win or loose and I'll get it from time to time.

Does it have something to do with other people leaving? :S

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.