Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Incomplete Match Penalty........WTF?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ket87

I'd love to know why the hell the game just started docking me for absolutely no reason saying incomplete match when I played a complete match. It even demoted me which made me more mad haha. I lost the match but damn man that is punishment enough they don't gotta start slapping DNF on me when I played a full game a terrible game but a full one none the less.

bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bozosc

did you leave before you got loaded to the lobby because that does count as not finishing, I lagged out of a match today and they took away 1500 points, what can you do...

grimmspectre18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By grimmspectre18
    @bozosc: Ugh that's the worst. When that happens I always feel a part of myself die inside.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MKHavoc

Did you quit the match right before the one the where you lot xp?  If someone quits a match, they won't lose any points until they finish the next one they play.  If you didn't do that then this shouldn't be happening.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    bozosc said:
    did you leave before you got loaded to the lobby because that does count as not finishing, I lagged out ... [more]
    Huh? I lost connection to a match once and never lost points after the next one.

Besides, if you guys want to quit, all you have to do is disconnect the ethernet on the back on your Xbox. The game doesn't penalize you if you lose connection, and you don't have to quit out to the dashboard.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By flaminghobo

Yeah I get this also, it's strange.. I'll play a match from start to finish win or loose and I'll get it from time to time.

Does it have something to do with other people leaving? :S

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.