Is Active Reload fair?

#1 Posted by Agent47CSim2 (1085 posts) -
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

...What?  Why wouldn't it be?
#3 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

....Honestly?

#4 Posted by Fezz (441 posts) -

Everyone can active reload, so why wouldn't it be fair?

#5 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

Stupidest complaint ever, active realod as a simple as anything and everyone can do it of course it's fair.
#6 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Terrible poll is terrible.

#7 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

It's a gameplay element, for God's sake. Maybe you should complain more about shooters in general being difficult for some people. It seems more like a valid argument staging.

#8 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Yes; there's nothing wrong with active reloads. The only people who make it look silly are the ones who purposely waste an entire clip of ammo at the beginning of a match just to get that "initial advantage," which ends up not being all that significant anyway.

#9 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Anyone can do it at any time...its fine. Also, it seems like you're several years too late to complain about such a thing.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (9994 posts) -

I don't play Gears, I've only played the second one once, but even then after maybe an hour of playing I got the reloading thing down, with very few mistakes. I didn't even know what it was when I started the game so I had to try to figure it out myself why I was reloading so slowly.

#11 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Active reload can be done by anyone, and is easy to do to begin wtih. So I can't see how it's not fair. 

#12 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Everyone gets the same opportunity to active reload, and it is extremely easy to time as well. In my opinion, yes, it is fair.

#13 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

I actually really like active reload.  It makes you think a bit more about reloading.  I could understand if you were complaining about the active reload sniper rifle in GoW1 but they fixed that in GoW2. 

The only thing that really annoys me about gears online play is grenade tagging.  There are far too many people tagging grenades to walls and waiting for people to walk past.  I know there are counters but those guys piss me off.

#14 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

Not only that... this thread should be in the GoW section.

#15 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -
@mikeeegeee said:
" Not only that... this thread should be in the GoW section. "
I was thinking the same thing.
#16 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Who actually voted no? I mean seriously?

#17 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:

" @mikeeegeee said:

I was thinking the same thing. "
It could also be in the Active Reload forum.
#18 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" Terrible poll is terrible. "
This

Why wouldn't it be fair?
#19 Posted by Delta_Ass (3280 posts) -

Yea sure why not.

Now on the other hand, walking slowly while pressing your finger to your ear... that's total bullshit.

#20 Posted by DrRockzo (11 posts) -

It is totally fair but stupid, why does reloading perfectly make your bullets due more damage
#21 Posted by LiquidPrince (15949 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" ...What?  Why wouldn't it be? "
#22 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @FlamingHobo said:

" @mikeeegeee said:

I was thinking the same thing. "
It could also be in the Active Reload forum. "
That would be crazy.
#23 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2908 posts) -

It's in the game so it's fair.

#24 Posted by Ishoturface (421 posts) -

i dont see how it isnt
#25 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

I don't mind it, as it does take some amount of skill to time correctly and anyone can do it. It's a hell of a lot better than fucking two piece-ing that's for damn sure.

#26 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

how would it not be fair?  Everyone can do it, and it isn't hard to do.  That's like saying moving isn't fair because it makes someone harder to shoot.

#27 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -

It's fair, yes.
 But host active reload should be nerfed.

#28 Posted by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

it's pretty unfair, sometimes it sends me emails and tells me about how I've been wasting my life.  

I always forget how much skill and effort it takes to press the right bumper twice.

#29 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

It's a really clever system, of course it's fair 

#30 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

#31 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

I get the impression that you can't active reload to save your life.
#32 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" ...What?  Why wouldn't it be? "
#33 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

Of course it is, its like when people complain about COD4's p90, sure it is really good. But EVERYONE CAN USE IT, if theres that much of an advantage, everyone will start using it. And then the playing field will be fair.
#34 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

Yes it is fair. Everyone has it at their disposal. 

Speaking as a person who is not that good at Gears, I still think it is perfectly fair online. If you can consistently hit those even during the craziest crap in online matches, you deserve the boost. I lose my timing when too much is going on around me.

#35 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

The only time it wasn't fair was in Gears 1 when an "actively reloaded" sniper rifle could down someone in one shot. But they addressed that issue in Gears 2, so no.

#36 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

why wouldnt it be?
#37 Posted by ThePRAssassin (7 posts) -

It's a dumb feature but it's not gamebreaking. In the first Gears it was, but aside from the overpowered Hammerburst, the active reload doesn't do much in Gears 2.

#38 Posted by DRE7777 (398 posts) -

If you cant get the active reload down within an hour of playing gears of war then you should just stop playing video games all together because honestly, your terrible.
#39 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

Way to make a thread about a complete non-issue.

#40 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@Matfei90 said:
" Way to make a thread about a complete non-issue. "
Way to bump a thread that's about a complete non-issue.
#41 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Matfei90: Why post in the fucking thread then . Idiot
#42 Posted by mhkjtha (429 posts) -
@Fezz said:
" Everyone can active reload, so why wouldn't it be fair? "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.