I've got a bizzare problem

#1 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

Okay, I just bought Gears 2 and was given the Golden Hammerburst for free. I go home to enter the code and was sucessful, so I clicked download now. I had my Mirror's Edge demo still downloading so I had to click cancel all and redownload the hammerburst. My problem is that now I cannot redeem the code because it says it is invalid and there seems to be no other means of downloading it. Anyone know if there is a solution to my problem?

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
tmontana1004 said:
"Okay, I just bought Gears 2 and was given the Golden Hammerburst for free. I go home to enter the code and was sucessful, so I clicked download now. I had my Mirror's Edge demo still downloading so I had to click cancel all and redownload the hammerburst. My problem is that now I cannot redeem the code because it says it is invalid and there seems to be no other means of downloading it. Anyone know if there is a solution to my problem?"
I have the same problem with my golden lancer code. It sucks.
#3 Posted by MB (12296 posts) -

Go to your account, then find Download history - the golden hammerburst should be the most recent item.  Download it again.

#4 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

I'll try that now thanks.

#5 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
#6 Edited by AkumaX (248 posts) -

Maybe if you go into the Gears 2 section in the Memory bit of system settings. If it's listed as incomplete DLC then I think you can restart it...

Disregard that, topic was lying in tab and was old.

#7 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
AkumaX said:
"Maybe if you go into the Gears 2 section in the Memory bit of system settings. If it's listed as incomplete DLC then I think you can restart it...

Disregard that, topic was lying in tab and was old."
LOL
#8 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
MB said:
"Go to your account, then find Download history - the golden hammerburst should be the most recent item.  Download it again."
Dude, if that works, you will be my best friend!

EDIT------

That didn't work either. I get the same error message.
Apparently a ton of guys over on the EPIC forums are having the same problem. Link
#9 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"MB said:
"Go to your account, then find Download history - the golden hammerburst should be the most recent item.  Download it again."
Dude, if that works, you will be my best friend!

EDIT------

That didn't work either. I get the same error message.
Apparently a ton of guys over on the EPIC forums are having the same problem. Link
"
Yah I've got the same problem. I think we just have to wait for them to fix it.
#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I tried re-downloading it five times and then it finally worked. I'm happy. :-)

#11 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Try it in all caps.

#12 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

I finally got mine, I think you just need to wait and get lucky.

#13 Posted by vaderbreath (46 posts) -

This works: 

Take the disc out of the tray and close the tray.

Go to the System Blade ---> Select Memory

Press Y for Device Options

Enter this code:    X  X  LB RB X  X

This will refresh your devices. 

[edit - Not a method given by either Microsoft or Epic Games]

http://forums.xbox.com/23873262/ShowPost.aspx

#14 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -

Yea lots of people had this problem with the golden weapons and map pack, the redeem code system blows

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.