Leaked.

#1 Posted by JoshS (414 posts) -

Already showing up on torrent sites. Crazy.

#2 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

Just like everyother game............Crazy i know

#3 Posted by JoshS (414 posts) -

But so far in advance of the actual release. That's not normal. I mean, Fable 2 started showing up about a week ago, but it comes out tomorrow. This doesn't come out until next month and here it is.

#4 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

And they say piracy only exists on the PC...

#5 Edited by Webby (720 posts) -

Wow. Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Gears 2. But all early. Crazy 

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

How the heck do people actually get it to play on a 360?

#7 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"How the heck do people actually get it to play on a 360?"
People illegally mod their 360's to play games off of normal DVD discs.  Of course, doing so voids your warranty since you have to open the box up to get inside (from what I understand).
#8 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -
mordecaix7 said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"How the heck do people actually get it to play on a 360?"
People illegally mod their 360's to play games off of normal DVD discs.  Of course, doing so voids your warranty since you have to open the box up to get inside (from what I understand)."
Correct.  Microsoft places a seal, both on the white outer casing of the 360 and on the seam of the innards within to prove whether the product has been altered.
#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
Hamz said:
"And they say piracy only exists on the PC..."
Well, it does really. The effort involved in getting it off a torrent site and getting it to play on he 360 itself means a lot of people don't bother.
#10 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -

They get leaked out around a week before release because that's when it gets sent to factories and that's where someone nabs a copy. It's been like that for a couple of years now. The only recent exception is Fallout 3 because that got leaked internally.

#11 Posted by JoshS (414 posts) -
Joru said:
"They get leaked out around a week before release because that's when it gets sent to factories and that's where someone nabs a copy. It's been like that for a couple of years now. The only recent exception is Fallout 3 because that got leaked internally."
Sure. But this has leaked over 2 weeks early. ;)
#12 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

It doesn't matter if it is leaked a month or a week early, pirates will download it  just like any other game and eventually get banned from live.

#13 Posted by mracoon (4966 posts) -

Companies need to find new manufacturing plants for their games because I assume that's where they're originally leaked from.

Moderator
#14 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"mordecaix7 said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"How the heck do people actually get it to play on a 360?"
People illegally mod their 360's to play games off of normal DVD discs.  Of course, doing so voids your warranty since you have to open the box up to get inside (from what I understand)."
Correct.  Microsoft places a seal, both on the white outer casing of the 360 and on the seam of the innards within to prove whether the product has been altered."
hmm, i was think how bad it must be to have a mod 360 and it RRoD on you.
#15 Posted by Cogito (174 posts) -

Ok I've seen games get leaked a lot before release, not including broken street dates, but how does it actually happen? Does some factory worker in, "Insert industrial country of your choice here", take a disk form the assembly line and burn it to the net, or is it a review posts a copy of his review disc, or what? I've never actually been told or heard of how this happens.

#16 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Hamz said:
"And they say piracy only exists on the PC..."
Well, it does really. The effort involved in getting it off a torrent site and getting it to play on he 360 itself means a lot of people don't bother."
Thats like saying "well, it takes so long to download a game and then you have to deal with the hassle of cracking it and even then it might now work, most people wouldnt bother"

You would be surprised what people are willing to do to save 50-60 bucks. Specially now with the whole economy going to shit thing.
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Hamz said:
"And they say piracy only exists on the PC..."
Well, it does really. The effort involved in getting it off a torrent site and getting it to play on he 360 itself means a lot of people don't bother."
Thats like saying "well, it takes so long to download a game and then you have to deal with the hassle of cracking it and even then it might now work, most people wouldnt bother"

You would be surprised what people are willing to do to save 50-60 bucks. Specially now with the whole economy going to shit thing."
Not really compare the effort of cracking a game to downloading it, burning it to disc and modifying your Xbox.
#18 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Hamz said:
"And they say piracy only exists on the PC..."
Well, it does really. The effort involved in getting it off a torrent site and getting it to play on he 360 itself means a lot of people don't bother."
Thats like saying "well, it takes so long to download a game and then you have to deal with the hassle of cracking it and even then it might now work, most people wouldnt bother"

You would be surprised what people are willing to do to save 50-60 bucks. Specially now with the whole economy going to shit thing."
Not really compare the effort of cracking a game to downloading it, burning it to disc and modifying your Xbox."
One requires manual work and the other doesnt? I know piracy on the PC is a lot worse than piracy on consoles, im just pointing out that its still an issue no matter what system you play on.
#19 Posted by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -
Gunner said:
One requires manual work and the other doesnt? I know piracy on the PC is a lot worse than piracy on consoles, im just pointing out that its still an issue no matter what system you play on."
I agree.  It seems to be more of a pandemic issue with PC games than their console-based counterparts, but it seems every major console title release is foregrounded by a pirated leak.  This extends all the way back to Halo 2.  I remember when the French version of that got out to the world. 
#20 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Hamz said:
"And they say piracy only exists on the PC..."
Well, it does really. The effort involved in getting it off a torrent site and getting it to play on he 360 itself means a lot of people don't bother."
Piracy is the only reason why people keep buying 360s even if they break down on them. I mean if I had free games I would have more money to replace the console. Piracy is alive on the Wii as well.


And yet for this generation, so far, the PS3 hasn't been hacked. and yet look where they are.
#21 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -
mordecaix7 said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"How the heck do people actually get it to play on a 360?"
People illegally mod their 360's to play games off of normal DVD discs.  Of course, doing so voids your warranty since you have to open the box up to get inside (from what I understand)."
I would like to take a sledgehammer to all of these people's 360s. Then to their faces.
#22 Posted by StressedOutCat (239 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"It doesn't matter if it is leaked a month or a week early, pirates will download it  just like any other game and eventually get banned from live."
it doesn't matter... with the 360 being so cheap people just buy 2 360 consoles... one where they play their legal online games.. and the other their pirated games... so to them its nothing if their 360 gets banned..since they still have an unbanned one to play online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.