Limited or Regular Edition?

• 116 results
#1 Edited by Player1 (3871 posts) -

My question is which game will you guys be getting?
Limited or Regular

Limited

• - Collectible SteelBook™ DVD case
  • - "Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2," a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
  • - Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, "Rendezvous."
  • - An exclusive gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle available during online play
#2 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -

Regular. 

All the limited extras are just trinkets that will be forgotten in less than a month (although the gold-plated Assault Rifle would be pretty cool)
#3 Posted by PMShockWave (20 posts) -

Limited , I want that gold-plated Lancer.

#4 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -

Ya the reason im getting the limited is sadly... is because of a virtual gun painted a different color. I will watch and read the other stuff, but ya real reason being the gold lancer 

#5 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

Limited. I like the extras it comes with.

#6 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

I love the art on the regular edition but a gold plated lancer sounds really cool. I guess I will have to think about it more.

#7 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

I'll get the limited I that Gold Gun sounds pretty awesome

#8 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

Regular.

I just want to play the game.

#9 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

Regular.  I wasn't a huge fan of the first game to begin with, but I'm willing to give the second entry a try.

#10 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

On big games like this that I really want... I always go Limited

#11 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Limited for sure.  I always like the "making of" dvds, and a golden lancer is awesome.

#12 Posted by Atlas (2450 posts) -

Regular. The game is plenty.

#13 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

I learned my lesson buying limited editions.  A tin case, a "making of dvd," and maybe a booklet are a little dumb to spend an extra 10 to 20 bucks on.

REGULAR EDITION is all you need.

#14 Posted by BakedPigeon (2 posts) -

Gotta go with the limited edition, no doubt.

#15 Posted by RedRoach (1192 posts) -

i always get limited edition for games i get excited for, i love making of stuff

#16 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Limited Edition. I always buy the LE of games I'm really hyped for. Mass Effect is my most recent example.

Do we really get a golden lancer for online? Nice, didn't realize that,

#17 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -

ha ya so now you can chainsaw people with style

#18 Posted by L (1681 posts) -

Getting Limited Edition. Can't wait for all the extra features.

#19 Edited by Avenwhell (1 posts) -

Collector's Editions enhance the experience for me. I love them. There's something to be said about holding a box that weighs 3x a normal game. They charge by the pound, right? Over years of collecting them,  I'd have to say some of my favorite collector's editions that I own are (in no particular order) World of Warcraft Collector's Edition (that's where my panda pet came from SO STOP ASKING ME WHERE I FOUND IT!), WoW: Burning Crusade, Warcraft III (Blizzard really puts together a solid package here), Age of Mythology, Lunar: Silver Star Story (AMAZING EXTRAS), and Lunar 2 (MORE AMAZING EXTRAS). If there was one game that I wished they'd have come out with a CE but didn't it would be Mortal Kombat (any variant). Maybe I'll get lucky and MK vs DC will have one.

#20 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Limited edition is a steal.

#21 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

limited. i want that gold lancer and i want it now

#22 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Regular edition, I never buy the limited editions of games.

#23 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -
Ghost_of_Perdition said:
"Regular.

I just want to play the game.
"
same thing here
#24 Posted by Danishmaggot (105 posts) -

Regular.

I rarely consider limited or collector editions of games, because the stuff you get is usually not worth the price and will just end up taking up space.

#25 Posted by Yoda (55 posts) -

i pre ordered the limited edition, plus gears is one of my favorite games..

so limted edition for me

#26 Posted by JoshB (169 posts) -

I am such a sucker for SE's, I have a Chaos Theory SE... the box cover looked sweet, but other than that there is almost no difference.

#27 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -
Regular.

I don't need people spotting me because of a shiny gold plated gun.

Also artbooks are crap, what kind of "bonus" is that anyway?
#28 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

The limited sounds pretty awesome, but I don't like to support that sort of thing, would it be so hard to make the golden lancer unlockable in the game?

#29 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

I'm getting the limited edition.

#30 Posted by NotaStalker (172 posts) -

Regular. Im not a big fan of useless krap you see

#31 Posted by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -

I think I'll get the regular edition. I'm not sure though.

#32 Posted by YoungBuck (207 posts) -

Limited Edition for the gold plated lancer

#33 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -
ParanoidFreak said:
"The limited sounds pretty awesome, but I don't like to support that sort of thing, would it be so hard to make the golden lancer unlockable in the game?
"

That would have been a great reward for the seriously achievement I assume they will have. Wow now that I think about it it would have been the PERFECT award. People would have feared the golden lancer
#34 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I will end up getting the Limited Edition because I got the Limited Edition for Gears of War so I might as well.

#35 Edited by BennytheDroid (24 posts) -

Those guys at Epic have got to be laughing all the way to the bank.  I, along with a ton of other suckers here, will shell out extra money for what is quite possibly the most expensive and ridiculous DLC since the infamous Horse Armor.  The Gold-plated Lancer.  Let's admit it, guys, no one gives a crap about the 'making-of' DVD and the stupid metal tin.  We'll be paying an extra 10 bucks for an effing multiplayer gun that doesn't have any unique function other than emitting the bling effect.  Am I proud to be so pathetic?  No, but I'm not going to lie to myself with denial.

#36 Posted by Iyiu (98 posts) -

i think ill be getting the limited edition i love watching the making of games, concept arts, interviews stuff like that.

#37 Posted by DaWhiteAsian (230 posts) -

no one cares

#38 Posted by RVonE (4643 posts) -

I will go with a regular edition. I have found that most "limited" editions are really not limited at all and are not worth the money. Eventually it is the game that counts.

#39 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -

I think I will probably go with the regular edition - but this limited edition does look incredibly cool, I might just be won over by the idea of a golden lancer in multiplayer games (yes I'm that superficial).

#40 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

I'm a sucker for limited edition games, so this will be another one to add to my collection.

#41 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

limited for obviously the gold lancer

#42 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

I used to only buy limiteds....but I have learned my lesson that only a few are really worth it.  Otherwise I kinda like all my games having the same case, otherwise it just looks all out of place with all these different sized boxes.

However, this limited offers in-game content. Not sure what to do. I don't really want to spend $10 on a lancer....yeah the making ofs are always really cool and I enjoy them, but I just watch them once and then never again.  So while they are cool, I don't really think theyre worth the money.

WHAT HAPPENED TO FREE SPECIAL FEATURES like in God of War and the original Splinter Cell (just off the top of my head)?
I want those back. I'd probably more likely to watch those over, since I don't have to change disks lol.

#43 Posted by TheSnakeOfWar (72 posts) -

Im getting Limted Because i love Gears of war. I only buy a limted edition on games that i like.

Oh What the hell truthfully when i play gears of war 2 and i own someone with a lancer. I just want to say 
"You didnt just get ownd by a lancer you got ownd by a GOLD Lancer"
and then i would sing the song of GOLD 

#44 Posted by TheDarkSlayer (46 posts) -

Limited Edition. :)

#45 Posted by AtomicEdge (309 posts) -

I am only going to get regular editions for games these days, as I have a legendary halo 3 spartan helmet and Bioshock big daddy just hidden away in a box!

However I do love those steelbook cases. I wish all games would come in those.

#46 Posted by nubsway (45 posts) -

I am getting the regular I need the money for other games this year.

#47 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

I already pre-ordered the Limited Edition.

#48 Posted by MutenMiller (216 posts) -

I am easily enamoured by useless crap, so I'll be getting the Limited Edition. ;_;

#49 Posted by Blackskull21 (6 posts) -

regular, i just want that unlimited waves of enemies game type

#50 Posted by Roybot (34 posts) -

Regular, the game itself  is enough for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.