Linked achievements?

#1 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

How do you get them to work? Or was this feature pulled from the game before release?

#2 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

If you've already obtained certain achievements in Gears of War, then in Gears of War 2, playable characters from the first game will automatically unlock. 

#3 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Basically, playing through the game once in Gears unlocks three characters in Gears 2. Anthony Carmine, Minh (not sure how to spell his name...) and Raam.

#4 Edited by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I have, but I can't use them. Weird

#5 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -
dsplayer1010 said:
"I have, but I can't use them. Weird"
Um, what do you mean by that?
If you've unlocked the corresponding achievements you should have the skin unlocked in multiplayer/horde. The first time you booted up the game you should have got some messages that said Anthony, Kim and Ramm were unlocked.
#6 Posted by Patched (10 posts) -

if you have the achievements on gears1, they will automatically unlock

#7 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
Prime20 said:
"dsplayer1010 said:
"I have, but I can't use them. Weird"
Um, what do you mean by that?
If you've unlocked the corresponding achievements you should have the skin unlocked in multiplayer/horde. The first time you booted up the game you should have got some messages that said Anthony, Kim and Ramm were unlocked."
I have the achievement needed for Raam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.