Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Linked achievments.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HandsomeDead

Sourced here.

Personally, I think this is a great idea as it at least encourages people to really play through the old game to unlock things in the new and if you've already got what's listed, it sounds like a nice bonus for long time fans. My only gripe will be if one of them follows on from the multiplayer achievements as they were so awkward when the games were full, it'd be even harder when everyone moves onto the sequel.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

Pretty cool. Nice find. Ive down those three examples. So ill unlock everything.

I wonder what other things will be linked? 
    Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Psynapse

Thats pretty cool actually, it kind of pushes people to buy the other game if they havn't already. I basically have most of the acheivements done in the first game anyway, so no biggy for me.. I havn't got the multiplayer acheivements though, so I guess i'll have to start working on that now...

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf

I am glad that I beat Gears of War on insane and have all the COG tags. I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gaius

I'm pretty excited about the linked achievements. I think it's cool that their thinking of the people who played Gears of War 1 and took the time to get those achievements, more developers should definitely do things like this.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Riddler

awesome, idea, more games should do this

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Gaius said:
    "I'm pretty excited about the linked achievements. I think it's cool that their thinking of the people who played Gears of War 1 and took the time to get those achievements, more developers should definitely do things like this."
    Yeah, another way to feel rewarded for your achievement munching. :D
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Player1
    Gaius said:
    "I'm pretty excited about the linked achievements. I think it's cool that their thinking of the people who played Gears of War 1 and took the time to get those achievements, more developers should definitely do things like this."
    At least according to the podcast, other developers weren't allowed to do this. So the guys were surprised Gears pulled this off. Maybe this will open the door for other to do so.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf
    Player1 said:
    "Gaius said:
    At least according to the podcast, other developers weren't allowed to do this. So the guys were surprised Gears pulled this off. Maybe this will open the door for other to do so."
    Really? That is kind of odd of Microsoft. They let games easily give 1,000 points but don't allow linked achievements? Weird.
    Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gaius

I didn't know that other developers weren't allowed to do that.  It makes no sense though, why wouldn't they let them? Anyway, yeah, props to Cliffy B and Epic for pulling that off then.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By KingBroly

It's a Microsoft published game, so I'm sure they're allowed to bend the rules a bit.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Major
    Player1 said:
    "Gaius said:
    At least according to the podcast, other developers weren't allowed to do this. So the guys were surprised Gears pulled this off. Maybe this will open the door for other to do so."
    They said devs weren't allowed to look at saved files for previous games in the series (No clue why... Mass Effect 2 is supposedly able to look at your ME1 game saves) not just looking at achievements

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.