Multiplayer

#1 Posted by mussbus999 (321 posts) -

I am finding that most videos show more usage of cover, the lancer, and non shotgun running.  I personally like this, because I played a lot of Gears 1 and it didn't seem like the main point of the game was to hold a, press a, avoid shotgun bullets, hit with shotgun. Is anyone else happy that the shotgun running is gone?

#2 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -
mussbus999 said:
"I am finding that most videos show more usage of cover, the lancer, and non shotgun running.  I personally like this, because I played a lot of Gears 1 and it didn't seem like the main point of the game was to hold a, press a, avoid shotgun bullets, hit with shotgun. Is anyone else happy that the shotgun running is gone?"
I know I am, because that is still too common in Gears 1 (for the people who play it).
#3 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I think it's great because now everyone has to use cover, you can't just charge in, ignore lancer bullets, and then blast people away with one shot from the shotgun.

#4 Posted by Aaron89 (95 posts) -

I'm going to miss my trusty shotgun, but, I'll adapt. The forceful use of cover will require more tactics and greater teamwork - something I welcome to Gears of War online.

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'm happy with it. Winning won't be as random anymore either.

#6 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Good, Shotgun Running was cheap as hell.

#7 Edited by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Really? I didn't see this as a problem, if you are good enough at the game, anyone roadie running at you with a shotgun should be easily dropped with an active reloaded lancer or pistol. Gears dudes are thick man. Not exactly easy to miss.

#8 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

yeah... but i myself always used the lancer in gears 1 because roadie runner simply don't expect it and they just drop

#9 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"Really? I didn't see this as a problem, if you are good enough at the game, anyone roadie running at you with a shotgun should be easily dropped with an active reloaded lancer or pistol. Gears dudes are thick man. Not exactly easy to miss."
Ok this happened today in GoW 1.  Enemy charing towards me with shotgun, silly me with my lancer blasted him as he made his way directly towards me, he totally ignored my shots and blew me to pieces with his shotgun.  In GoW 2 if that guy tried that he'd have been killed.
#10 Posted by TomboDemon (138 posts) -

gears of war 1 was awesome with people using cover,
but then the fags started shotgunning and abusing glitches,
and it all went downhill from there

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.