My reaction to Gears 2 so far.

Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Hour 0 (first minutes): *In Marcus Fenix voice* "Aaaaaw come ON!"
Hour 1: "Alright, its more Gears, thats cool"
Hour 2: "...oh wait..its more gears, thats AWESOME."
Hour 3: "WOAH, whats happening?! this is some epic shit! Now THIS is a frikkin sequel! I cant believe they pulled this off!"

#1 Posted by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Hour 0 (first minutes): *In Marcus Fenix voice* "Aaaaaw come ON!"
Hour 3: "WOAH, whats happening?! this is some epic shit! Now THIS is a frikkin sequel! I cant believe they pulled this off!"

#2 Posted by mnB (71 posts) -

If only my 360 haven't red ringed one month ago would I be playing this game with a good friend co-op... Like we did with the first one : ( Sounds awesome from all the responses I've seen on the forums etc, gaaah.

Glad you're enjoyin' it though : )

#3 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Glad your enjoying it also. Any good sequel has to fulfill the promise of bettering the original, and Gears2 clearly does that in every respect.

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I think it has been pretty awesome.  The beginning few minutes were too much of the same, but after awhile, it opened up itself and now I am loving it!

#5 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -
Jimbo_N said:
"Hour 0 (first minutes): *In Marcus Fenix voice* "Aaaaaw come ON!"
Hour 3: "WOAH, whats happening?! this is some epic shit! Now THIS is a frikkin sequel! I cant believe they pulled this off!""
Couldnt agree more. At first I was disappointed, but after a few hrs the game really picks up. Better then gears 1 in everyway, except at this point the multiplayer has some problems, Im sure it will be fixed in a week or so.
#6 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

*SPOILER*

The part when the giant worm sinks the city is one of the most epic things I have ever seen in a game. Period.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.