My theory regarding Gears Of War 3

#1 Edited by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

first thing first : Gears Of War 3 is not going to be last sequel for this franchise .

the game will apparently start one year or so after the events of Gears Of War 2 . the humans are now positioned in several large camps around the world . now the coalition of organized governments has more time to examine their enemy . the Locusts , they have ruined men’s  lives , brought nothing but  misery and sorrow …….. but they have to be something …. They are neither ghosts nor Aliens !!!  . they have not reached the earth via UFOs and they do not carry laser guns . Locusts are of this earth , they live in underground , they carry human weapons , they talk in human language , .................................................................they once were human themselves !!!!!      

Locusts are mutated Humans , they are not zombies , they are intelligent and they plan every part of their actions . they have been tortured  and turned into their current form under Queen's order . the queen is an ambitious human who wants to conquer the world and therefore decides to create an army of mutated Human , an army with stronger and more reckless soldiers . Adam Fenix is an skilled scientist who decides to save mankind from the queen's ill fated desire  . as you hear in the start of Gears Of War 2 the queen says : everything started with the desire  for power

Adam Fenix starts working for queen in Locust 's project in an attempt to stop her from ruining the earth . Queen herself is not aware of this and think Adam really wants to help her . Adam Fenix is  alive and is still working for the queen , after significant amount of researches , Adam understand that  Locusts are extremely vulnerable against a specific yellowish  substance Aka Imulsion Gas  . he then figure that by injecting very little amount of  that substance into Locusts Body  , they become much stronger , more accurate and more deadly . also after death ;  these creatures can transfer their power to another Locust of their kind by means of the Imulsion  substance   . so even when a member of their squad dies , its power transfer to the other locusts and make them even stronger  (do you remember the Cut scene in which the new locust jump towards Cole and then Cole respond with a shotgun in face !!!! the inner substance were later transferred to another glowing Dude )  , this transformation continues and the more squad members die the stronger the other members become till the last member who becomes a mobile explosive who can due a severe damage by exploding itself . so the new Generation of locusts are much stronger than the old one . also have you noticed that we can only see the new generation of Locusts only under the ground  . yes , this generation of Locusts can not reach the surface as long as they want to stay alive . there is a difference between the new Generation of Locusts and the exploding wretches of the first game .as opposed to the new Generation of Locusts  those exploding wretches were totally overdosed and therefore dangerous for their own kind . so a person turned the Locusts into a new form that only exists under the surface  so he can use them as an army against the typical Locusts . that person is Adam Fenix . he is with the queen but literally Adam is against her .

look for these two key words in Gears Of War 3 : Imulsion Gas , Adam Fenix

by sinking Jacinto his plan is not functionable anymore since the flood also killed a great portion (if not all ) of the new generation of Locusts . that is why we hear Adam at the end of the credit  shouting  what have you done ? 

so the Locusts will be back  .

summarize :  I believe Gears Of War 3 will  focus on Adam Fenix, his past , his relationship with Marcus and the Queen and his attempts to stop the Queen .
#2 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Im not sure why everyone keeps saying the locust are mutated humans, now I could be completly wrong but I remember the queen saying many times that the locust are the dominate species, and that the dominate species will win. So being mutated humans doesn't mean they are a completly new species, now I thought mabey the first locust could have been a mutated human or somthing. But I do like your whole Adam Fenix creating an army to defeat the locust idea, really cool.

#3 Posted by Rowr (5710 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"Im not sure why everyone keeps saying the locust are mutated humans, now I could be completly wrong but I remember the queen saying many times that the locust are the dominate species, and that the dominate species will win. So being mutated humans doesn't mean they are a completly new species, now I thought mabey the first locust could have been a mutated human or somthing. But I do like your whole Adam Fenix creating an army to defeat the locust idea, really cool."
yeh but there is also alot of reference to evolution.
#4 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Burns09 said:
"Im not sure why everyone keeps saying the locust are mutated humans, now I could be completly wrong but I remember the queen saying many times that the locust are the dominate species, and that the dominate species will win. So being mutated humans doesn't mean they are a completly new species, now I thought mabey the first locust could have been a mutated human or somthing. But I do like your whole Adam Fenix creating an army to defeat the locust idea, really cool."
based on what we know from the game so far ,defining  Locusts as mutated Humans is pretty reasonable 
#5 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

I dunno.... in Halo the Elites could speak English and the were not mutated humans so there is a chance the Locusts are not human.

Having said that, I still think they are mutated humans who were first created by the government as a super weapon/troops.  However they were either considered failures and they were exiled to underneath the Earth's surface or they escaped on their own.  Now they are growing stronger and trying to take over the Earth.  The government realizes this so they have the Lambent and sires be created to stop the regular Locusts.  However they soon realize that you can not fight fire with fire.

Also I think Adam Fenix is working with the Queen in order to stop the Lambent who seem to be more of a threat then the regular Locusts and that is why you hear Adam say "what have you done."  Meaning the Earth is doomed due to the now seemingly unstoppable lambent(after the Locusts number of troops was greatly diminished by the flooding).

#6 Posted by Bonesofwar (262 posts) -
Discorsi said:
"I dunno.... in Halo the Elites could speak English and the were not mutated humans so there is a chance the Locusts are not human.
I guess most people aren't humans either then. I always had a suspicion those Germans were evil mutants from space.
#7 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -
Bonesofwar said:
"Discorsi said:
"I dunno.... in Halo the Elites could speak English and the were not mutated humans so there is a chance the Locusts are not human.
I guess most people aren't humans either then. I always had a suspicion those Germans were evil mutants from space."
I was talking about Halo not real life or were you too busy trying to get some "lulz."   So thank you mr hasty generalization
#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

What is up with the Sires though? That part completely confused me...

#9 Posted by Begemot (108 posts) -

I see

#10 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

I didn't read any of that just because you know what I'm going to say they should do for Gears 3:

Kill Cole, Baird, and Marcus.
#11 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"I didn't read any of that just because you know what I'm going to say they should do for Gears 3:
"
Can't stop the Cole Train :(
#12 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
Discorsi said:
"jakob187 said:
"I didn't read any of that just because you know what I'm going to say they should do for Gears 3:
"
Can't stop the Cole Train :("
I'm sure you can...and it would be the most epic and unexpected part in a game EVAR!!!
The problem with killing three of the four Delta members is that...well...co-op would be a bit difficult after that point.
#13 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -
Discorsi said:

Having said that, I still think they are mutated humans who were first created by the government as a super weapon/troops.  However they were either considered failures and they were exiled to underneath the Earth's surface or they escaped on their own.  Now they are growing stronger and trying to take over the Earth.  The government realizes this so they have the Lambent and sires be created to stop the regular Locusts.  However they soon realize that you can not fight fire with fire.

Also I think Adam Fenix is working with the Queen in order to stop the Lambent who seem to be more of a threat then the regular Locusts and that is why you hear Adam say "what have you done."  Meaning the Earth is doomed due to the now seemingly unstoppable lambent(after the Locusts number of troops was greatly diminished by the flooding)."
Halo is simply an action game with a light story  but goddamn awesome weaponry , that is all , forget about the story becasue it is only an excuse for progressing the single player .

as you said yourself Locust could be mutated human (it is pretty likely ).
 I personally do not think lambents are dangerous for mankind simply becasue they never leave the surface like the regular Locusts .  so the COG could easily destroy them all with a flood underneath the surface  . 
#14 Posted by CaleShepard (100 posts) -

I hope Gears 3 is all about dizzy... and has a flashback sequence

#15 Posted by gowtheorygod22 (1 posts) -

Okay well i think that by the end of gears of war 3, marcus will die.  games with a great story like gears or war don't go along without one of the main characters dieing. in gears 3 i think that marcus will face his dad (i think adam is still alive). I think that the queen is gonna kill marcus and adam fenix is going to end up killing the queen.... oh and by the way i highlyyyy doubt that they will kill cole.  for two reasons. One, he is too well liked in the gears of war trilogy. and because think about, he is an absolute monster lol can anyone stop that guy...STEROIDS!

#16 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Burns09 said:
because of the facility that was kept quiet for 14 years despite having answers on how to defeat the locust
#17 Posted by alterbridge9 (48 posts) -

Whatever they crank out story wise I'm more interested in new guns and new features. We all know we are gonna buy it whatever it is.

#18 Posted by CSutton92 (9 posts) -

Yes adding Adam in the main story is a really good idea. Like how they talk about Adam in the first gears and not say much about him in the second will make adding him in the story very very interesting. What i want is to add a chick Carmine in the game. THAT DOESN'T DIE!! Chick Carmine would be sweet. I want them to tell more about the characters as well.

#19 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

people play it for the story ?

#20 Posted by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -

Of course people play it for the story, its an amazing story.....But what I heard from my friend at EPIC is the 3rd game will take place before 1 and 2 during the Pendulum Wars, so you have no lancers with chainsaws and that alone will make it a whole different playing experience! Just a rumor, nothing has been proven!

#21 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -
pissedoffthewitch said:
people play it for the story ?
The story isn't -THAT- bad. They did up the story slighty in Gears of War 2, even if I did find Dom's moaning about his wife slightly stale and dropped in for the sake of emotional depth. But I like each of the characters, and I'm interested to see what Epic will do in (possibly) the final game in the trilogy.

Now wouldn't it be funny if the Locust Queen was Marcus's mom? :P
#22 Edited by CSutton92 (9 posts) -

Yeah that would be funny. It would be cool if when he found out it's his momwas the queen and he turns bad. Him, his dad, and the queen all unite together against the cog.......... and of course Baird take Fenix's place as sarge. :)

#23 Edited by scorch62 (103 posts) -
CSutton92 said:
Yes adding Adam in the main story is a really good idea. Like how they talk about Adam in the ... [more]
The only female Carmine is the mother.

Okay well i think that by the end of gears of war 3, marcus will die.  games with a great ... [more]
Cole was a total dumbass in Gears 2.
#24 Posted by bulletbeast (191 posts) -

im sure there^ll be all sorts of twists regarding Adam Fenix and the queen but i assure u that there is absolutely no way in hell that the Locust are human, thats just ridiculous

#25 Posted by billcosby2004 (108 posts) -

^^

I love Cole, I think they should do a single player DLC expansion starring only him, lifting up buses filled with hostage schoolchildren with one arm and ripping out locust throat with the other.  And the credits at the end should have a rap.

#26 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

I want to see Clifford B. Carmine...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.