New Achievements - No imagination required

#1 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -
1) Skeletons in your Closet-20
Complete waves 1 through 10 on all Flashback Map Pack maps in Horde (any difficulty)
2) More Mystery, Less History-15
Win a multiplayer match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
3) Bound by a Shared Past-15
Win a Wingman match on each of the 5 Flashback Map Pack maps
4) Trial by, and on, Fire-20
Survive first 10 Horde waves on Combustible Map Pack maps as a team
5) The Roof! The Roof! The Roof…-15
Win a multiplayer match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps (any mode except Wingman)
6) Forged in the Fire-15
Win a Wingman match on each of the 3 Combustible Map Pack maps
7) Annex: Now With Execution Rules-75
Win an Annex match on each Flashback and Combustible Map Pack map (public matches only)

---

Really?! That's the best they could come up with. It's like they're trying to discourage you from holding this game in high appraisal.

And what's with that last one, 75 points?! Seriously 2.0 is only worth 50! Could they not come up with another 2 to make them 25 each? Sheesh.

(FWIW, I think there's quite an artistry in good Achievement design...)
#2 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Cheapoz said:
"
"

But they totally named an achievement "Freebaird."  I thought it was clever!
#3 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Wait. Are these real? And if so, when do they come into effect?

#4 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

You can't be creative with this sort of thing.  The second those guys make creative multiplayer stuff is the second they double the number of already too many assholes glitching matches for the points.

#5 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Cheapoz said:
"
"

But they totally named an achievement "Freebaird."  I thought it was clever!"
'tis! Seems their original 'Achievements team' wasn't behind these new ones.
btw, these are listed on xbox.com, but won't be available until 'the patch'.
#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yeah, some title update will be applied soon. I don't care much for the achievements here, but I will try to get some considering their is a 75 pointer. Cool.

#7 Posted by rerty (105 posts) -

People still play the broken ass multiplayer?

#8 Edited by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -
rerty said:
"People still play the broken ass multiplayer?"
Very seldomly. If I have 4 mates in a party, playing during prime time (in Australia) I'll jump in. 

But if this patch (damn you RHCPfan24, don't you dare give in to marketing speak, it's a damn PATCH), doesn't fix the game properly, ie A FRIGGIN REGION FILTER, it'll be all but good night for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.