New Gears 2 Maps Tonight?

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -
#2 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

i sort of hope so

#3 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Hmm...

I just played me some Horde and would love to see some new maps.
#4 Edited by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

I'm hoping that it will be another flash back map pack but I doubt it.

#5 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

if i still have to wait 15 minutes + to joing a match then i dont care about these maps. and seriously, new online maps is NOT a tv worthy announcement lol

#6 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Of course. More maps to wait 10 mins before you get to play, if you're lucky.

#7 Posted by pause422 (6185 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"if i still have to wait 15 minutes + to joing a match then i dont care about these maps. and seriously, new online maps is NOT a tv worthy announcement lol"
yeah I know. Will probably be the halo route, overcharging  for 3 maps.
#8 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Sure, why not, as long as they are free, should be getting my 360 back tomorrow.

#9 Posted by hungrynun (444 posts) -

Didn't epic do a free map pack for Gears 1? Let's hope they go the same route this time.

#10 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Never heard about this. Would be awesome if it's free!

#11 Posted by bwooduhs (1617 posts) -

it just got confirmed.

#12 Posted by Chaser324 (6531 posts) -

Holy crap! Just saw this confirmed on VGA awards! If the other reveals are as good as this one you need to start watching right now.

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

Yep.  Flood, Gold Rush (PC Gears 1 Map), and Fuel Station.  They didn't say if the maps were free or not.

#14 Posted by JJR (12 posts) -

I'm not buying them unless they're free.

#15 Edited by Aerobie (104 posts) -
JJR said:
"I'm not buying them unless they're free."
If they were free, it wouldn't be called buying, now would it?

I've stopped caring about Gears, but some new free maps would make me give it another try.
#16 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -

Cant wait, just as i was getting tired of the "new maps" Blam real new ones.

Honestly Blood Drive has become the new gridlock, hopefully the new maps change that.

#17 Posted by JJR (12 posts) -
Aerobie said:
"JJR said:
"I'm not buying them unless they're free."
If they were free, it wouldn't be called buying, now would it?

I've stopped caring about Gears, but some new free maps would make me give it another try."
I'm not getting them unless they're free. Why must people nitpick? You knew what I meant.
#18 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

All I can say is it better not cost 800 points.  If it does then that's a f***in rip.

#19 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

It costs 800 MS points and comes out 12 AM PST.

#20 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

no one should be buying these atleast until they patch the game.

#21 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
10MP said:
"no one should be buying these atleast until they patch the game."
QFT, Epic please, I'm not going to pay $10 for 3 maps when your online game is practically still in Beta form with no word of a patch. I'm sorry. Single Player was amazing but some of the problems you should have fixed back in Gears 1 are still present if not worse.
#22 Edited by prencher (109 posts) -

My bet is that a patch will be there at 12 AM as well. Mark Rein has said numerous times over the last week or so that they know of issues in various threads on the epic boards, and fixes will be coming "shortly." This is very unlike epic in general, so the timing seems uncanny.

It's not like they'd announce the patch, but my money is on them releasing it quietly with the DLC pack, and a playlist update (another thing they don't need a patch for, that they have been holding back on).

Finally, as far as price, I'd have to say I'm in the $10 camp, but lets not get riled up about a rumour started by a site using "reliable sources" (It's common sense they'd charge 800 points if it's not free - they always do). It's entirely possible they're free - The first gears pack was, and there's been a lot of free DLC for both burnout paradise and bad company, so it's not like Microsoft is unwilling to let it happen. Perhaps for their own blockbuster titles though.

#23 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

New maps? I haven't even played all of the shipped ones lol! (I've been playing CoD:WaW and MGSIV!)

#24 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Won't be buying it. Burnt out from Gears, and really only played two weeks of multiplayer. It just isn't the same as the original Gears. They needed to step it up, and really did not which kind of sucks. Once the maps are free, maybe. From my perspective, I just bought a used copy of Mass Effect ($14 and a bit of tax after all of my discounts) which really deserves more of my time. Also planning on going back and getting my completion percentage up.

#25 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

the would be great

#26 Posted by bjorno (1416 posts) -

Gold rush was just taken from the pc version of gears.

#27 Posted by Mats (130 posts) -

More maps = more fun :)

#28 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Do these new maps have more achivements like the last ones?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.