Holy Moley, its more Gears 2 stuff. But, for some reason, it's not going to be DLC. EPIC has decided to release the next update for Gears Of War 2 as retail on July 28th.
|| FULL STORY ||
This Expansion Pack (??) Will Include:
- All Current Gears 2 DLC to date
- Dark Fronts Map Pack (seven new multiplayer maps)
- An introduction from Cliff Bleszinski for "Road to Ruin"
- A collectible poster
- Strategy guide
- Custom Xbox Live theme
A load of that stuff is to make this bundle worthwhile for everyone who already owns all the existing DLC.
Kotaku also had this image slapped up above the story:
For those that don't remember there is a section in the story where Marcus walks up to Dom holding a Theron helmet and says he has an idea how they can sneak into the Hollow - but Dom says he wants to go in guns blazing. Well, this photo would seem to provide an alternative chunk of the game where the player has the option of agreeing with Marcus for some kind of stealthy Gears action we haven't seen before. Fucking SWEET.
The Box Art looks a bit like this.
- [Requires Full Version Of The Game To Play]
- [No Disk Included - Downloadable Content Only]
The New Multiplayer Maps Will Include:
- Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
- Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
- War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it'll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and "processing" are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it's better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.
The remakes of the previous maps have all been awesome, so I am SUPER STOKED to play some War Machine again. I am totally down for this Gears 2 pack.
Please feel free to comment on these rumours and speculation.
Thanks For Reading