Old Gridlock or new Gridlock?

#1 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
caption
caption
caption
caption
caption

The top is Gears 1 Gridlock, with the bottom being the Gears 2 remake of Gridlock, obviously.

To be honest, I'm not too sure, the newer version looks a bit dark and brown for my liking.
#2 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I like the newer one better.

#3 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I actually like the old one more

#4 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

New, because there is exploding cars now.

#5 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

The new Gridlock has much more vegetation and looks less plain... I prefer the new Gridlock.

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I prefer the cleanness of the old Gridlock but the new one is pretty cool as well.

#7 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I like the old one more but I'm just happy we'll have some form of Gridlock in gears 2. It's by far my favorite map.

#8 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

i like the new one

#9 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

i like the look of the new  1
 but i really cant comment atm till i play the new version

#10 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Why did they remove the statue?

#11 Posted by Vecta (167 posts) -

I like both, but the new one sought of goes with 2s time line more then the old one ( because its 6 months in the future ).

#12 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk prefer original one because it's cleaner and brighter with blue skies.  Hulk would much prefer a remake of a map like War Machine instead of Gridlock.  Hulk sick of Gridlock and never was that fond of it.  Hulk rather have War Machine, Fuel Depot, or Process.

Hulk hoping that eventually all original Gears maps get remakes as DLC, similar to what Bungie does with Halo 3.

#13 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Hulk said:
"Hulk prefer original one because it's cleaner and brighter with blue skies.  Hulk would much prefer a remake of a map like War Machine instead of Gridlock.  Hulk sick of Gridlock and never was that fond of it.  Hulk rather have War Machine, Fuel Depot, or Process.

Hulk hoping that eventually all original Gears maps get remakes as DLC, similar to what Bungie does with Halo 3.
"
I like War Machine and Fuel depot but Process got boring after a while.
#14 Edited by pause422 (6178 posts) -

exploding cars are a cool addition,but its hardly a 'new' gridlock, they just made it look browner. Doesn't matter to me,both are fine.

#15 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

the new oone, because since gears 2 will be 5vs5 there will be more going on in it and i'd say it would feel less "hollow"

#16 Posted by AlexB (1023 posts) -

They are mechanically identical, so i feel the same. Although i do appreciate the change up. I am just happy the Bell is back. haha yes i get to knock the fucker down some more.

#17 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I'm not that big on greenery, so concept wise I'll take the old gridlock.

#18 Edited by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"the new oone, because since gears 2 will be 5vs5 there will be more going on in it and i'd say it would feel less "hollow"
"
What does 5v5 have to do with the map itself?
#19 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -

I'm really liking the new Gridlock.  I think that's how the level should have been to begin with.  It really gives you a sense of loathing and chaos in the world.  Having more vegetation, a darker sky and landscape really gives you a sense that the world has gone to hell, which Gears of War is trying to convey.  I say, job well done on the re-design.

#20 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

I still like the old one better.  

#21 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

I would have to play on both of them or at least see them in real life to tell you

#22 Posted by Cribba (290 posts) -
systech said:
"New, because there is exploding cars now.
"
Exploding cars? Awesome!
#23 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

I like the new one more.

#24 Posted by gameshark5 (248 posts) -

the new one looks more like its been ravished by war.

As such my vote goes to the new one

#25 Posted by fatmenace (5 posts) -

i like the new one couse of the ganggreen of fuguy or mos or what ever it is on the walles and the cars

#26 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

remake MANSION!!!!!

#27 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Blu_Magic said:
"crunchUK said:
"the new oone, because since gears 2 will be 5vs5 there will be more going on in it and i'd say it would feel less "hollow"
"
What does 5v5 have to do with the map itself?"
makes it better to play in than 4 vs 4
#28 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"crunchUK said:
"
What does 5v5 have to do with the map itself?"
makes it better to play in than 4 vs 4"
But it has nothing to do with the features of the map itself.
#29 Posted by Player1 (3857 posts) -

Did something happen to this place in gears 2? Or is it just going to be like Zanzibar in Halo 2, where it totally changes, but they dont explain it? 

#30 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

From the pics, I like the old one more.

#31 Posted by mjwickstrom1 (186 posts) -

The new one is teh OWNAGE!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.