PC version?

#1 Posted by Mootalstrike (187 posts) -

Gears of War for PC was announced at E3 one year after it was released for 360, so what do you guys think are the chances that Gears of War 2 will be announced for PC at this years E3?

#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Maybe

#3 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Even if it was, unless they somehow fix what is broken, I wouldn't get too excited.

#4 Posted by Mootalstrike (187 posts) -

Yeah, the only way I would be interested is if they add something extra, as they did in the PC version of Gears 1...

#5 Edited by jkz (4025 posts) -

They said they weren't going to port GoW 2 to the PC due to inadequate sales and piracy for Gears 1. Whether they're going to stick with that is another issue altogether

#6 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
Mootalstrike said:
Yeah, the only way I would be interested is if they add something extra, as they did in the PC ... [more]
Like an unbroken game?
OSHI-
#7 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -
#8 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -

I hope not.

Epic Games: Oh yeah heres an xbox 360 exclusive...
Audience: YEEEEAAAAAH!
Epic games: Just kidding we'll be releasing it on the pc a year from now.
Audience: Wait...WTFFFFFF?!?!

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

They said that it isn't coming to PC.

#10 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Well, I'd like for it to come to PC, and even if it's not annouced at E3 it'll probably come at some point anyway. 

#11 Edited by Feanor (1387 posts) -

I can't believe a big bad developer like Epic would be worried about piracy.  Its the little companies that are really feeling it.  I feel bad for Ace Team, the guys who published Zeno Clash, they are getting hit hard by piracy.

Edit: I just checked a few torrent sites, and could not find a good download of Gears 1.  So I'm not sure what Epic is talking about.

#12 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
addictedtopinescent said:
Well, I'd like for it to come to PC, and even if it's not annouced at E3 it'll probably come ... [more]
I guarantee if it's not announced at this E3, it won't ever come to PC.  Same for Fable 2.
#13 Posted by WhiteKnight (4 posts) -

Same was said for Gear for War. It eventually came for PC. Same can be said for :-

1. Halo 3
2. Fable 2.
3. Crackdown.

All thanks to Games for Windows LIVE. It will be possible.

#14 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

Probably.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.