Proof that Lancer comes with Gears of War Insane edition

#1 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -
Major Nelson
Major Nelson is holding the lancer that is described on xbox360fanboy.
#2 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it is going to be a miniature Lancer.

And they've had that lancer for a while, Cliffy B used it when he announced Gears 2.

#3 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

That's an old photo from GDC.  That's actually the one that Young Clifford used at the press conference there.  Hate to bring the bad news, but I also thought the Lancer replica was coming to the Gears "Insane" edition, but it's not.  There was a misunderstanding when Cliff talked about.  He meant that you can get the Limited for $70, but buy a Lancer replica SEPARATELY for $130 on Amazon or some other sites.  It was already said on Epic Games Forums.  I'm a member over there.

#4 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

If the miniature lancer was that big, I'd definitely buy it! But I highly doubt it will be that big. I really want to know how miniature it is, they need to release the dimensions for it.

#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Hahaha yeah, they're gonna put THAT lancer in the Insane edition...jeez I cant even believe people really think that.

#6 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Hahaha yeah, they're gonna put THAT lancer in the Insane edition...jeez I cant even believe people really think that.
"
true, doesn't stop me wishing it was the lancer to come with the insane edition.
#7 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

No way, it's not gonna be that.  It's just going to be some miniature to go with your mini master chief helmet.

#8 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

There's no way it'll be that big.

#9 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I seriously doubt it would be that big.

#10 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

If Major Nelson were a cat, then I think that Lancer would be the right size.

#11 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

Do want.

#12 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

No way... unless the Insane Edition is like, 400 bucks.

#13 Posted by Gunslinger (150 posts) -

Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

I'm also hoping that it's actually going to work, as well.

Imagine how badass you'd feel trimming your hedges with that bad boy.

#14 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
#15 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Gunslinger said:
"Hell, I know it's not going to be that big in real life, but still, I'm hoping that it is.

"

LMAO, OK maybe it will be that big, but actually functional!? Hah!!! I wish, that would be insane. But it's most likely a hollow plastic non-functional toy.
#16 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
#17 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

That pic isn't proof that it comes with the limited edition, its proof it exists.

BIG difference.

#18 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:

"

"
...if your lucky they may add sound affects..lol!
#19 Posted by Churchy (17 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:

"

"
"
So basically this?
#20 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Churchy said:
"MsCortana said:
"Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:

"

"
"
So basically this?
"
Wow that was amazing.
#21 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -
Churchy said:
So basically this?
"
I started laughing when I saw the nerf gun...lol!  Was it just me, or in the beginning did the lancer sound like a train? LOL!
#22 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -
Gunslinger said:

"

BAHAHAHA... thats funny as hell..

But if it was going to work... yeah right... imagine the politicians have a feild day with that one!
#23 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Wow thats insane. Definitely buying now lol

#24 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

So sad that millions of people will waste more then a hundred bucks on a plastic gun, and a dewrag... ffs.

#25 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Sentry said:
"So sad that millions of people will waste more then a hundred bucks on a plastic gun, and a dewrag... ffs.
"
So sad that you care what other people spend their own money on.
Just because you don't like/approve of it, does not mean others cant enjoy it
#26 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
BlindEffekt said:
"Sentry said:
"So sad that millions of people will waste more then a hundred bucks on a plastic gun, and a dewrag... ffs.
"
So sad that you care what other people spend their own money on.
Just because you don't like/approve of it, does not mean others cant enjoy it
"

I don't CARE, but you don't think its sad someone would waste money on a friggin dewrag just because its from a game? If thats not funny then I don't know what is lol.
#27 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

So what? Someones a die hard fan of something and they want merchandise.
OMFGTHEREUSINGMONEYONSOMETHINGTHEYLIKE XXX____XXX

#28 Posted by MattDoGG91 (51 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"Sentry said:
"Gunslinger said:

"

"
"

LOL sound effects.
#29 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

.... $130...

#30 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
BlindEffekt said:
"So what? Someones a die hard fan of something and they want merchandise.
"
Homer said:
".... $130..."

#31 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -
Sentry said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"
Homer said:
".... $130..."

"
Surely Sentry you have spent money on something you yourself are a large fan of, no special editions of DVDs? no special editions of games? - I agree if that is the price it is ridiculously expensive, but I collect things like that, because I enjoy it. I think everyone with common sense knows that a life-size lancer coming in an "Insane" edition is BS but people still want it. If you think this is bad imagine what it would've been like if it was a gun from Halo.
#32 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Shotaro said:
"Sentry said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"
Homer said:
".... $130..."

"
Surely Sentry you have spent money on something you yourself are a large fan of, no special editions of DVDs? no special editions of games? - I agree if that is the price it is ridiculously expensive, but I collect things like that, because I enjoy it. I think everyone with common sense knows that a life-size lancer coming in an "Insane" edition is BS but people still want it. If you think this is bad imagine what it would've been like if it was a gun from Halo.
"

Yeah all im saying is its laughable... is it not? I have never spent a lot of money on something meaningless... DVDs? Those I can watch, be entertained by. A plastic gun for $130? LOL. Gears is the next Halo, no doubt about it. They will start milking it to death next. Which is really sad. People still want this thing but an over priced dewrag is going too far, woud anyone really buy that? Lol...
#33 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Sentry said:

Yeah all im saying is its laughable... is it not? I have never spent a lot of money on something meaningless... DVDs? Those I can watch, be entertained by. A plastic gun for $130? LOL. Gears is the next Halo, no doubt about it. They will start milking it to death next. Which is really sad. People still want this thing but an over priced dewrag is going too far, woud anyone really buy that? Lol...
"
Even though its just a dewrag ( which is lol..i admit ), the object in question is kinda irrelevant.
A die-hard fan will be able to draw some abstract sense of entertainment from it, and thats all that matters.
Why i just happened to order a CD from Japan just for a couple of bonus tracks from one of my fav bands.
Cost a truckload, but to a collector/fan, its worth it.

#34 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Yeah, Gears of War fanatics will get a great kick of enjoyment off of Marcus' dewrag. XD

#35 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Exactly.

#36 Posted by Bloodbath (85 posts) -
Maybe they'll go the Halo way and make it so that you can't even hold it, like how you couldn't wear the MC helmet.
#37 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
Blu_Magic said:
"There's no way it'll be that big.
"
Thats what she said
#38 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"There's no way it'll be that big.
"
Thats what she said
"

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
#39 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

Wow. Never thought Major Nelson was one to look badass, but there you go!

#40 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -

lol, some dudes in their backyard made that Lancer for Cliffy B

Watch

#41 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Yeah, we knew that since forever now. XD

#42 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

That the 900+ dollar replica for sale.

#43 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Yeah, we knew that since forever now. XD
"
lol. It looks cool, but I can do without it.
#44 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Peacemaker said:
"That the 900+ dollar replica for sale."
For $900 it should actually work like a chainsaw!
#45 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Peacemaker said:
"That the 900+ dollar replica for sale."
For $900 it should actually work like a chainsaw!
"
And be able to kill real life locust

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.