Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Rankuprankuprankup............... "for the queeeeeeeennnnnn!!!"

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By GunstarRed

So, It turns out I still love Gears of War 2. Not the competitive multiplayer which I find to be  a horrible mess of rush-to-the-middle-shoot-at-each-other-up-close-ness but the absolutely brilliant Horde mode, never the same two times despite the same tactics always coming in to play (shields here, shields there) Its just so hectic and fun and despite there always being that brick-wall point for the team your in, it always feels  like youre  an awesomely efficient killing machine.
    I am absolutely taken by the way people communicate within the game, which is weird as you would expect most players to use the mic but that just doesnt seem to be the case, players seem to all have their own way of doing things and there seems to be this weird level of communication created through the game. Theres always the one who picks up the sheild and plants it down after the old stuff laying around dissapears and the way someone  leaves for the ammo  to return to their old sniping post. and the one who collects grenades and plants them. granted its not always the same but Its really interesting to see how everyone has their own quirks and everyone knows what their team is going to do so they protect them or grab a mulcher or mortar and  throw it so someone more efficient at using it. I dont know if i'm the only person that notices this.... i just find it absolutely interesting that a game can convey what you need to say to someone without you ever needing to say a single word.

on the flipside.... Ive only just returned to Horde after quite a long gap and oh my are there some strange players even after such a long length of time the game has been out.... theres occasionally the one that runs off by themselves on wave 10+ that decides they can take on everyone/thing themselves and then expect one of you holed up in a building safe behind shields to run out and save them.

i'm nearly at level 32  and I'm absolutely loving going through the new maps, I think they look absolutely beautiful. In fact it always takes me by surprise how strong the gears universe art design is. It's very easy to dismiss it as another grey, wartorn building type game but the architecture and layout of the levels is absolutely stunning from an artistic standpoint...especially those snowy levels. (I have only just played them)

Totally in love with levelling up in horde  which is a nice addition considering that I thought all of those achievements were locked to me considering I am absolutely not fond of the adversarial stuff but with the newest update I am playing gears 2 with a whole bunch of grind-y passion.

I have not even touched the deleted scene yet!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

So, It turns out I still love Gears of War 2. Not the competitive multiplayer which I find to be  a horrible mess of rush-to-the-middle-shoot-at-each-other-up-close-ness but the absolutely brilliant Horde mode, never the same two times despite the same tactics always coming in to play (shields here, shields there) Its just so hectic and fun and despite there always being that brick-wall point for the team your in, it always feels  like youre  an awesomely efficient killing machine.
    I am absolutely taken by the way people communicate within the game, which is weird as you would expect most players to use the mic but that just doesnt seem to be the case, players seem to all have their own way of doing things and there seems to be this weird level of communication created through the game. Theres always the one who picks up the sheild and plants it down after the old stuff laying around dissapears and the way someone  leaves for the ammo  to return to their old sniping post. and the one who collects grenades and plants them. granted its not always the same but Its really interesting to see how everyone has their own quirks and everyone knows what their team is going to do so they protect them or grab a mulcher or mortar and  throw it so someone more efficient at using it. I dont know if i'm the only person that notices this.... i just find it absolutely interesting that a game can convey what you need to say to someone without you ever needing to say a single word.

on the flipside.... Ive only just returned to Horde after quite a long gap and oh my are there some strange players even after such a long length of time the game has been out.... theres occasionally the one that runs off by themselves on wave 10+ that decides they can take on everyone/thing themselves and then expect one of you holed up in a building safe behind shields to run out and save them.

i'm nearly at level 32  and I'm absolutely loving going through the new maps, I think they look absolutely beautiful. In fact it always takes me by surprise how strong the gears universe art design is. It's very easy to dismiss it as another grey, wartorn building type game but the architecture and layout of the levels is absolutely stunning from an artistic standpoint...especially those snowy levels. (I have only just played them)

Totally in love with levelling up in horde  which is a nice addition considering that I thought all of those achievements were locked to me considering I am absolutely not fond of the adversarial stuff but with the newest update I am playing gears 2 with a whole bunch of grind-y passion.

I have not even touched the deleted scene yet!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.