Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

RRoD!!!

TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TomboDemon

man i wish i was joking
    *tear*

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Omega

Man up.

I'm still waiting for mine to be returned. I haven't had the opportunity to play any of the holiday games. Mine broke early October when there wasn't anything being released. Still waiting.

Just do what I'm doing and be patient. I've been going through some of my old ps2/ds/psp pile of shame.

At this moment I'm playing Kingdom hearts 2 and if I dont get my 360 back before I'm finished I'm gonna play Persona 3: FES. So losing your 360 isn't that bad if you have an old console to fall back on.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

That sucks big time.  If only MS could build a reliable console.  Maybe you should get a store warrenty so whenever it breaks down you can just stroll down to the store and replace it.

TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TomboDemon

yeh i guess ill go back to the old original xbox

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Omega said:
    "Man up.

I'm still waiting for mine to be returned. I haven't had the opportunity to play any of the holiday games. Mine broke early October when there wasn't anything being released. Still waiting.

Just do what I'm doing and be patient. I've been going through some of my old ps2/ds/psp pile of shame.

At this moment I'm playing Kingdom hearts 2 and if I dont get my 360 back before I'm finished I'm gonna play Persona 3: FES. So losing your 360 isn't that bad if you have an old console to fall back on."
    Yeah, I used to be on the 360 camp as well until a very crucial moment during the holidays it broke on me. ever since then I have held a grudge to not support them even if it means no XBL and having to settle for PSN. What good is the best console if you can't play it?
    Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    TomboDemon said:
    "man i wish i was joking
    *tear*"
    was it the new 60 gb?
    TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TomboDemon

nah its my old 20gb from day 1,
    its the second time, hopefully they send back a different one

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    TomboDemon said:
    "man i wish i was joking
    *tear*"
    I guess it is becasue of using your 360 for very long hours
    jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By jangofett88
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "That sucks big time.  If only MS could build a reliable console.  Maybe you should get a store warrenty so whenever it breaks down you can just stroll down to the store and replace it."
    Gamestop was doing that for a while until so many people were bringing their 360's back that they were actually losing money rather than making it on the venture and stopped.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    TomboDemon said:
    "nah its my old 20gb from day 1,
    its the second time, hopefully they send back a different one"

Some of the first consoles (2005 shipped ) has a crucial problem around their heat sinks .  

TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TomboDemon
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "TomboDemon said:

Some of the first consoles (2005 shipped ) has a crucial problem around their heat sinks .  

yeh i know the first ones were where the major problems occurred,
    although i havent actually heard that the newer consoles were problem free
    i know theyre surely better, but are there still rrod problems with the new ones?
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM
    jangofett88 said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "That sucks big time.  If only MS could build a reliable console.  Maybe you should get a store warrenty so whenever it breaks down you can just stroll down to the store and replace it."
    Gamestop was doing that for a while until so many people were bringing their 360's back that they were actually losing money rather than making it on the venture and stopped."
    Really?  Damn oh well.  I hate having to send my 360 in, it takes 3 weeks at the least.  One time it actually took 2 months.
    TomboDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TomboDemon
    DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "jangofett88 said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    Gamestop was doing that for a while until so many people were bringing their 360's back that they were actually losing money rather than making it on the venture and stopped."
    Really?  Damn oh well.  I hate having to send my 360 in, it takes 3 weeks at the least.  One time it actually took 2 months."
    im in aus,
    and when i sent it in a week before halo 3, it came back the day before!
    so hopefully it wasnt a one-off and i can get it back fast this time, ill be living the dream if it comes back on friday!
    Is it possible it takes so long in america because of delivery times?
    americas a big place, and the repair place thats near me isnt that far away at all
    pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By pyromaniac
    TomboDemon said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "jangofett88 said:
    "DOUBLESHOCK said:
    Really?  Damn oh well.  I hate having to send my 360 in, it takes 3 weeks at the least.  One time it actually took 2 months."
    im in aus,
    and when i sent it in a week before halo 3, it came back the day before!
    so hopefully it wasnt a one-off and i can get it back fast this time, ill be living the dream if it comes back on friday!
    Is it possible it takes so long in america because of delivery times?
    americas a big place, and the repair place thats near me isnt that far away at all"
    That is a possibility, I think the main 360 repair facility is in Texas or New Mexico or something...that is quite a way off from where I  live; Illinois.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#15  Edited By vigorousjammer

yeah, my 360 red ringed recently, and I had to send it to Texas... I live on long island, thats about as far on the east coast you can get... I don't remember exactly, but I think it took about 2 weeks, maybe a week and a half? overall, it wasn't too bad, cause I played some Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door to fill the time :-)

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By xplodedd
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "TomboDemon said:

Some of the first consoles (2005 shipped ) has a crucial problem around their heat sinks ."

like what? 90%? Some... its a load.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.