Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

seriously futureshop?! ( midnight release story)

DarkHomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DarkHomer

Ah man i just had a bad experience at this futureshop.Sorry this is a wall of text. So this is my first midnight launch since im only 16, and no other game really interested me till this one. Soi went in to the futureshop to pick up gears like many, and their giving out free halo posters. so sweet, one guy gives me 2 because i was the last one there and they didnt need the extra one. by the time i went up to the counter, this really snotty cashier lady snatchs the 2nd poster out of my hand, says 'its only 1 per customer'. So, already i give her dirty looks. Then she asks for ID and since im with my sister there ( she had ID, i did not) she showed her the ID and i went to pay with my money. Then she flat out wouldnt take my money. Saying without any ID she wont give me the game. So My sister has to end up paying for it, i basically yelled at the chick and stormed out of the store. Really...this is terrible service. its too bad too, everyone else there was really nice. I wish i had seen her nametag so i could complain about her in name. But im definately going in tomorow first thing.Ah....

So how was everyone elses midnight launch? things go smoothly?

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

You're sixteen.... you can't legally buy Mature games... she did the right thing as far as not accepting your money. As for the poster bit... that was kind of messed up... shoulda given it to your sister.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

i went to gamestop. they rented two huge tvs and hosted a gears 1vs1 tournament. and did i mention free pizza? i feel strange saying it, but gamestop is providing a useful community service.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo
    DoctorTran said:
    "You're sixteen.... you can't legally buy Mature games... she did the right thing as far as not accepting your money. As for the poster bit... that was kind of messed up... shoulda given it to your sister."
    If they're anything like GS, it's not a big deal. All the cashier has to do is ask to see identification, explain to the person with the ID why it's Mature, and sell the copy once approval is confirmed. It does not matter who gives you the cash.
    DarkHomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarkHomer
    DoctorTran said:
    "You're sixteen.... you can't legally buy Mature games... she did the right thing as far as not accepting your money. As for the poster bit... that was kind of messed up... shoulda given it to your sister."
    yea but, man...just the way she said it...so..disrespectful..pissed me right off.
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OGCartman

Wow thats horrible!!
    I feel bad for you.

McPlated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By McPlated
    DarkHomer said:
    "DoctorTran said:
    yea but, man...just the way she said it...so..disrespectful..pissed me right off."
    Well you still should not of been there in the first place but yea - alot of the people that work retail are usually not wearing a smile.  Then to top it off you have to stay up and work past midnight to deal with some underage kids.  That is no fun.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Cube

I work at Future Shop.

Want to know something cool?

I, as an employee, can be fined $250,000 for selling you a mature game.

Fun facts!

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By destruktive

Here we don't really need to get anything else than a phonecall from the parents to get an approval.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Balls

Yeah, there's another post on the internet somewhere from a Futureshop employee about how some snotty 16 yr old kid tried to buy an M-rated game then even though he got the game and a free poster stormed out of the store like a brat.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

Yeah she was a bitch, but you know man, she has a life as well.. and she has to be there at midnight  to sell a game to a bounch of nerds, how would you feel man!?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Learned your lesson good boy, next time give the cash to your sister in advance.  Or put the cash down and get a fake ID so you can buy games that are out of your age bracket but you can also purchase smokes and liquor haha.

Avatar image for aneternalenigma
    AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

That cashier was doing her job by not selling the game to you. You're not 17 and you are not allowed to purchase an M-rated game. Do you realize how much shit companies can get into these days for selling M-rated games to underaged kids?

I don't see why you're bitching anyways. You got the game. Shut the fuck up and go play it.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By OGCartman
    AnEternalEnigma said:
    "That cashier was doing her job by not selling the game to you. You're not 17 and you are not allowed to purchase an M-rated game. Do you realize how much shit companies can get into these days for selling M-rated games to underaged kids?
    None, absolutely none at all!

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/enforcement.jsp

"

Retailer Support

Although it does not have the legal authority to implement or enforce retailer sales policies with respect to computer and video games
    "
    DarkHomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkHomer
    AnEternalEnigma said:
    "That cashier was doing her job by not selling the game to you. You're not 17 and you are not allowed to purchase an M-rated game. Do you realize how much shit companies can get into these days for selling M-rated games to underaged kids?

I don't see why you're bitching anyways. You got the game. Shut the fuck up and go play it."
    ok, well. i went and played the game. i AM happy about that.  But just the way i was treated, i just needed to get out the anger somehow, and punching anything wouldnt really work out in the end.
    DarkHomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarkHomer
    Balls said:
    "Yeah, there's another post on the internet somewhere from a Futureshop employee about how some snotty 16 yr old kid tried to buy an M-rated game then even though he got the game and a free poster stormed out of the store like a brat."
    thing is though..i didnt run out of the store cussing and yelling like a brat. I just shook my head and walked out. guess i should clarify or something >.<
    And i am pretty sure im allowed to go buy a game if i have parental consent or someone that IS old enough to buy the game with me saying, yes, its ok. could be wrong , but, still.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Cube
    Cartman said:
    "AnEternalEnigma said:
    None, absolutely none at all!

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/enforcement.jsp

"

Retailer Support

Although it does not have the legal authority to implement or enforce retailer sales policies with respect to computer and video games
    "
    "
    At Future Shop, employees can be fined $250,000 for selling M-rated games to anyone under 17.

She did the right thing, unless his sister was 17 or older, in which case the employee just has to point out to the sister that it's M-rated and what that means.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jeffsekai
    DarkHomer said:
    "

Ah man i just had a bad experience at this futureshop.Sorry this is a wall of text. So this is my first midnight launch since im only 16, and no other game really interested me till this one. Soi went in to the futureshop to pick up gears like many, and their giving out free halo posters. so sweet, one guy gives me 2 because i was the last one there and they didnt need the extra one. by the time i went up to the counter, this really snotty cashier lady snatchs the 2nd poster out of my hand, says 'its only 1 per customer'. So, already i give her dirty looks. Then she asks for ID and since im with my sister there ( she had ID, i did not) she showed her the ID and i went to pay with my money. Then she flat out wouldnt take my money. Saying without any ID she wont give me the game. So My sister has to end up paying for it, i basically yelled at the chick and stormed out of the store. Really...this is terrible service. its too bad too, everyone else there was really nice. I wish i had seen her nametag so i could complain about her in name. But im definately going in tomorow first thing.Ah....

So how was everyone elses midnight launch? things go smoothly?

"
    oh shut up
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Babble

What would have happened if you handed your money to your sister and her pay for it?

It would have been interesting if the cashier cared then.

EDIT: Also I would assume they wouldn't let you pay for it yourself because your sister isn't considered a parent. So she could buy it, but she can't give you consent to buy it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Branthog

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Cheetoman

Should have punched her in face. Flat out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.