So yeah. What's your E3 impressions of Gears of War 2?

• 60 results
#1 Posted by drewm135 (215 posts) -

Personally I think this game looks absolutely amazing. I loved the first one and the trailer for Gears of War 2 was definately what I wanted to see from Epic at E3. I can not wait to ride a Brumack. That's just epic right there. But seriously, what are your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -

Im beyond excited for this game. I agree riding a Brumack Will indeed be epic. Im also excited about the whole flame thrower, and pick up a downed locust and using him as cover thing

#3 Posted by Volkodlak (115 posts) -

It certainly looked a lot like Gears of War... and that's a damn good thing too; can't wait to get my grubby hands on it... then chainsaw right through.

#4 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Can't wait, it looks amazing.

#5 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

"Horde" mode looks awesome.

#6 Posted by Valentine (36 posts) -

Looks awesome for sure, loved GOW, heard that they are altering a few things with the online networking to, was a big problem with the original, would be great to see it fixed.

#7 Posted by Surge (12 posts) -

I totally agree, this game looks ridiculously sick.  I personally am pumped for bots b/c one of my biggest problems in Gears 1 was finding a solid multiplayer game with people at my level.  Here's to hoping the bots are scalable.

#8 Posted by Shano (7 posts) -

yeah.. cant wait to actually play the game... hope it explains some of the past events (like how it all began)

#9 Posted by nat (217 posts) -

It looks very very good.
I just hope everything runs smooth

#10 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

It really is turning out to be "Bigger, Badder, and far more Badass". Cant wait to ride a Brumak. :P

#11 Posted by Jared (552 posts) -

I'm very much looking forward to this game, like many of you I enjoyed the first greatly. While I enjoy GOW a lot I felt it was lacking larger boss battles (sure there were a few), GOW2 overall should fill this void with larger enemies and battlefields.

#12 Posted by KiLL3r (100 posts) -

To be honest I was really excited about gears 2 until they showed the demo at the Microsoft Keynote. The game looks better compared to the original game, I can't wait to ride the brumak.

#13 Posted by Tiago (92 posts) -

Looks crazy, in a good way!

#14 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk be honest.  Hulk make mess in purple pants while watching E3 footage.

#15 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

I wish they'd have shown more of the game but i'll definately be picking it up on release date now

#16 Posted by NinjaMunkey (204 posts) -

I am really looking forward to it, the first one was great and as long as they dont change the game too much so will this. Though tbh I am not too bothered about riding the brumack :P

#17 Posted by Archaic (50 posts) -

It looks great but at the end of the day its a slightly more polished Gears of War I don't think its going to rock everyones world like the first.

#18 Posted by Archaic (50 posts) -

It looks great but at the end of the day its a slightly more polished Gears of War I don't think its going to rock everyones world like the first.

#19 Posted by tatpastor (12 posts) -

I think it looks AMAZING if you ask me it will be bigger then Halo 3... i know that is a big task,, but if you ask me it is going to easily happen... i cant wait for this game i aiready have the limited edition version on hold at gamestop.

#20 Posted by GAINAX_AESIR (8 posts) -

I Really can't wait for this game.
Played the hell out of the first and just ordered me a cheap copy of GOW 1 for PC. Got to do something till GOW2 right? XD

#21 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -

Cliff was right, this game is "bigger, better and far more badass than the first game"

#22 Posted by spartan168 (7 posts) -

I cant wait for it...

#23 Posted by Zukzuk (53 posts) -

I was blown away! They ride the lifts sideways in this game....cause the frickin' building collapsed. Awesome!

#24 Posted by Nightkiller93 (174 posts) -

Looks ok i guess pretty similar to Gears 1 in terms of graphics.
On a side not Cliffy B (woops)wasn't even play Gears it was a tape,thats why the first bit was played twice and exactly the same.Good work Cliff.

#25 Posted by stAtic (1638 posts) -

Looked great. I may get this for my bro's 360 if he doesn't.

#26 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

It looks awesome it made me even get more excited for the game .Riding Brumack and Seeders is crazy also shooting crowds of locust is cool and horde sounds amazing. This will be my GOTY.

#27 Posted by JNYR (112 posts) -

I think that game demoed better than any other game at E3, frame rate looked smooth and Epic chose a great level to show off.

#28 Posted by Monty_The_Great (178 posts) -

I am very excited for this game, I have always said I think this is the only game that will rival H3 in terms of sales records. Its gonna be huge.

#29 Posted by NymBomer (17 posts) -

At first I was kinda looking forward to the game but only really saw it as a sequel. Then something (I still have no idea what) at the Microsoft Press Conference made me really excited about the game.

#30 Posted by KnightsofRound (486 posts) -

Definitely looks great.  I can't wait to play it co-op, which is how I played the original.

#31 Edited by FelixLighter (206 posts) -

Before E3 and After E3 Gears 2 was and is my most anticipated game.  It looks amazing and I can't wait to get back into Gears but I was a little disappointed that 4 player campaign coop was not confirmed at the show.

#32 Posted by Roybot (34 posts) -
Monty_The_Great said:
"I am very excited for this game, I have always said I think this is the only game that will rival H3 in terms of sales records. Its gonna be huge.
"
Dude, ever heard of game called Grand Theft Auto IV ?

Anyways! They do a great job running that PR machine over at Microsoft. How can you say no to all those exciting trailers they make. I think this game will be awesome.
#33 Posted by PaulPredator (15 posts) -

As long as host shotty is fixed significantly and not one  glitch on any map. They can do no wrong, lol.

#34 Posted by Equilibria (18 posts) -

Gears 2 looks awesome. It might just push me to buy a 360 along with Fable 2.

#35 Posted by HawkSE (216 posts) -

I'm really excited for this game. My friend and I played the game in co-op 3x. We know NOW the achievements stack. But we played on Casual, Hardcore, and Insane all in one weekend! Not a very long game mind, especially in co-op. But it was fun everytime. I can play that game all the time. I'm sure this game will be the same.

#36 Posted by CuidadoBears (7 posts) -

Looks great, I am hoping for a better party system skill matching system online.

#37 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

looks cool i really want to play that 5 player co-op that is what really got me exicted

#38 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

i was shocked once i saw you could ride a brumak

#39 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Everything that has been shown and said about this game just gets me sooo excited, to me it looks amazing.

#40 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

to me they didnt show enough but still kick ass

#41 Posted by Eonkid (17 posts) -

I bet my arse it's gonna live up to it's predecessor, it looks awsome!

#42 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

The gameplay shown at E3 was pretty good and the announcement of the Horde mode was just icing on the cake.

#43 Posted by joshuapohl (43 posts) -

I loved Gears of War and they have improved everything on so many levels that I can hardly wait.

#44 Posted by TheLark (143 posts) -

Yea its look awesome, but still kinda looks like gears 1.5, but maybe if they flesh out the story ALOT more then im would be quite happy because they have an awesome universe which they aint really took advantage of with allowing you to get close to the characters, the bosses etc then i think the game will really be even better than gears 1 !

#45 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

Before E3 i thought the game looked way to similar to the original, and it put me off a little... But seeing the E3 gameplay changed my mind completely.

I am way excited for this game.

#46 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

The game looks amazing. The online party system is going to be awesome.  Riding the brumak sounds really fun. Maybe there will be a Brumak vs. (can't remember name the spider locust) The entire game looks great, can't wait for November 7

#47 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

it looked absolutly amazing.

#48 Posted by HeavyMetalGamer (21 posts) -

Can't wait to spend all November Playing it :P     

Hope it is longer than the 1st game though

#49 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Looks great, looks better than the original from what i've seen in a gameplay perspective and it just looked really nice graphically. Cant wait for it to be realesed gonna be dope.

#50 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Looks awesome, cant wait

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.