the boomshot = 3 easy kills

#1 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

has epic givin an answer as to why this weapon has 3 shots? even the biggest noob has no problem easily getting 3 kills with it and a lot of the time if you don't have it you lose.  i personally dodge the attack most of the time but whenever i do die by it i feel cheated and can't understand why it has 3 shots instead of 2.

so yea basicly i feel this weapon is 2x more annoying then the easy to avoid chainsaw but what do you all think?

#2 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

aaaaaaah shit , I hate this weapon when it is in Boomer's hands specially on insane mode 

#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I too wish it just had two shots but I don't really think it is over powered. The goal of your team should be to stop them from getting it in the first place.

#4 Posted by bjorno (1412 posts) -

jump and it will miss

#5 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"I too wish it just had two shots but I don't really think it is over powered. The goal of your team should be to stop them from getting it in the first place."
if the goal of the team is to get 1 weapon on the map then that weapon is overpowerd. if it only had 2 shots people wouldn't be going around ramboing knowing they can waste 1 or 2 of them.
#6 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"I too wish it just had two shots but I don't really think it is over powered. The goal of your team should be to stop them from getting it in the first place."
You. You are smart. Seriously, why cant people just stop the other team from getting it in the 1st place?
#7 Posted by Prime20 (168 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
You. You are smart. Seriously, why cant people just stop the other team from getting it in the 1st place?"
QFT

Now that that's out of the way, i think they just gave it a 3rd round so that vets of Gears one can get caught with their pants down. Cause i know ive been killed in Mp rushing anyone with a boomshot once that second round goes off. They weakened the blast radius also so i'd save thats pretty fair.
#8 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -
Prime20 said:
"Pibo47 said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
You. You are smart. Seriously, why cant people just stop the other team from getting it in the 1st place?"
QFT

Now that that's out of the way, i think they just gave it a 3rd round so that vets of Gears one can get caught with their pants down. Cause i know ive been killed in Mp rushing anyone with a boomshot once that second round goes off. They weakened the blast radius also so i'd save thats pretty fair."
you must not play much gears of war 2 then because the boomshot is stronger now especially with AR.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.