This game is good for one thing.

#1 Posted by Davron (5 posts) -

To learn how to NOT fuck up a video game. All future games will have Gears 2 playing on the side, so the developers can do the complete opposite of everything Epic did to break this potentially amazing game.

#2 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

What?

#3 Edited by Karmum (11517 posts) -
Davron said:
"To learn how to NOT fuck up a video game. All future games will have Gears 2 playing on the side, so the developers can do the complete opposite of everything Epic did to break this potentially amazing game."
The opposite? Really? So other developers don't want to create games that will sell millions of copies?
#4 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -

Though I agree with you that Gears 2 is not a good game, I think you're exagerating.

#5 Posted by LiquidPrince (15846 posts) -

Gears 2 was the only reason I bought my 360. Now you're telling me it wasn't worth it? Okay...

#6 Posted by Dewmocracy (58 posts) -

I think the one thing Gears did right, was let you tear through dudes with a chainsaw and make a bloody awesome mess.

#7 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

gow1 make me buy a 360, quit job and play 24/7, gow2 is ewww...like halo2  to halo1, kotor 2 to kotor 1, problalby bioshcok 2 to bioshock 1, second parts are ussualy inferior to the first game for very different reasons.

and yes of course there always be games with great successors

#8 Posted by ez123 (1945 posts) -

I think it's an awesome game but you know what they say about opinions.

#9 Posted by Rio (592 posts) -
ez123 said:
"I think it's an awesome game but you know what they say about opinions."
That they make the world go round?
#10 Posted by halfameatball (118 posts) -

I think they tried to do too much. They could have just taken power away from two piecing by making stopping power an effective tactic to slow people down, instead they turned the shotty into a inconsistent piece of crap. They could have stopped active downs with the sniper just by letting you crawl away from the spot you were downed, instead they took away the power of the sniper rifle. They could have made the game less glitchy and annoying by not using smokes to knock people down or grenades as proximities so people can just camp. I think you all know the list goes on, but I agree, they fucked up Gears and that is because they tried to make to many "improvements".

#11 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -

The sp was fantastic, The match making ruined the Mp for me. This could have been a great game, but it turned out to be more annoying then fun. I dont know why I havent traded in my copy. I have got all the sp achievements, the gears fanboy in me wont let me.

#12 Posted by halfameatball (118 posts) -

I am the same way, probably should not be playing the game, but I keep doing it because I loved the first so much.

#13 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Kratos81 said:
"The sp was fantastic, The match making ruined the Mp for me. ."

Yeah, that about sums it up for me.
#14 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
Rio said:
"ez123 said:
That they make the world go round?"
No, you moron. That they're banned from the internet.
#15 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

I also dislike Gears of Wars to the deep pits in my stone cold heart.

#16 Posted by Rio (592 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"Rio said:
"ez123 said:
That they make the world go round?"
No, you moron. That they're banned from the internet.
"
Thats not how it works, the moron thing totally killed the attempt.  Learn how to play the game right or dont play at all!  
#17 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

It's so cool to hate popular stuff. But you're wrong.

#18 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

post tits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.