Title update 3 - win or fail?

#1 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i am liking this game a lot more now. 2 awesome things stand out for me:

-bots to replace quitters

- a warzone-only playlist

Amazingly 2-piecing never really bothered me, but at least i don't have to watch my teammate flail around hoping to land a melee in sudden death while i cringe and facepalm.

So after 3 updates, i feel they sorta hit the spot... almost, maybe

whatever surely it is better than before!! right?!

#2 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I think it is the very essence of win.

#3 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I won't play 'till later tonight.  So far I like the changes that I've heard of.  Mainly, I'm glad they're making two piecing harder, and have gotten rid of the old ranking system.

#4 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Having bots replace quitters is an excellent idea. 

#5 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Having bots replace quitters is an excellent idea.  "
Yeah it really is, in a game of guardian today 2 of my team quit during the second round and i didn't even notice... lol What they lack in the brains department they make up for by being ridiculously accurate and fast.

#6 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Lag is still very annoying and accompanies many matches.

#7 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

So far its great. Less people are quitting and 2-piecer are getting owned hard.

#8 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"So far its great. Less people are quitting and 2-piecer are getting owned hard."
That they are

It's fun to watch my 2piece loving teammates rage
#9 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -
  1. Smokes are brilliant, what they always should have been
  2. Bots are good
  3. Country preference seems broken, but will reserve judgement for TU3 to populate
Overall though, the whole experience is starting to feel tacked on. Like you can't see what your experience gain was in the game stats after a match, or in your stats at the end of a round. Just in the achievement tracker window in the corner at the end. 

They need to look at this from the top down again and figure out what's important.
#10 Posted by grimmspectre18 (70 posts) -

Yeah the bots are nice, but the lobby system is still a mess and I feel that the kill radius of the chainsaw is too wide now.

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

The bots kick ass in multiplayer, surprisingly. Often times they will do better than half of the team.

#12 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

The chainsaw is still broken. The animations are still sloppy. There are still concussive smoke grenades (massive, epic, game-breaking FAIL).

But the update goes a long way towards fixing this broken game. It's too bad we'll probably have to wait another 6 months and go through 4 more updates before it's where it should have been at launch.

#13 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -
End_Boss said:
The chainsaw is still broken. The animations are still sloppy. There are still concussive smoke grenades (massive, epic, game-breaking FAIL).But ... [more]
Smoke Grenade Don't concuss now Epic Finally changed that.
#14 Posted by Pie (7073 posts) -

I never knew you liked GOW3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.