well the top ranking people once again don't deserve it.

#1 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

everytime i play with someone ranked 2 or whatever in the world they use weapon slide and shield glitch.

i just found it funny how this guy who plays gears all day also cheats to win but then again his weapon slide didn't save him from my shotgun.

#2 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

I didn't think weapon slide was even in Gears 2.  And what exactly is the shield glitch?

#3 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -
mordecaix7 said:
"I didn't think weapon slide was even in Gears 2.  And what exactly is the shield glitch?"
the sheild glitch basicly allows you to use either the boomsheild or a meat shield with whatever weapon you want and its very easy to do.

pretty much every game i go into against people in the 1000-1 range do these and i even had 1 glitch out of the map so he wouldn't get a loss.
#4 Edited by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Yah I just played a game when some one used the shield glitch with the shotgun and me and my friends filed a complaint. And his rank, 3. Such a load of crap.

#5 Posted by Ichi (59 posts) -

'well the top ranking people once again don't deserve it.'

True in all elements of life & existence.

#6 Posted by faustyn (615 posts) -

glitching sucks. but i have to admit that the boomshield one would be pretty sweet in the horde mode ;D

#7 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Great. Gears of War 2 is no longer on my Xmas list, sorry.

#8 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

I haven't seen either of these and I hope it gets fixed before I do, doubtfully

#9 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -
Ichi said:
"'well the top ranking people once again don't deserve it.'

True in all elements of life & existence."

Man that was gold!
#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
toxicEnchiliada said:
"Ichi said:
"'well the top ranking people once again don't deserve it.'

True in all elements of life & existence."

Man that was gold!"
I think I'm going to go cry now...
#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"Great. Gears of War 2 is no longer on my Xmas list, sorry."
No need to apologise.
#12 Posted by Daeth_On_Demand (47 posts) -

People will do anything to stay on top of the rankings...

About the weapon slide, though, is that even really a glitch?  Because it is so easy to do, it almost seems intentional.  It's way easier to do than in the original Gears of War...

Hmm.

#13 Posted by HistoryInRust (6397 posts) -

Goddamn.  Are video games rankings still that significant to people?

I remember back in the days of Halo 2.  Modding was about as pervasive as oxygen.  It almost got to the point where, if you didn't know your fair share of hyper-bounces or three-button-death-combos, you were a liability to the team. 

This is why I wish they would have kept the lobby design from the original Gears of War.  Teaching people the shape of Italy solved many a problem.

#14 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

It can't be as bad as Bad Company when that game still had the humvee glitch. It made multiplayer stink a whole lotta ass.

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

One of the many reasons I don't care about GoW multiplayer, let alone play it.  =  /

#16 Posted by Daeth_On_Demand (47 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"This is why I wish they would have kept the lobby design from the original Gears of War.  Teaching people the shape of Italy solved many a problem."
Those were the good old days...

Actually, it's kind of fun to learn all of the glitches that are still in Gears 2.  I was weapon sliding within two hours of online play, and now people can glitch out of like half of the new maps and whatnot...  It just goes to show that you can spend two years testing a game, but then you give the game to a couple hundred thousand people with nothing better to do, and they'll really test it for you...
#17 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Daeth_On_Demand said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"This is why I wish they would have kept the lobby design from the original Gears of War.  Teaching people the shape of Italy solved many a problem."
Those were the good old days...

Actually, it's kind of fun to learn all of the glitches that are still in Gears 2.  I was weapon sliding within two hours of online play, and now people can glitch out of like half of the new maps and whatnot...  It just goes to show that you can spend two years testing a game, but then you give the game to a couple hundred thousand people with nothing better to do, and they'll really test it for you..."
Yeah for Betas!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.