What is everyone's thoughts on glitching?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by CB (116 posts) -

I despised every kind of glitch on Gears 1 but I know there were people who liked some like weapon-sliding. Your thoughts?

#3 Posted by Leewow (118 posts) -

Weapon Sliding Was Just Stupid, So Was Crab Walking Especially In Ranked Matches

#4 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

It's fun with friends but when people decide to take it one step further into ranked matches it can get a bit frustrating.

#5 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I hate glitchers. Whenver I hosted a game I booted anyone who glitched.

#6 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Same here^

#7 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I never glitch and hate it, the only time I really glitched was when I did a weapon slide but I had no idea how I did it and it was totally by accident.

#8 Posted by Player1 (3851 posts) -

Ya crab walking pissed me off so much. Anyone want to explain what weapon sliding is? I never understood it. 

#10 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

I only knew one glitch and it was on RavenDown I think? You like tumbled into a pick up truck, and it would teleport your to the nearest enemy...

#11 Posted by ThePainkiller (39 posts) -

weapon sliding was just annoying, but all the rest just completely piss me off especially in ranked matches.

#12 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I completely and openly support glitching, it adds variety and depth to the multiplayer game.

I think everybody hated weapon sliding, OP.

#13 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

i use to love messing around with em but usally there pointless not even fun.

#14 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I despise glitchers.

#15 Posted by oWarlock360o (199 posts) -
CB said:
"I despised every kind of glitch on Gears 1 but I know there were people who liked some like weapon-sliding. Your thoughts?
"
showd it on halo to my 10 year old cousin, and he hasnt done anything else ever since (pisses me the fuck off)
#16 Posted by Disclaim3r (116 posts) -

Gears is all about risk, and using cover, so the weapon sliding was just flying in the face of that.

Glitching in general is lame anyway.

#17 Posted by mawfu (84 posts) -

Glitching with friends is fun sometime. Running out of the board is not . Weapon sliding to prevent a friend from camping the weapon for a free headshot is funny.  Chainsaw glitching is funny but the key is not have a unfair advantage with it.  In general though I don't like glitches that give you any advantage.

#18 Posted by Kane (317 posts) -

Hey, if the devs missed it, use it, as far as im concered your supposed to use it  if its there

#19 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -
Kane said:
"Hey, if the devs missed it, use it, as far as im concered your supposed to use it  if its there
"
"It's ok to cheat or steal because I can".
#20 Posted by IxRyanRitterxI (127 posts) -

i love glitching in player matches. and if some 1 pisses me off in ranked then i back flip outa the map to make evryone quit. xD

#21 Posted by FleaFive (20 posts) -

Weapon sliding annoys me a bit, especially on mansion when someone just slides through and grabs the boomshot (you can easily take someone down with a lancer if they aren't sliding).

#23 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
Leewow said:
"Weapon Sliding Was Just Stupid, So Was Crab Walking Especially In Ranked Matches
"
Why did you capitalize every word?

Well, glitching is bad in any game, not matter what. Even that wavedashing or whatever you call it in SSBM was a bit much
#25 Posted by IxRyanRitterxI (127 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"IxRyanRitterxI said:
"i love glitching in player matches. and if some 1 pisses me off in ranked then i back flip outa the map to make evryone quit. xD"
You are one of the people that destroyed Gears of War's multiplayer."

you are a person who needs to get a life and stop compaining about a dumb glitch. get over it. evry game has glitches.
#26 Posted by ROWD (129 posts) -
IxRyanRitterxI said:
"SpikeSpiegel said:
"IxRyanRitterxI said:
"i love glitching in player matches. and if some 1 pisses me off in ranked then i back flip outa the map to make evryone quit. xD"
You are one of the people that destroyed Gears of War's multiplayer."

you are a person who needs to get a life and stop compaining about a dumb glitch. get over it. evry game has glitches."
Ummmmm no he is right.....
#27 Posted by Psytek (174 posts) -

I like the ones that let you get to funny places on maps, but I only do stuff like that on servers who want to mess around with it.

#29 Edited by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk hate glitches that allow players to get out of map.  Hulk hate not being able to play Subway because puny human glitchers always glitch out every round and force a draw or make annex matches boring.

Hulk also got sick of the chainsaw glitch era very fast and Hulk was glad when it was patched and made more difficult to pull off.

#30 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

I don't mind most glitching, but when people ran off the map to hide in a ranked match, I would get pretty peeved. Doing that is just a waste of time.

#31 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

I hate glitchers, ruines the whole game, score, fun, etc.

#32 Posted by zmf (50 posts) -

I remember one time when I killed the whole remainder of the enemy team with my shotgun and was accused of Crab Walking... I still don't even know how to Crab walk!

#33 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

As long as they don't do it in ranked I'm fine with it.

#34 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Homer said:
"As long as they don't do it in ranked I'm fine with it."
When it is done in player matches it can also get annoying too though. Depends on the situation I guess.
#35 Posted by YourEvilTwin67 (22 posts) -

ok i think that glitching is fine as long as its not on a ranked match but only small glitches like crab walking and weapon sliding  the kung-fu  flip is retarded and i hate people that do it

#36 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

I hate in games, over any death OMG U GLITCHZ!

#37 Posted by mjwickstrom1 (186 posts) -

Glitching is GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 Edited by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
YourEvilTwin67 said:
"ok i think that glitching is fine as long as its not on a ranked match but only small glitches like crab walking and weapon sliding  the kung-fu  flip is retarded and i hate people that do it
"
Glitching in general is pretty stupid. People should play the game as it was meant to be played, not by abusing glitches.
#39 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

Glitching is for achievement whores and people who want to ruin everyone's fun.  Achievement whore definition= someone who fails or does not feel contempt with their life so they glitch, button mash or use a games exploit to get  a bigger number next to their name which temporarily raises their low self esteem.

#40 Posted by CapnOmaley (787 posts) -

HATE glitches!!! but swordcancelling in halo 2 was fun

#41 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
HoNgKoNgPh0oEy said:
"Glitching is for achievement whores and people who want to ruin everyone's fun.  Achievement whore definition= someone who fails or does not feel contempt with their life so they glitch, button mash or use a games exploit to get  a bigger number next to their name which temporarily raises their low self esteem."
Not all achievement whore are glitchers. My friend has a gamerscore over 10k but hates glitchers.
#42 Posted by AlexB (1023 posts) -

It ruins the game basically. I can handle weapon slide, but everything else is just rediculous. I hate the little pricks who flip out of the map and make you wait the entire time.

#43 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

glitching is a piss off any time

#44 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Gltiching is really and ass hole thing to do, i really dont mind it if you and some friends are doing it in a private match, but in ranked and player matches it doesnt belong.

#45 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"It was fun to mess around with friends, kind of like Halo 2, but people that used it in rank matches with other people deserve to die.
"
QFT.  Glitches don't belong in ranked gameplay.
#46 Posted by Aaron89 (95 posts) -

I hate glitches in Gears of War, especially in Ranked Matches. With friends it's not so bad, like chainsawing yourself for everyone's enjoyment. But that's as far as it should go.

#47 Posted by TOYBOXX (310 posts) -

Maybe I'm wrong but at one time wasn't there moderators that overseen all the games on Xbox Live?

#48 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -
SpikeSpiegel said:
"Player1 said:
"Ya crab walking pissed me off so much. Anyone want to explain what weapon sliding is? I never understood it. "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KR0bXXCErs

Ask and you shall receive. :-)
"
Thanks. I was wondering too. I hate people that glitch in real games though, especially in ranked ones.
#49 Posted by Bonzi2387 (45 posts) -
#50 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Bonzi2387 said:
"

I think there should be some kind of monitoring system for it. I don't know how you'd do that but if they coul dit would save alot of peoples time.

"
Yeah but I don't think they'd be able to pull off something like that. It would be an excellent addition though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.