What will you do when you get the game?

• 77 results
#1 Posted by L (1681 posts) -

Will you jump into the campaign (at what difficulty) or go into the multiplayer? For me, it will be the campaign. As much as I love the multiplayer, I feel I would get a better grip of the title by going through the campaign at least once.

#2 Posted by JNYR (112 posts) -

I would play the campaign for a couple of hours and then try some multiplayer with my friends.

#3 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

play through the campaign then straight to multiplayer.

#4 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

Co-op story, then i'll check out horde, then multiplayer.

#5 Posted by Frostmane (56 posts) -

Maybe start the campaign solo but most likely Coop on Hardcore. Or just do Insane first this time. Though I may have to play through twice to get the Dom achievements (if there are any). Yeah. Campaign for life.

#6 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

I'll jump into co-op with my brother on hardcore.

After we beat the game [probably the next day or the day after], we'll most likely try the campaign again on insane.

#7 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

I have to start the campaign first, then I'll jump online and start roasting some asses.

PS... The Flamethrower is going to dominate all!

#8 Posted by Eonkid (17 posts) -

./lifequit
./gow2startup
./playtilyourdead

#9 Posted by TheSnakeOfWar (72 posts) -

Ill start the campiagn on Insane then i will do horde mode and then multiplayer

#10 Posted by Roybot (34 posts) -

Probably co-op campaign on "casual" then move on to try out "horde" then a second run of the campaign but on a harder difficulty.

#11 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -

First priority. Beat campaign twice so I get a feel for controls and know the story.

#12 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I will play through the campaign with a friend.

#13 Posted by Player1 (3868 posts) -

Drive to gamespot after school and get my LE. The pick up my friend. Then play co-op campaign...probably on hardcore until we beat it. Only one break aloud for food.

haha it will be so fun

#14 Posted by Player1 (3868 posts) -
TheSnakeOfWar said:
"Ill start the campiagn on Insane then i will do horde mode and then multiplayer"

You have to unlock insane, by playing hardcore I think. If I remember right you do.
#15 Posted by Alex_V (615 posts) -

I will probably load it up and play it. Probably won't stop playing it for the first couple of hours. Then bed.

#16 Posted by Zaxex (586 posts) -

Co-op campaign on their equivilent of medium most likely. Or solo if my friend can't get the game day 1 lol. Then most likely the lure of online will rear it's head.

#17 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

co-op with my friend and then we go own in multiplayer

#18 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Do the campaign on Hardcore, then do it on the hardest setting over co-op with my best friend. I'm not a fan of competitive multiplayer besides racers, but I might try it out if I get some buddies along with me.

#19 Posted by alterbridge9 (48 posts) -

Take a month off uni!

#20 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Play through the single player go to GB to post my thoughts and then start playing multiplayer.

#21 Posted by darthzew (304 posts) -

I'll probably play through the campaign in one sitting with only potty and potato chip breaks. 

#22 Posted by Aaron_G (1615 posts) -

Cry at its site, and then start playing ;)

#23 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I'll play campaign on the hardest setting, and then move to multiplayer.

#24 Edited by VerizonWarrior (9 posts) -

I'll try the codes first so I get through the story, then play at my leisure to really soak the game in!

#25 Posted by ThumbsUpMaster (6 posts) -

I'll start out by playing single player but knowing my friends, I'll be invited to a multiplayer match a few minutes after I start campaign.

#26 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

Co op on insane with my friend, we beat Gears 1 on insane in like 7 maybe 8 hours.

#27 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I'll jump straight into multiplayer with a bunch of friends. I'll start the campaign the next day.

#28 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I'll jump into campaign and do the first level and then straight off to multiplayer.

#29 Posted by akskiller (72 posts) -

Play co op with a buddy in SP. Then off to online multiplayer!

#30 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Do Co-op with my buddy.

#31 Posted by optimusprime223 (399 posts) -

always the campaign first, I love the story in alot of games so I complete that first then move into multiplayer, if i do at all...

#32 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

somewhere between "jizz all over the case" and  "brush my teeth".

#33 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

If my friends all get it on launch then probably multiplayer, if not then I'll go solo with campaign. I hate playing GOW multiplayer by myself, worst community in gaming.

#34 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

I would either play Singleplayer Co-op with a friend, or I would jump into an AI Bot match and shoot some dudes. I <3 Bots! :]

#35 Posted by joshuapohl (43 posts) -

I will probably start off playing some multiplayer and then some campaign. :-D

#36 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I will check out the new multiplayer features for myself ... Then i will dive into the campaign

#37 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I will check out the new multiplayer features for myself ... Then i will dive into the campaign

#38 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Multiplayer first, that's how I am.

#39 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -
L said:
"Will you jump into the campaign (at what difficulty) or go into the multiplayer? For me, it will be the campaign. As much as I love the multiplayer, I feel I would get a better grip of the title by going through the campaign at least once.
"
I always go through the campaign first before I start the multiplayer. I will probably play it on whatever setting is medium or normal. Hopefully Gears 2 will be a little more challenging than Gears 1.
#40 Posted by Leewow (118 posts) -

Injure Myself In Multiplayer So I Can Crawl Around And Have A Criple Fight With Someone

#41 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

I usually always play the story mode a game before multiplayer so I will probably do that. 

#42 Posted by Brickz187 (6 posts) -

I would probally jump str8 into the multiplayer with all my friends. I usually play the campaign firdt, but this is Gears 2, multiplayer is where it's at.

#43 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Ill play online first now

#44 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Well first off, I would find someway to steady my breathing and calm myself from the extreme excitement. Then I will flip through all of the menus and screens, as well as watching the idle trailer at least once. Then I will hop straight into the campaign and I refuse to touch multiplayer until I beat the campaign.

#45 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Possibly take a few days off work and play through the campaign with a mate. Then off to multiplayer ;)

#46 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I'll do what I do with every game, play through the campaign and then play multiplayer.

#47 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

Play through campaign on hardcore to get used to controls and everything, then hop on to some co-op or multiplayer

#48 Posted by DeathStar (253 posts) -

I cant play online =( so strait to the campaign on hard core .

#49 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Don't know if I said this before but I play multiplayer.

#50 Posted by TheBigTicket (41 posts) -

i'll probably co-op with my roommate

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.