which map do you think is becoming the "gridlock" of gears 2?

#1 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

u know, the most original map that doesn't have anything particularly startling about it but works very well and is very balanced.. my vote would probably go to paviollion or avalanche as they have the best mix of close quaters battle and long range lancer/hammerburst fights as well as relying heavily but not too heavily (stasis syndrome) on map control

Day one is also pretty good

#2 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

I like playing on Pavilion and Jacinto.

#3 Posted by Fosssil (627 posts) -

Probably Pavilion or Blood Drive. I'm not a big fan of the "gimmick" maps, but without the avalanche, I'd say Avalanche too.

#4 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Fosssil said:
"Probably Pavilion or Blood Drive. I'm not a big fan of the "gimmick" maps, but without the avalanche, I'd say Avalanche too."
yeah same here. gimmicks simply do not make a good map - clever design does
#5 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

River is the new Gridlock for me.

#6 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"Fosssil said:
"Probably Pavilion or Blood Drive. I'm not a big fan of the "gimmick" maps, but without the avalanche, I'd say Avalanche too."
yeah same here. gimmicks simply do not make a good map - clever design does"

I take it you're talking about stuff like the security beams and the ice hail?
Yea, those are so freaking annoying and dumb.   Good for a back box detail listing but not fun for gameplay.
#7 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"Fosssil said:

Yea, those are so freaking annoying and dumb.   Good for a back box detail listing but not fun for gameplay."

I hate the Hail map, Security as well. Security is only fun when you are playing Horde.
#8 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

River.

It's the most played map, and most people seem to really like it.

#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Day One seems to be a pretty balanced map.

#10 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Verdugo said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"crunchUK said:
"Fosssil said:

Yea, those are so freaking annoying and dumb.   Good for a back box detail listing but not fun for gameplay."

I hate the Hail map, Security as well. Security is only fun when you are playing Horde."

I love security. not because of the laser beams but because theres so little cover and people STILL try to use the shotgun.. fish in a barrel.

People just smoke grenade glitch under the beams anyway
#11 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

teh bUmp

#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

River its one of the most played maps.

#13 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i don't like river. nobody helps me get the mortar on my team then we just get destroyed because the other team got it

#14 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i don't like river. nobody helps me get the mortar on my team then we just get destroyed because the other team got it

#15 Posted by voghan (43 posts) -

I think River and Blood Drive are the maps I seem to end up playing the most.   I like Blood Drive a little more but I think River will be  the next Gridlock.

#16 Posted by Gorillawhat (1260 posts) -

Whoah, people can play Gears 2? I was under the impression it was as broken as every plate at a greek wedding.

#17 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Day One seems to be a pretty balanced map."
I agree, probably my favorite map in Gears 2, excluding the older maps.
#18 Posted by ROWD (129 posts) -

I don't really care for any of the new maps, but I guess I'd say River.

#19 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

River

#20 Posted by Morris (106 posts) -

Considering the flashback map-pack, you could say gridlock is the gridlock of Gears 2. But for me its river, somethings about the design, i would say avalanche too.

#21 Posted by KivviJuice (18 posts) -

River is the most played

#22 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

River.  Avalanche and pavillion are pretty good too.  Day One is garbage in tdm games and hella annoying on submission. 

#23 Posted by Link06 (19 posts) -

Blood Drive is the best.

#24 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

My vote goes to Blood Drive, but I imagine River or possibly Pavilion could also take it. I just don't like the latter two because they both have an excess of power weapons on them. Blood Drive is nicely balanced that way (as was Gridlock).

#25 Posted by darfvader (10 posts) -

blood drive and river

#26 Posted by halfameatball (118 posts) -

Blood Drive for sure. I really enjoy the map, and even though I enjoy Ruins and Jacinto just as much I think that Blood Drive is the most popular amongst the people I play with.

#27 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

I would say Jacinto or Blood Drive

#28 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Gridlock is the new Gridlock.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.