Who's gettin axed?

• 65 results
#1 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

Who do you think is getting killed off in this one? I'd bet Carmine gets it in the head again and I think it would be cool for Dom to die then his wife become a member of Delta Squad in the sequel.

#2 Posted by Charles (90 posts) -

I think is wife will be dead when they get to her or they will get to her and then she will get killed. 

#3 Posted by Shadz (200 posts) -

I'm going to say Carmine dies in the same exact way, lol.

#4 Posted by Player1 (3892 posts) -

haha that would be sooo funny if carmine makes like a triumphant comeback...somehow living. And in the cutscence when hes beings reunited with the squad and hiding locust shoots him in the head with a pistiol...right and hes about to hug marcus.

But back to the topic. I dont think dom or his wife will die...seeing thats the main part of the story. Unless Gears pulls a really sad story. Which I dont see them doing. I hope Baird dies. Does anybody really like his constant bickering?

#5 Posted by spartan168 (7 posts) -

''I hope Baird dies'' oh yes please!

#6 Edited by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

What if Cole Train dies only to be reborn like a phoenix as the Amazing Asian Chang.

#7 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

Dizzy fo sho

#8 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

dom

#9 Posted by Shadow2K6 (381 posts) -
Player1 said:
"haha that would be sooo funny if carmine makes like a triumphant comeback...somehow living. And in the cutscence when hes beings reunited with the squad and hiding locust shoots him in the head with a pistiol...right and hes about to hug marcus.

But back to the topic. I dont think dom or his wife will die...seeing thats the main part of the story. Unless Gears pulls a really sad story. Which I dont see them doing. I hope Baird dies. Does anybody really like his constant bickering? "

If Baird dies then the only humor left would be Cole Train and we can't have that can we.  Plus everyone knows Baird is the real brains behind the team.  I'm guess it will be Carmine again in the same way as the first game or Dom when he finally finds his wife.
#10 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

marcus/dom wont die since the game has co-op and dom has to be there.

Baird / carmine/ general hoffman / Anya / Dizzy / face tattoo dude are gonna DIE

#11 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Face tattoo dude looks big and badass, not sure he would be killed off. Probably carmine in my opinion.

#12 Edited by ROWD (129 posts) -

After watching the latest trailer it looks like Dom. That would definitely create the emotion they say will exist.

#13 Posted by Roybot (34 posts) -

Maybe he (Dom) wont die, but something bad will happen to him, taken away by the locust.. thats my guess.

#14 Posted by Sharvie (93 posts) -

I hope it's Dom. I think he is completely pointless.

#15 Posted by DazbotAthertron (874 posts) -
Sharvie said:
"I hope it's Dom. I think he is completely pointless.
"
I liked Dom, he was my MP character lol...

Phoenix should get canned...
#16 Posted by rerty (105 posts) -

For some reason I remember hearing this game was 4 player coop in which case I don't think anyone will get killed off. Unless a team member gets replaced or something? Just a thought .

#17 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

Marcus will die, I know it.

#18 Posted by Player1 (3892 posts) -
DARKIDO07 said:
"Marcus will die, I know it.
"
Your joking right? Hes not the main character or anything. Or the person they build the game around. Sorry I dont mean to disagree...just wholeheartly disagree
#19 Posted by Nemesis (317 posts) -

I'm going to have to say Dom's wife. I originally might of guessed Dom himself would die but he is just to important of a character to kill off. I rather not have any of the major characters die though, but we all know at least one is going to.

#20 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

I want Hoffman to die because I don't like him that much but Dom's wife will probably die.

#21 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
Player1 said:
"DARKIDO07 said:
"
Your joking right? Hes not the main character or anything. Or the person they build the game around. Sorry I dont mean to disagree...just wholeheartly disagree
"
No I'm not, I can see Marcus dieing in this game and then you playing as Dom in the third.
#22 Edited by Player1 (3892 posts) -
DARKIDO07 said:
"Player1 said:
"DARKIDO07 said:
"
"
No I'm not, I can see Marcus dieing in this game and then you playing as Dom in the third.
"
Ok well possibly. Dom does seem to play a big role in this game. Maybe they are giving him a big back story to prepare for making him the main character in the 3rd. I see you thinking
#23 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Marcus, i just have a feeling about it

#24 Posted by joshuapohl (43 posts) -

One of the trailer lead me to belive that Dom dies.

I agree with everyone, Carmine should get shot in the head again. haha

#25 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I really think Dominic Santiago will get it. I don't really want him to, but I think he might. I mean, Carmine will probably get it again too, then everybody in multiplayer matches will play as him and take vengeance out on everybody, haha.

#26 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
joshuapohl said:
"

"
Carmine should become the next Kenney.
#27 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
joshuapohl said:
"

"
Carmine should become the next Kenney.
#28 Posted by Player1 (3892 posts) -

You guys do realize that the Demo Cliff was playing was 3/4 into the game. So Marucs and Dom are still alive at that point. I guess the ending could be one of them dieing though. I see realisticly One of the side characters dieing. Baird, Cole, or maybe one of the new guys. 

Or everyone lives....and everyones happy!
#29 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -

If Marcus dies at the end, then they should really pull of an epic ending to Gears 2, because though I'm not a big fan of Marcus, it wouldn't be the same without him.

I think Cole will die, after saving Dom's wife, who also eventually dies.

#30 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I always assumed from hearing that Carmine was coming back, that he was returning just to be killed off again. I don't think any of main characters will, or should, die unless it's really crucial to the plot.

#31 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
samcotts said:
"If Marcus dies at the end, then they should really pull of an epic ending to Gears 2, because though I'm not a big fan of Marcus, it wouldn't be the same without him.

I think Cole will die, after saving Marcus' wife, who also eventually dies.
"
Don't you mean Dom's wife?
#32 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
Blu_Magic said:
"samcotts said:
"If Marcus dies at the end, then they should really pull of an epic ending to Gears 2, because though I'm not a big fan of Marcus, it wouldn't be the same without him.

I think Cole will die, after saving Marcus' wife, who also eventually dies.
"
Don't you mean Dom's wife?
"
Yeah sorry, meant Doms.

Edited.
#33 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Dom and his wife.

#34 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I think everyone is going to die at the hands of Raptor Jesus.

But seriously, probably will be Dom's wife.

#35 Posted by FleaFive (20 posts) -

I hope they have Kim back for multiplayer!

#37 Posted by bjorno (1433 posts) -

Aries dies.

#38 Posted by Hulk (428 posts) -

Hulk go out on limb and say no one die, but hinting at character death is just good marketing ploy by Epic. 

#39 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Marcus =S

#40 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Baird, please.

#41 Posted by Clean (2359 posts) -

I think shocker alert Marcus will die

#42 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Clean said:
"I think shocker alert Marcus will die"
Why would they kill off the main character when it's going to be a trilogy?
#43 Edited by Systech (4078 posts) -
Charles said:
"I think is wife will be dead when they get to her or they will get to her and then she will get killed. "
Same. That way they can get this whole Marcus/Dom Brokeback Mountain thing going for the third game. By the way, samcotts, Cole can't die! That would totally perpetuate the whole "Black guy dies first stereotype".
#44 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
Riddler said:
"

Baird / carmine/ general hoffman / Anya / Dizzy / face tattoo dude are gonna DIE

"
Baird will never die, I promise you that.
#45 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Shawn said:
"Riddler said:
"

"
Baird will never die, I promise you that."
Unless you're Cliffy, I doubt you can promise anything like that.
#46 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

General Hoffman should die.

#47 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
Blu_Magic said:
"Shawn said:
"Riddler said:
"

"
Unless you're Cliffy, I doubt you can promise anything like that."
Well, if he dies, I'll be pretty upset :(
#48 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
Shawn said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Shawn said:
"Riddler said:
"

"
Unless you're Cliffy, I doubt you can promise anything like that."
Well, if he dies, I'll be pretty upset :("
Same here. He's a douchebag but at least he's funny, unlike Colonel Hoffman. He's just an asshole.
#49 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I bet Marcus is going to die.

#50 Edited by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"I bet Marcus is going to die."
You'd lose that bet....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.