Wow, talk about stealing form Halo

• 81 results
#51 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
i told you so. 
#52 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
Captain_Fookup said:
"Kid, next attempt to stir up trouble in favor of your precious Master Chief try posting topics in the Halo orientated forums. That way you'll have at least one person agree with your thread, thus making a complete ass of yourself on the interwebs reduced to a minimum."
He had a perfectly legitimate point to begin with.  He just sort of, ya know, went crazy after that....
#53 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Halo 1=master chief turns over a tank easily infact he can do it often in multiplayer and with warthogs 2.
halo 2-does the same thing he can flip over a half ton warthog, or 5 ton scropian tank.
halo 3- he can still do these things but is incapable of lugging around a 200 or so pound gatling gun/rocket pod."
Master Chief can also flip an Elephant too i Halo 3.
#54 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Halo 1=master chief turns over a tank easily infact he can do it often in multiplayer and with warthogs 2.
halo 2-does the same thing he can flip over a half ton warthog, or 5 ton scropian tank.
halo 3- he can still do these things but is incapable of lugging around a 200 or so pound gatling gun/rocket pod."
Surely there's a difference between flipping something over and carrying something at an awkward angle that recoils?
#55 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
Surely there's a difference between flipping something over and carrying something at an awkward angle that recoils?"

Considering that the gun is mounted on the warthog, you would have to assume that the warthog is significantly heavier than the gun. That being said, the fact that he can flip-rather, he can toss the warthog and barely hold onto the gun is...jarring.
#56 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
Surely there's a difference between flipping something over and carrying something at an awkward angle that recoils?"

Considering that the gun is mounted on the warthog, you would have to assume that the warthog is significantly heavier than the gun. That being said, the fact that he can flip-rather, he can toss the warthog and barely hold onto the gun is...jarring."
Of course, but i'm thinking more in terms of positioning than weight. He's just grabbing this warthog and basically throwing it, but the heavy weapons seem to have awkwardly placed grips on them meaning that's most likely the reason he walks slow rather than the weight. But what the fuck, i'm trying to apply sense where there obviously is none. I'll have to get onto Bungie Studios about this.
#57 Edited by matnatz (4 posts) -

Hey I kinda agree with you HandsomeDead. Ever tried carrying an empty cardboard box that is a weird shape?

#58 Posted by matnatz (4 posts) -

Hehe, the Spiker is just a Gears weapon manufactured by Mattel instead lol :P

#59 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Seeing as Halo is the best game ever, I can see why they did. =D

#60 Posted by pause422 (6243 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
"Seeing as Halo is the best game ever, I can see why they did. =D"
right......
#61 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Jayge said:
"
HALO INVENTED VIDEOGAMES, RIGHT?
"
I have missed failboat! <3
#62 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
brukaoru said:
"Jayge said:
"
HALO INVENTED VIDEOGAMES, RIGHT?
"
I have missed failboat! <3"
He still lurks... always waiting...
#63 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Gorillawhat said:
right......"
haha pause 442 is about to rage
#64 Posted by Kazona (3096 posts) -

I don't care who stole what idea from who. What matters is they're both great games, and that's it.

#65 Edited by FloggerD (28 posts) -

Halo stole from a lot of different titles. Ever heard of  the movie Universal Soldier? Its about a revived VIetnam Vet who comes back from the dead as part of a military expirement in the not to distant future. Halo is a ripoff. They steal left and right. Duel wielding guns in a little game called Goldeneye 64 which is still the best console FPS ever! Perfect Dark 64 is better than Halo: Combat Evolved in my opinion.

#66 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

Lets face it, a lot of games and even movies alike borrow concepts or looks from each other. Depending on where they take place and how the story would progress. And frankly I think it's how they present their own content rather than who did it first, unless its hardware based  :P

#67 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -
SmugDarkLoser said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"fail

sorry i had to say it
"

So you don't see any parrellels between the two? 
Wow."
This is indeed a fail. Maybe inspiration. But no carbon copies.
#68 Posted by BreatheEasy (144 posts) -

Halo borrowed from games, games borrow from games, they evolve. Halo wasn't the first FPS, dude.

#69 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
caption
#70 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Let alone that the concepts in halo are old, Infact done before even before the concepts that people have put forth in this thread, the ringworld book is nothing new ringworlds have been thought of as a possibility long before that book came out so the fact there is a book doesn't mean its plagerism.

P.S: as well the Gravemind does not control the flood he is the flood, there was no gravemind on the delta halo ring because the flood has just been released, the flood on the alpha halo ring i believe has a gravemind because the flood have been on that ring fighting with the machines on the ring trying to get off that ring for a very very very long time, The gravemind it seems being the end result a super intelegence so as to benefit the goals of the flood and that is to reproduce, something that takes a while to do since the gravemind has to be grown from the looks of things.

P.P.S: yes the tanks and such are heavy and hes just lifting them up, but this tends to lean towards the fact that he should be able to lift the weight of gatling guns, and rocket pods regardless of akward gripping of said weapons this should mean he wouldn't be able to fire them affectively not that they would slow him to a crawl if he can lift a tank or elephant transport with a burst of strenght though it doesn't seem a burst of strenght since he just casually flips it over in the end, he should be able to walk with them without a slowing of his walking speed, jumping? thats a all together other story but akward grips on the weapon would explain bad aiming or hard to aim not slowing of speed.

#71 Posted by PerryVandell (2109 posts) -

Really? Who cares? So a vehicle and a gun look similar from games that are both shooters. It's strange that people are still acting like this is some new thing. Yes some games a have a few similarities, however as long as it's not a complete rip-off then it's fine. oh, and lulz on pic by Thrawn so perfect...

#72 Posted by John (828 posts) -

Never played a halo game, so would not know. heh

#73 Posted by doc362 (1 posts) -

I agree with the previous response. Halo stole more from Tribes than any other game could ever steal from Halo.. and Halo still didn't turn out anywhere near the caliber of Tribes.. so someone should just nuke this entire thread :D

#74 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

Uggh. Why does this topic still exist?

#75 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

OH MY GOD!  They both have big vehicles.  And pistols!  AND ENEMIES WITH HUNCHBACKS!?  OH MY GOD THEY COPIED EVERYTHING! (sarchasm)

#76 Posted by KamasamaK (2409 posts) -

Waaahh, everyone's copying everyone else!

OMG, Microsoft totally copied PlayStation!
#77 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
Kamasama said:
"Waaahh, everyone's copying everyone else!

OMG, Microsoft totally copied PlayStation!
"
Rofl my fucking waffle- that made made me laugh
#78 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

Good artists copy. Great artists steal. - Pablo Picasso

Not to say that everybody who steals is a great artist though...

#79 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

^^^ kamasama that was pure epicness

anyway i am kind of sick of seeing this thread for some reason 0_o

#80 Posted by xMadR3ap3rx (3 posts) -

not really...
the elephant and derrick do look a like and also the guns look somewhat similar but thats about it
also about slowing down with the bigger guns, thats kind of common sense, if your going to pick up something heavier your probably not going to be able to move as fast

#81 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

I'm a big Halo fan and I wouldn't call what Epic did stealing from Bungie at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.