zomg

#1 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
#2 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i have no idea what happened to the original title

Anyway it's DECISION time. I pikc hammerburst all the time myself because it's so crazy powerful, you can pretty much own anything at mid range, and because not many people seem to appreciate it online so of course they are always taken aback at the speed with which they got downed. Lancer feels like a pea shooter in comparison, even though it has a chainsaw.

I lol at shotgun whores complaining that the chainsaw has no "skill", when the shotgun had a giant dinner plate sized reticule which you have the laborious task of moving on top of a giant, slow moving enemy, from a distance of 2 inches. Pick up a sniper or a hammerburst if you want to preach about skill

#3 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Lancer has the incredibly overpowered chainsaw.
But as a gun, the hammerburst is far more satisfying.

#4 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

LANCER! VRRRRRRRRR!

#5 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I mainly used Lancer the entire game, just for the fact it has a chainsaw

#6 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

noooo mah choice iz loooooosin

#7 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

noooo mah choice iz loooooosin

#8 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

Lancer.

#9 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"I lol at shotgun whores complaining that the chainsaw has no "skill", when the shotgun had a giant dinner plate sized reticule which you have the laborious task of moving on top of a giant, slow moving enemy, from a distance of 2 inches. Pick up a sniper or a hammerburst if you want to preach about skill"
So you've moved on from elitist Halo douchebag to elitist Gears 2 douchebag?
#10 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
crunchUK said:
I lol at shotgun whores complaining that the chainsaw has no "skill", when the shotgun had a giant dinner plate sized reticule which you have the laborious task of moving on top of a giant, slow moving enemy, from a distance of 2 inches. Pick up a sniper or a hammerburst if you want to preach about skill"
Ah, but the chainsaw takes no skill. At least with the shotgun, you can kill people from mid range or stun them if you know what you're doing. Chainsaw, it's just hold down b button, push left stick forward, and pray.
#11 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
I lol at shotgun whores complaining that the chainsaw has no "skill", when the shotgun had a giant dinner plate sized reticule which you have the laborious task of moving on top of a giant, slow moving enemy, from a distance of 2 inches. Pick up a sniper or a hammerburst if you want to preach about skill"
Ah, but the chainsaw takes no skill. At least with the shotgun, you can kill people from mid range or stun them if you know what you're doing. Chainsaw, it's just hold down b button, push left stick forward, and pray."
I'm just saying if people weren't so intent on using a shotgun there'd be no reason to complain
#12 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
atejas said:
"crunchUK said:
Ah, but the chainsaw takes no skill. At least with the shotgun, you can kill people from mid range or stun them if you know what you're doing. Chainsaw, it's just hold down b button, push left stick forward, and pray."
I'm just saying if people weren't so intent on using a shotgun there'd be no reason to complain
#13 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

How about the Hammersaw? That isn't an option? Fuck. Even though I use the Lancer more (perhaps I'm just lazy to switch weapons before the match starts), I do prefer the Hammerburst over the Lancer. What is more satisfying? Headshotting somebody with a hammerburst, or cutting them up with a chainsaw?

...wait, I think we know how that last part will turn out. Damn it!

Regardless, Hammerburst all the way!

#14 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
Karmum said:
"How about the Hammersaw? That isn't an option? Fuck."
That should be an option!
#15 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Lancer! It has a chainsaw! Need I say more?

The hammerburst does have headshots on the other hand. Still, Lancer gets my vote.

#16 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -

An option for "Hammersaw:"

Hammersaw could be a Hammerburst + Chainsaw. The devastating shots of the hammerburst, and the...chainsaw.

Hammersaw could be a Hammerburst shooting out small pieces of the chainsaw blade. Need I say more?

#17 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Karmum said:
"An option for "Hammersaw:"

Hammersaw could be a Hammerburst + Chainsaw. The devastating shots of the hammerburst, and the...chainsaw.

Hammersaw could be a Hammerburst shooting out small pieces of the chainsaw blade. Need I say more?"
wow...

they should totally patch a chansaw gun in the next update

and wtf giantbomb no love for hammerburst
#18 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

I use the lancer more, but the hammerburst is quite useful.

#19 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I picked lancer, just to show no love to the hammerburst

#20 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Chainsaw Bayonets, amirite?

#21 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -

I've grown to love the Hammerburst, but since I play Horde mode more I tend to go lancer since the chainsaw tends to come in handy when things get super heavy.

#22 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Lancer for sure.

#23 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:

So you've moved on from elitist Halo douchebag to elitist Gears 2 douchebag?"
This is a pointless post, stop just trying to boost your post count.
#24 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Lancer

#25 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
ParanoidFreak said:
"Jayge said:
"crunchUK said:

So you've moved on from elitist Halo douchebag to elitist Gears 2 douchebag?"
This is a pointless post, stop just trying to boost your post count."
don't feed the trolls!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.