Anyone gonna attempt Seriously 3.0?

#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

I'm Level 36 and according to in-game stats, 33% done with the medals. Am I crazy or are other bombers gonna attempt this achievement?

#2 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

I'm going to try it in a general sense but some of the higher level medals are pretty out there. Completing Horde on Insane comes to mind. Plus there are other limiting factors such as the one that will require you to participate in something like dozens of events.

#3 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

@CenturionCajun: Yeah, I think anyone who is committed is going to be playing Gears 3 for years to come!

#4 Edited by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -
#5 Posted by wemibelec90 (1284 posts) -

I don't know yet. Not been the biggest fan of Gears in the past but this one is intriguing me more than those last few. Probably going to keep playing it and see how it grabs me.

#6 Posted by Clonedzero (3729 posts) -
#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

That Manloi has a lot of S-ranks.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

That Manloi has a lot of S-ranks.

You think modder?

Thats good. we know hes a loser then.

#9 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Yep, too many achievements gained when offline.

Well, maaaaybe he's legit, but I highly doubt he could get this achievement in less than a week.

#10 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -
@Clonedzero said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Someone did it.

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/seriously-30/116682/

how's that even possible. the amount of matches required alone...

looks like someone hacked their achievements or they spent ludicrous amounts of time playing that and resident evil 4 in the same week.  Checked his xbox live profile, seems he got many achievements done on 9/24/2011 on gears 3, halo reach and resident evil 4.
#11 Posted by IBurningStar (2145 posts) -

I don't see how anyone could have that yet. Has to be a modder. Has to be.

I'm not going to go for Seriously 3.0 because I know I'm just not going to play that much Gears. I really like this game and I'm going to spend a lot of time playing it, but I'm not great at it. I do fine, I'm not terrible or anything, but I'm not going to clear Horde on Insane or stuff like that. I don't have the time or patience for stuff like that.

#12 Edited by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Someone did it.

You mean someone glitched it. I don't care who you are, it's an impossibility to have all the Onyx medals already. Really? 18 thousand matches and tens of thousands of kills? 2,000 waves of Horde? Complete 500 chapters of arcade? Not to mention he would've had to do it all in one day, since going by achievements he hadn't even played online multi before the 24th.

Nope.

#13 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

Well, maaaaybe he's legit, but I highly doubt he could get this achievement in less than a week.

Lol I poked xbox support on twitter and they where like " Its possible if you play non stop" Mmmm no it is not possible. Cause I think there are even events that are not even out yet.

#14 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: H4XORZ!

#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

Now i wanna go play some. Some arcade mode would be fun rght now.

#16 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

Yeah, something's not right there. Didn't someone already mention in this thread that one of the medals requires you to play in something like a dozen Gears of War 3 events?

#17 Posted by RobotHamster (4156 posts) -

I did get Seriously 2.0 in Gears 2 so I was going to try for 3.0, but now I'm thinking I won't have the time to get it but I'll see.

#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@Slayeric said:

Yeah, something's not right there. Didn't someone already mention in this thread that one of the medals requires you to play in something like a dozen Gears of War 3 events?

It is not possible. Simple as that. He hacked it.

#19 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Tsk tsk tsk. Manloi. For shame.

#20 Posted by StrainedEyes (1310 posts) -

Yeah, the medal that requires you to play in a bunch of Gears events makes that achievement impossible for a long time.

#21 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

I don't know... I kind of would like to get it. I might give it a go.

#22 Posted by Crono11 (1626 posts) -

I'm seriously planning on getting it. ( I'm sorry )

I'm at level 47 right now and have 50% of the medals.

#23 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

@Crono11: How many of them have you ranked up?

#24 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Someone did it.

@Geo7877 said:

Yeah, the medal that requires you to play in a bunch of Gears events makes that achievement impossible for a long time.

@Slayeric said:

@The_Laughing_Man: Tsk tsk tsk. Manloi. For shame.

@SmasheControllers said:

@benjaebe said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Someone did it.

You mean someone glitched it. I don't care who you are, it's an impossibility to have all the Onyx medals already. Really? 18 thousand matches and tens of thousands of kills? 2,000 waves of Horde? Complete 500 chapters of arcade? Not to mention he would've had to do it all in one day, since going by achievements he hadn't even played online multi before the 24th.

Nope.

@iDarktread said:

Lol dude just contacted me via wall and admitted to cheating.

#25 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

Bahaha! That's great. He probably could careless. But whatever. Lame way to game the system.

#26 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

That's like half of a year of gaming devoted to a single game, Can't do that. 

#27 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

it's still impossible to get the onyx medal for participating in events (one event usually lasts a week or so)

#28 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

No, Epic can fuck themselves with these achievements.

15,000+ kills in warzone alone on Gears 1 and still no seriously. I loved the multiplayer, but that always bothered me how that glitch could occur. They really can't check my total leaderboard kills as a match ends?

#29 Posted by JamesKond (232 posts) -

It's kind of doable if you play as much as those crazy CoD players play it, only problem is the Vengful medal, it requires you to get killed three times by someone and than kill him/her. Which ehm, isn't really skillbased at all, bronze is 175 do the math on that onyx will be x.x

#30 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Am I the only can't see who "achieved" that? It says no one did.... This thread confuses me.

#31 Posted by Capum15 (4573 posts) -
@DonPixel said:
That's like half of a year of gaming devoted to a single game, Can't do that. 
This.

Especially with The Third, Assault Horizon, Revelations, and the 3's coming out here in a few...there's just no time.
#32 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

Not a big fan of using the sawed off. Getting 6000 kills with it would be a painful experience for both me and the receivers.

#33 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

No.

#34 Posted by Veektarius (4148 posts) -

I'll probably strive to get the medals that ask me to do things that sound fun, which is the most I've done with any game. I seriously have no S ranks anywhere, and as perfect a package as this game is, it won't be the first.

#35 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

I was, but not at the minute. Maybe some day.

#36 Posted by Slayeric (251 posts) -

@valrog: Looks like it might have been removed. It said Manloi had S-ranked Gears 3.

#37 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

They should have called it Seriously Seriously 1.5

#38 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

damn, sounds impossible now that i know the full details of what it involves after watching goldglove explain it.

#39 Posted by _Horde (838 posts) -

Well, I am enjoying the hell out of Gears of War 3, so I'll probably make some progress towards that achievment. I don't know if I'll ever get it though.

#40 Posted by Ares42 (2444 posts) -

While a lot of the numbers sound daunting, none of the big numbers are the real killers. Sure they require dedication etc, but the big killer is the event medal. Just think about it, at 1 event per month it's gonna be 2,5 years before it's even possible to get it. At 2 it's still gonna be over a year.

#41 Posted by brownsfantb (387 posts) -

I want to do it but I know I'll burn out on Gears before I even get close to actually getting it. I still have yet to even get the Vengeful ribbon once, let alone 175 times. And that's just for the first level of that medal.

#42 Posted by RandomHero666 (3174 posts) -

Yes, eventually I will get it.. It doesn;t seem that hard.. just very time consuming.

#43 Edited by RandomHero666 (3174 posts) -

Just found this. explains what is needed for the achievement.

kotaku.com/seriously-3%270/  Giantbomb name drop at the end.

I racked up 3 months of gametime on gears 2. It will come eventually, maybe help it along by playing some private matches against bots now and then

#44 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

coughprivatematchwitheasybotscough

#45 Posted by MildMolasses (3194 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart: Even still, that will be much worse than grinding out that brumak scene for seriously 2.0

#46 Posted by Rawrz (587 posts) -

I wonder if these Gears Events are just gonna be like what they did in Gears 2 and have some silly shit every weekend or so.

#47 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

i personaly feel l like its epic's way of torturing achievement whores

i can imagine the developers sitting in a board room coming up with ways to torture completionists

#48 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

This games multiplayer got boring after a few hours, so no I won't be attempting it.

and really it's not a big deal. It's grinding, pure and simple. It's not a skill based thing and I kinda feel sorry for anybody that feels compelled to do it.

@spartanlolz92 said:

i personaly feel l like its epic's way of torturing achievement whores

i can imagine the developers sitting in a board room coming up with ways to torture completionists

It has to be!

#49 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

@sofacitysweetheart: Even still, that will be much worse than grinding out that brumak scene for seriously 2.0

I disagree. I think doing the same boring sequence over and over again for hours and hours and hours is less appealing than something that demands variety and exploration of all the games features.

Also, Achievements should be as the name implies. Not "you played this game 10 times, well done!".

Not that I'm implying I'll ever get it, but if this is the last Gears of War game it's probably worth having something crazy and long-term oriented, even if only one person ever gets it legitimately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.